• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22Cans/Peter Molyneux's "Curiosity" is out for iOS

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curiosity-whats-inside-cube/id557549271

mzl.nivjpuis.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.joxidukq.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.hrbfkvod.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.kxmpehdp.320x480-75.jpg

Join thousands of people worldwide to simultaneously chip away at a giant cube to discover the life-changing secret buried inside.

★★★★★ “This is absurdly addictive.”
★★★★★ “The greatest mystery the world has ever known.”
- “Curiosity Really Can Change Gaming Forever” - Kotaku.com
- "22cans’ Curiosity is the most important videogame this year." - thesixthaxis.com

Deep in the centre of the cube is something life-changingly amazing, but only the first person to reach the centre will discover what’s inside.

***On your journey to the centre of the cube you shall discover many experiences...***
✔ Join thousands of people in being part of a one-of-a-kind social experiment
✔ Earn coins for chipping away at the cube and spend them on new destructive and playful tools to get to the centre of the cube faster. The more you chip away, the more powerful you become.
✔ Enjoy the addictive nature of chipping away at the cube.
✔ Make beautiful music just by interacting with the cube.
✔ Experiment with creating text and pictures just by chipping shapes into the surface of the cube.
✔ Watch the cube evolve as the world’s impact on the cube’s surface changes over time.
✔ Each layer of the cube holds something unique for the world to reveal.
✔ How many cracks in the cube can you make in fast succession? Earn coins the longer you can last and compare your score with your friends.
✔ Invite your friends to indulge their curiosity, compare your progress together, and find each other on the cube.
✔ Relax to the very therapeutic activity and soundscape.
✔ Experiment with various techniques. Everyone interacts with the cube in their own way!
✔ Keep revisiting the cube over time to find new surprises.
✔ This is the first of 22 experiments from the legendary designer Peter Molyneux. Will the power of curiosity bring the world together?

I'm number #66.

This looks a lot less mental than what I previously saw. I thought it was just a cube you endlessly tapped.

Also, spoilers:
iOS Theme Hospital inside

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
CACC is a rather unfortunate acronym from the words describing it.

Should have thought of a word beginning with K for the last one for full effect.

Vamphuntr

For some reason there are sentences in Spanish scrolling around everywhere. Are they in Spanish for everyone or is that Peter doesn't know the difference between French (my iOS language) and Spanish.

rbanke

I'm 158'th. Clicked a bunch for a few minutes. Then I did a pixel mario, then I clicked some more. Now i'm bored with it.

The goal idea reminds me of Noby Noby Boy, but less interesting.

My prediction: somebody hacks the game in under 24 hours to find what's in the cube.
They haven't even put the secret in the game from what I understand. They will personally send it to the verified winner (DLC?). Also they have someone who worked for British secret service doing the security. It should be solid.

StuBurns

Banned
May the cult begin, 9k quarterly gets you Neon-Delta-Epsilon status and induction at the provincial grand lodge.

Vamphuntr

It's pretty boring except to sabotage the work of other people. He better come up with something better for the next 21 experiences. Next.

Mik_Pad

Banned
For some reason there are sentences in Spanish scrolling around everywhere. Are they in Spanish for everyone or is that Peter doesn't know the difference between French (my iOS language) and Spanish.
I got portuguese text scrolling, im latin and my phone is set to english.

Riposte

Join thousands of people worldwide to simultaneously chip away at a giant cube to discover the life-changing secret buried inside.

How is it that his utter bullshit can still elicit a response from me? I guess it is because he is just becoming worse and worse.

EDIT: Can someone link me to the context behind kotaku's quote? I need to hurt myself reading something.

It's actually sort of cool to go around seeing what people are making. How the hell did someone make that humongous word on one side that you can clearly read all the way zoomed out?

What are the potential consequences of buying the diamond axe, using it, and immediately calling Apple or your credit card company to claim a fraudulent charge? Seems like something that would be really easy to blame on kids or whatever. "C'mon you think someone would really spend FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on a damn video game?"

LaneDS

It's actually sort of cool to go around seeing what people are making. How the hell did someone make that humongous word on one side that you can clearly read all the way zoomed out?

What are the potential consequences of buying the diamond axe, using it, and immediately calling Apple or your credit card company to claim a fraudulent charge? Seems like something that would be really easy to blame on kids or whatever. "C'mon you think someone would really spend FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on a damn video game?"

We eagerly await the outcome of your experiment! Godspeed.

I wrote "Obama 2012" under that humongous word/ name. Someone had time to write "Yea" with an arrow pointing to it before it got scribbled over.

This is pretty... interesting. Could be fun to waste some time here.

I think I was #387 or something. Currently breaking screens and screens of blocks randomly.

Eh, not like it's that big a deal, considering how many you can get in like a few minutes.

Blocks remaining on this level: 98,658,613
Total cubelets destroyed by me: 1,648

Hmm.

Top Bottom