• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 gameplay

5 minutes in; visuals are nice. Frame rate is terrible but who knows how much of that is due to YouTube. I've not played this series at all, but gameplay wise it looks decent. I like the freedom of choice they're offering in this level.

They've managed to make all the Sniper games look halfway decent in their respective trailers and gameplay demonstrations in the past, while the actual game in the end turns out to be complete dreck.

Anyone excited for this should really keep their expectations to a minimum.

I guess people really like Sniping, as theres really no excuse for this series to have gotten to a third entry.

Ajacx

Banned
This is what I saw BCH and also played at E3. Paint me cautiously optimistic. (Repost from other thread.)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looking forward to this. Enjoyed the second game on PC. The new additions like weather and day cycle will make it fun. Not worried about the frame issues since its not out till 2016.

Shari

They've managed to make all the Sniper games look halfway decent in their respective trailers and gameplay demonstrations in the past, while the actual game in the end turns out to be complete dreck.

Anyone excited for this should really keep their expectations to a minimum.

I guess people really like Sniping, as theres really no excuse for this series to have gotten to a third entry.

This is pretty much it.

And I like sniping, is just that this series are terribly uninspired.

SFenton

This is pretty much it.

And I like sniping, is just that this series are terribly uninspired.

Bummer. Sniping is a pretty great sub genre, I love Elite 3. Different franchise, yeah, but the mechanics involved are wonderful.

Bummer. Sniping is a pretty great sub genre, I love Elite 3. Different franchise, yeah, but the mechanics involved are wonderful.

I loved Sniper Elite 3, didn't care at all about the first 2. I still own it for PS4, might return to the multiplayer if there's anyone still playing.

Anyways, trailer looked okay. Hope it turns out well.

Protome

Looks like a good step up from the first two, hopefully it stays that way for release. I assume it's Cryengine? It looks a hell of a lot like Crysis.

If not...well, Sniper Elite 3 is real good.

Dat Legacy
hrWJcvM.jpg

edit:this one looks interesting at least

GavinUK86

I like how he's using his "detective mode" to follow a safe path... you know, the only path through the bushes. I don't think you need to be guided through there, it's pretty obvious there's a path.

edit: Holy shit, that framerate is jank.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I absolutely adored the atmosphere and sniping mechanics in the first two games, but then the gameplay was basically just "walk to next sniping point, shoot 30 dudes in a row who all know you're there" and that was super lame. It seems like they are trying to do better than that this time, but true open area nonlinear gameplay is something extremely few have done at all let alone done well, so I'll have to see the actual game.

For this demo, I know they intentionally had the helo exit, but I really hope the whole base doesn't just instantly know where you are after you kill the big guy. If you can kill their snipers and they don't hear/pinpoint your location, they shouldn't be able to when you kill their leader.

Played the 1st one and it was horrible.

Played a small part of the 2nd and also thought it was bad. Maybe I should have given it more time.

Not interested in this at all.

cackhyena

Looks a lot better than the first two. I'm wondering if the alarm raised after the big kill was staged, or if you can get in and out without anyone ever knowing. I skipped through the video to different points, so maybe I missed it if they said it. If they have you sneaking as carefully as a proper stealth game through 99% of it, only to have the action hero ending after every kill be mandatory...I'm out.

soultron

Banned
The OW concept seems really neat. I'll keep an eye on this. For anyone ITT worrying about performance, the vid does have a clear pre-alpha disclaimer on it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The previous 2 games were criticized for being too linear so it's good that this is gonna be more open. Still, I'm worried about the AI, it was always terrible in both this and Rebellion's Sniper Elite series

Ugh, I hate that so many games have a 'detective vision' feature these days. Takes all the challenge and fun out of the game imo. Oh well, at least it's optional.

And UGH, glowing enemies are even worse. Do they really think we're that fucking dumb?

Apart from that it looks OK.

I just wish these sniper games had something more to offer than just some targets and not particularly interesting stealth. Sniper Elite got those X-ray animations but I never feel compelled to try them out for more.

The only sniper game I loved were the arcade ones, cause the rifle was cool to hold and the interface was just unique.

Lrrr

One thing I wish developers would improve in FPS games is getting the characters height correct in relation to their environment. So many times I've played a game where I'll approach an object I should be looking down on, only to see it near my eye level. Unless the MC is designed to be short, their eye-line shouldn't be eye-to-eye with a table. It may not bother anyone else, but this is something that immediately sticks out to me as "off".

snipergw323pkx.jpg

snipergw3bt3rti.jpg

speedomodel

I really enjoyed Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. Even the first had some merits, fun budget shooters with great sniping.

This is one of my most anticipated for next year, I hope the fix the issues with 2.

Kikorin

Can't belive thay are making a third chapter for this series. First 2 was bad, but probably they made money from them.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm guessing this is on a PC...sure it's pre-alpha but it sure does look sluggish with those graphics. Previous ones weren't super smooth either.

Gameplay looks decent anyway but I'm more put off than interested.

Maybe that's harsh, they all do it but still, too much. I want to see smoothness, especially in a sniper game.

One thing I wish developers would improve in FPS games is getting the characters height correct in relation to their environment. So many times I've played a game where I'll approach an object I should be looking down on, only to see it near my eye level. Unless the MC is designed to be short, their eye-line shouldn't be eye-to-eye with a table. It may not bother anyone else, but this is something that immediately sticks out to me as "off".

IMG
IMG

thought it was obvious that you play as a 10 year old child

Enosh

"Russians moved into Georgia to set up uranium enrichment and you need to slow them down"

oh yeah, I'm sure it's very important Russians don't get that 4481st nuclear weapon ^^

SFenton

I loved Sniper Elite 3, didn't care at all about the first 2. I still own it for PS4, might return to the multiplayer if there's anyone still playing.

Anyways, trailer looked okay. Hope it turns out well.

Recently got back into it on Xbox One. At super odd hours it's tough to find a match, but at "normal" playing times you should be able to find a TDM or FFA game in short order.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Visuals and approach seems cool but oof that framerate was bad. If the game ships like that it'll be unplayable.

Tapejara

So far it looks like a huge improvement over Ghost Warrior 2, but this is City Interactive so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom