• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

223k NES Mini sold in December (NA)

ggx2ac

Sales of Nintendo’s nostalgic NES Classic Edition were up 14 percent compared to November, its debut month that saw it move 196,000 consoles. Meanwhile, Pokémon helped the aging 3DS portable grow its sales by 2 percent from December 2015.

Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1335944

That should be approximately 223,440 units for December in the US for the biggest part of the retail season, a 14 percent increase from November.

Update!

USA: 420,000
Japan: 567,000

Total: 987,000*

*Missing RotW sales.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227706900&postcount=727

Famicom Mini Classics still outsold US region NES Mini Classics.

Makki

Supply limited sale number too. I would have bought one if I didnt have to compete with the unemployed Ebay/Craigscam flippers and camp the entrance to the local target for it.

ggx2ac

Nintendo is so crazy man, they could have sold millions and millions of those things.

Don't worry, we'll probably forget about NES Mini Classic being easy to find in the coming months when people are distracted by "artificial scarcity" of the Nintendo Switch.

hatchx

Banned
Head should roll for this. Huge failure to meet demand. They could have sold 5x that. The supply is still constrained.

Nintendo never stop with the artificial scarcity grift. After like 150 years they're still just one company. Camp outside the Tokyo stock exchange as early as you want, you're still not gonna own one. Scammers.

Could someone explain why it's still impossible to buy an NES classic controller anywhere?

I just want one for use with my Wii / Wii U.

I kinda don't believe they've ever been for sale.

Dominator

If I could have walked into a store and purchased this the week after it came out, I would have gotten it. Been too long now and I no longer care. Shame.

Futureman

I think they were scared that it would surpass Wii U's life to date sales in a few months so they constrained availability.

Velcro Fly

Nintendo was either playing dumb regarding the demand of this thing or it was not an act.

I really wonder how many they could have moved at $60 this holiday if supply was good.

Are people really acting like they anticipated a NES "rerelease" to tear up the charts? I'm pretty sure even Nintendo thought it was just be popular among collectors and enthusiasts. Hopefully in the coming months they react to the apparent demand

120v

can't believe i was able to get ahold of one without paying a scalper or camping in front of a store. for awhile i forgot i was getting it as a gift, just wanted to see if i could nab one to see if it was humanly possible

anyway... wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened here

ggx2ac

was so ready to buy several as gifts for xmas. Oh well

I would've bought one. The time has passed.

If I could have walked into a store and purchased this the week after it came out, I would have gotten it. Been too long now and I no longer care. Shame.

That was the worst part, I would've given 4 or 5 as presents, and kept one if I had an extra. Found zero

My nephew didn't get one for Christmas, that's all I know :/

Really dropped the ball. Wanted to get one around Christmas time and couldn't. No longer have any interest in buying it.

Thank you all. At least this shows that Nintendo lost sales and, the data here shows it wasn't because they were holding back units to generate hype and sell more (by those who claimed that) and then suddenly release 500k units from their "hidden warehouse" to stores across the US.

It was just something that was mismanaged that Nintendo didn't predict and couldn't ramp up production in an instant regarding the time it takes to manufacture and ship more units globally.

Maybe if they made less units they would have sold more units.

Hehe

SalvaPot

JustasPlannedMiyamoto.jpg

I would've bought one. The time has passed.

Really dropped the ball. Wanted to get one around Christmas time and couldn't. No longer have any interest in buying it.
This actually shows part of the reason why Nintendo went conservative. Clearly there was a narrow window and if they over produced or had too many production lines going it would have cost them because consumers are obviously short attention spanned with this product. Could Nintendo have sold more? Yes. Could they also have lost more money? I think these types of posts also show yes.

MoeDabs

Supply limited sale number too. I would have bought one if I didnt have to compete with the unemployed Ebay/Craigscam flippers and camp the entrance to the local target for it.

Scalpers gettin paid.

was so ready to buy several as gifts for xmas. Oh well

Crazy when you think about it

That was the worst part, I would've given 4 or 5 as presents, and kept one if I had an extra. Found zero

They could have sold 10x that number. The demand was absurd.

Such salt over a shitty emulator box.

Vlaphor

Saw nine of them in the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas a couple of days ago. Didn't get one myself (since I don't think they're worth the price to me), but I did send a pic to a Kansas retro gaming group I'm with and they were all picked up within four hours.

I got one today!! Drove for two hours to get that sucker at 10am! I was so happy when I finally got to hold it in my hands!! I went in blind, so the list of games bundled with it BLEW MY MIND. Like, every title I read, I exclaimed! I have never owned an NES, ever!!!! I want to play and finish ALL THE GAMES!!

Though I sadly sold it. :(

I only wanted the controller (that damn thing is more rare than the fucking console!!) so I sold it on Kijiji for cost price, minus the controller which I kept (and mentioned heavily in the ad that I'm keeping it). The thirst was real when folks were messaging me like crazy, and I sold it to the first person who responded, and deleted the ad to stop the message brigade.

I was so sad to let go of it because I REALLY WANT ONE BADLY, but the guy I sold it to was soooo happy because he wanted one for his son's birthday (which is in the coming days). I told him to wrap it nicely, and guided h on which third party controller to get from Best Buy (Get the Insignia one. It has longer cord, better sized, better replica, and decent price, etc). So yeah, we were all happy, and it all worked out... :)

I can wait a few more days/weeks for my BACKORDERED UNIT TO SHIP!! :D Fuck scalpers!

Saw nine of them in the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas a couple of days ago. Didn't get one myself (since I don't think they're worth the price to me), but I did send a pic to a Kansas retro gaming group I'm with and they were all picked up within four hours.
Aww man, NBFM had some? I could've gotten one. You live in the KC area?

ghibli99

Such salt over a shitty emulator box.
That ain't even salt, man. Just observations from peeps frustrated by the nonexistent supply at retail. I would have liked one too... not even for the games, I just wanted the device as a nice modern memento of a great generation, but they made it pretty impossible to do so.

Top Bottom