• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Armorian

Banned
699ControlScreenshot202.png
a58ControlScreenshot202.png
3f4ControlScreenshot202.png

Control2202202102421.png

Markie

BusierDonkey BusierDonkey Have you finished Crysis 2 already? I was going to tell you to try my Reshade preset:

It's meant to be used along with the "r_ColorGrading = 0" cvar. That way I've managed to remove the green tint entirely. Some people might think the tint is part of the visual identity (which I understand actually) but I think it looks very nice that way and almost like a different and more modern game with a proper variety of colors.

If you think there's too much contrast or darkness with this preset just lower the Gamma setting in Tonemap.fx from 1.042000 to 1.000000 or maybe 0.958000.

The screenshots in the preset page are not representative of the visuals you'll get with it by the way. They're very old, I took them when it was still a SweetFX preset using Defog from Tonemap to filter out the green tint (unintentionally adding a purple tint instead and also raising the gamma levels a lot more than if I were just using LiftGammaGain.fx, which is what I'm doing with this new Reshade version of the preset now).

Last edited:
BusierDonkey BusierDonkey Have you finished Crysis 2 already? I was going to tell you to try my Reshade preset:

It's meant to be used along with the "r_ColorGrading = 0" cvar. That way I've managed to remove the green tint entirely. Some people might think the tint is part of the visual identity (which I understand actually) but I think it looks very nice that way and almost like a different and more modern game with a proper variety of colors.

If you think there's too much contrast or just darkness with this preset just lower the Gamma setting in Tonemap.fx from 1.042000 to 1.000000 or maybe 0.958000.

The screenshots in the preset page are not representative of the visuals you'll get with it by the way. They're very old, I took them when it was still a SweetFX preset using Defog from Tonemap to filter out the green tint (unintentionally adding a purple tint instead and also raising the gamma levels a lot more than if I were just using LiftGammaGain.fx, which is what I'm doing with this new Reshade version of the preset now).

I'm already a well into Crysis 3, sorry. Crysis2 was pretty short and I had the whole day just to play it. You're right about the color grading though, I forgot a step when I was farting around in Reshade that I've adjusted for in Crysis 3 since it has the same green tint.

Crysis 3 - Rashade

UVVAkc8.jpg

O5FvcpA.jpg

PiYYUMu.jpg

Last edited:
K9f6kTa.jpg

Wf4uSYb.jpg

4XniBFs.jpg

This game is just nuts. The screenshots do it no justice, in motion it's on another level. The way light bounces off water when you wade through it is great. The foliage all reacts not only to your movements but your projectile weapons like rockets as well. When you fight some enemies in the tall grass it's just like the raptor scene in Jurassic Park 2 where if you climb onto higher ground you can see where the enemies are by the movement of the grass. I'm constantly impressed. 2013!

Last edited:
Top Bottom