• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 Free Months Of CBS All-Access, Give Star Trek: Discovery A Watch

DiscoJer

I play Star Trek Online and have been inflicted with cringe inducing snippets of dialogue from the show. I don't think I could bear to watch it, even for free.

Kevin

I play Star Trek Online and have been inflicted with cringe inducing snippets of dialogue from the show. I don't think I could bear to watch it, even for free.

It's funny how negative everyone here has been about Star Trek: Discovery. Elsewhere where I post, there are lively discussions about the show. It's rather unfortunate but I won't be mentioning the show anymore here.

norm9

Watched the first two episodes. Didn't like what happened with (character) and it seemed too action oriented. Does the mood change at all to become more intelligent (not the exact word I'm looking for, but more TOS and less Abrams'-y)?

Like I was hyped in that opening scene when the captain does the walking around bit, but then it kinda lost me asnothing else happening was like that.

Last edited:

Fbh

I've started watching discovery and I'm still on the fence. The production values are good and it seems like it might get interesting but right now (episode 3) my main issue is the cast. The only character so far that's somewhat likeable is the captain.

Does it get better? Do annoying science guy and annoying roommate girl get better (or die)?

livestOne

It's funny how negative everyone here has been about Star Trek: Discovery. Elsewhere where I post, there are lively discussions about the show. It's rather unfortunate but I won't be mentioning the show anymore here.
your favorite show sucks

Elsewhere where I post, there are lively discussions about the show.

4aahZGu.jpg

REEEsetEra doesn't count, we all know they are insane. Also where is this "lively discussion" you speak of, because I couldn't find any in that topic.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
We do have a thread about Star Trek Discovery and we are discussing it there. A big reason for the negativity certainly is how the series ignores certain strengths of the franchise, seemingly lacks a science advisor (that the other series had and is important to make it somewhat consistent instead of fantasy in space) and how it focusses on too few characters of which some are specifically badly written (in particular, Wesley-Tilly and god-Michael). But there have also been positive postings, e.g. my own posting on last week's episode.

Ownage

I took advantage of this, and am impressed with the interface and speed of connectivity. Hulu, in contrast, is sloppy in response to requests.

I wouldn't watch STD if you payed me since I heard there's a character who is a "mansplainer" and gets killed for it, SJW trash.

However I am curious about the new Twilight Zone.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I wouldn't watch STD if you payed me since I heard there's a character who is a "mansplainer" and gets killed for it
It is true, first episode of second series. He only exists in that episode and only for that purpose though, so that is not a long-running aspect of the series.

Top Bottom