• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 Console Screenshot Thread |OT| Crap, Crap, Mega Crap, I'll Give Ya 200 Bucks for All of Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Fidelity
kqB5oeN.jpg
AgQcxit.jpg

rofif

Banned
Man... it really should be easy and possble to post HDR screenshots.
Unfortunately ps5 compresses screenshots to SDR jpg when You copy from ps5.
The format is hdr compatible when viewed on ps5. I wonder what is the format on pc to do that.
there is wcg image viewer on pc that can do that and analyze hdr screenshots in .jxr or something but it's not really a viewer. It's just a tool.

I asked this question once on photography subreddit and almost got banned lol. They either didn't understand the question and attacked me "but you got the raw with all range of info in there!!!"

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The format is hdr compatible when viewed on ps5. I wonder what is the format on pc to do that.
there is wcg image viewer on pc that can do that and analyze hdr screenshots in .jxr or something but it's not really a viewer. It's just a tool.

I asked this question once on photography subreddit and almost got banned lol. They either didn't understand the question and attacked me "but you got the raw with all range of info in there!!!"
I have noticed Screenshots are different when HDR is disabled.
You'd think they would be the same if they are converted to SDR.

rofif

Banned
I have noticed Screenshots are different when HDR is disabled.
You'd think they would be the same if they are converted to SDR.
Ps5 does fantastic hdr-sdr conversion for copied screenshots but they are not hdr anymore.
Look way better on ps5 itself before converting

cormack12

Gold Member
qoYMVWH.png

Yeah, the XSX can output the jxr direct to OneDrive but I don't think we can actually export other than png. So they must be proprietary viewers and formats

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
How is this game?
I really liked it.

It's always nighttime and raining. I appreciate the voxel graphics. Atmosphere is good. The game is fairly simple. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is all the more charming for that. I felt well entertained through the whole play through and for 6€ on a sale this was totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom