• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 From Hell Teaser - Rob Zombie's sequel to The Devil's Rejects and House of a 1000 Corpses

Vlaphor

Not totally sure how I feel about this. Devil's Rejects is a really good movie with a perfect ending, but it also felt definitive...

Considering they got gunned down by the police

I guess they might have survived that...

Still, this could be really good, though Rob Zombie's films haven't been the best recently. One more time back into the well it seems.

I didn't know he was doing this. I'm definitely in.

Devil's Rejects was like a low key favorite film of mine when I was younger. 1000 Corpses is a fun "so bad it's good" film to watch while drinking a few beers or whatever.

I thought Zombie made a decent movie in Lords of Salem. I mean, it wasn't good, but it wasn't the worst thing I have seen either. The zombie Halloween movies, I mean, eh whatever

Last edited:
Well The Devil's Rejects seems to remain the quintessential Rob Zombie movie and he seems uninterested in moving beyond that subject matter, so hopefully he can make a worthy follow-up. Or just something entertaining with style. Just not another shit movie, especially after 31, please.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well The Devil's Rejects seems to remain the quintessential Rob Zombie movie and he seems uninterested in moving beyond that subject matter, so hopefully he can make a worthy follow-up. Or just something entertaining with style. Just not another shit movie, especially after 31, please.

Yeah 31, was such a piece of shit it really soured me on Zombie's work. The misfires previous to that I put down to studio interference and/or stretching out of his comfort zone, but with 31, there was literally no place to hide his ownership of that particular clunker.

bitbydeath

Hopefully they’re only making this because they have a really good script that they couldn’t ignore.

I wasn’t a big fan of 1000 corpses but with Devils Rejects it made the entire series enjoyable.

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
The Devil Reject's is the only good Rob Zombie movie imo

31 and LOS were fucking trash, i have zero hope for this to be good

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I haven't seen 31 but I like every other movie Rob made. I was REALLY looking forward to his remake of the Blob but I guess that fell through.

I like Rob too, but honestly 31 is a trainwreck. Its not entirely without merit, but the spots that work are few and far between, and the overall impression is just blah. Its like a lame copy of a Rob Zombie movie.

It could be interesting. There are some shots in there that make me curious. The luchador gunmen in particular.

I'd just like to see something that gives an idea of the plot. Right now it's just "omg look how craazy this is xD"

God Enel

Hate House of 1000 Corpses.
Love devils rejects. Classic for me. Back in the days I watched it so many times.
Will watch this one for sure.

And Sheri moon zombie is a fine lady.

Hate House of 1000 Corpses.
Love devils rejects. Classic for me. Back in the days I watched it so many times.
Will watch this one for sure.

And Sheri moon zombie is a fine lady.

Agreed on two counts. Devil’s is awesome, criminally underrated. Sheri is sexy as fuck.

House of 1000 Corpses has that “so bad it’s good” vibe for me. I remember watching it with friends while playing drinking games. I’d taken seriously then it’s an utter shit pile, for sure.

Ol'Scratch

These movies are always a good time. Looking forward to it. I just want to go on record and say that I NEVER rejected Sheri Moon. That is slander.

Last edited:

norm9

A little worried about how my favorite three degenerates based on this review. Worst nightmare is fucking up these crazy killers.

Still Day 1 regardless.

kunonabi

A little worried about how my favorite three degenerates based on this review. Worst nightmare is fucking up these crazy killers.

Still Day 1 regardless.

It's hard to get a read on this one since every negative review I see is followed by a really positive one. I got my ticket for tonight regardless so we'll see how it goes. I couldn't find my copy of Rejects to do a rewatch so maybe going in somewhat fresh will help.

brap

Banned
It's hard to get a read on this one since every negative review I see is followed by a really positive one. I got my ticket for tonight regardless so we'll see how it goes. I couldn't find my copy of Rejects to do a rewatch so maybe going in somewhat fresh will help.
Report back here with your thoughts. I trust you.

Shrap

Always keen for more Sid Haig. Even if Zombie continues his trend of dropping quality I'll give this a watch as he usually at least has some interesting characters and cool scenes.

kunonabi

Just got out. It's really funny in spots and the actors are clearly super invested which helps. It does take a while to find a rhythm though as the beginning of the film isnt all that interesting. The budget was certainly an issue but in the end I thought it mostly turned out well. It's no Devil's Rejects but it certainly isnt his worst movie by any stretch either.

MetalAlien

Banned
Saw it. There was a double feature with The Devils Rejects here in town. Nice little movie. It's definitely smaller scale and you can tell everyone is a little worn out from age but yea... they all do their thing just like they used to. Rob makes good use of his low budget and tries to keep everything intimate.

Top Bottom