• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 Holiday sales report pt.2: PlayStation 5 wins Cyber Monday sales. Madden 23 the top selling game.

More specifically, on Black Friday the top items consumers purchased were the Xbox Series X, Bluey toys and other goods, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Drones and Macbook, according to Adobe.
On Cyber Monday, the top purchases were Legos, PlayStation 5, Hot Wheels, Madden 23 and Smart Watches.
yI258E5.png

After Xbox Series X beat all consoles on Black Friday being the top most wanted thing on the charts and the only console in the public top 5 best-sellers, PlayStation has come back for Cyber Monday.

PlayStation was the 2nd most popular item consumers sought on Cyber Monday, which makes sense because the PS5 appeared to have more deals than on BF, only behind Lego fire sales that were going on for some reason.

The top and only major sought after title for Cyber Monday in the top 5 is Madden 23.

So Nintendo Switch took Thanksgiving, Xbox Series X took Black Friday, and PS5 took Cyber Monday.

As I’ve been saying, Xbox Series had Black Friday and PS5 has November.

That said GAF is the only place online that reports this. Even Matt Piscatella stays silent and usually reports on these things. Is this something we can trust? Monday ended less than 24 hours ago

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned

That said GAF is the only place online that reports this. Even Matt Piscatella stays silent and usually reports on these things. Is this something we can trust? Monday ended less than 24 hours ago
Gaf loves numbers. This is a good thread to satisfy that hunger.

Kuranghi

BF is probably one of the few times you can get money off Legos so makes sense, its like Nintendo games: "We're giving you 3 pounds off this £60 game! I know I know, we're too generous!"

I can confirm a lot of people tried to ask me annoying questions about smart watches as I ran past them to find someone to sell a TV for me. I didn't see any PS5s in the shop but quite a few Series S, we sold them all over the next few days though. A couple, both wearing high-vis vests - kinda weird, why wouldn't you just take it off before you left the car? So tired I guess, can relate - came in on Monday to buy one and they waited for 10 mins to speak to someone and they were all gone by then, wife was livid and she speed-walked out of the shop shouting back over her shoulder "WASTE OF TIME!", husbando was confused by this sudden event and muttered something to us, then followed after her.

I guess replace Madden with Fifa here probably.

John Wick

Wait for NPD for the real facts. Again we have no real data with any context.

Wait for NPD for the real facts. Again we have no real data with any context.

NPD usually doesn't report days.

This source is credible, all the media outlets quote them a simple search will show this the last several years, even NPD.

I'm not sure how people are associating days for the entire month anyway. Winning BF or CM doesn't necessarily mean you win the month. We saw that last year.

I can confirm a lot of people tried to ask me annoying questions about smart watches as I ran past them to find someone to sell a TV for me.

People were going to carriers taking advantage of smart watch deals too, putting them on their accounts as an add-on line due to the big discounts.

I personally never really got the hype for the smartwatches.

Top Bottom