• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new Resident Evil VII: Not A Hero Screenshots (Another Melee Finisher Returns)

Jawmuncher

Capcom released another 3 images for the Not a Hero DLC before THS. Guess this is the teaser before we see gameplay next week. I gotta say seeing melee return for Chris is amazing. It's nice knowing that Capcom considers that an integral part for veterans which they consider at this point as being "Hero Characters". So we know for sure that stomping molded on the ground and punching them in the face are in.

img_3225s4u9t.jpg

img_3226irup3.jpg

img_322718uws.jpg

I can't wait to play this DLC. Definitely seems like it'll be a nice treat for RE action fans. From what we know about it.

-----
Older stuff people might have missed
xeke6l39mxyxjcixffnztrsshg.jpg

PZP6PWf.jpg

sMFlDeT.jpg

The bottom right infographic text is my favorite

JayEH

Really hope they played some doom before designing this. It has potential but the gun play in 7 was very...weak. Can't wait for some more action RE.

Jawmuncher

Really hope they played some doom before designing this. It has potential but the gun play in 7 was very...weak. Can't wait for some more action RE.

With the main weapons being a Shotgun and Albert. I think they know this. Thus they're offsetting the gunplay itself with heavy power and melee moves. Don't gotta worry about aim when string shots are staggering enemies alone.

Real Resident Evil is back?!

I love that this was the first post

duckroll

I said the same thing months ago about the future of first person RE and "fanboys" (who apparently failed to turn up for their precious RE7 which had disappointing sales) told me to shut up. Looks like we know who Capcom really listens to these days tho. So it must suck to be them.

Reebot

I said the same thing months ago about the future of first person RE and "fanboys" (who apparently failed to turn up for their precious RE7 which had disappointing sales) told me to shut up. Looks like we know who Capcom really listens to these days tho. So it must suck to be them.

Whoa. Kind of aggressive there, chief.

BadWolf

Well they couldn't really do much with Ethan since the whole point was to star a more normal guy.

Chris on the other hand is fair game.

Grisby

Cool. It sucks that he doesn't look more or sound like the Chris I know and love but I'll still play it. In fact, I plan on playing this along with all of the DLC since I;ve never touched it. Might run through the game again too.
I thought it was fine. The Shotgun was meaty from what I remember which is the hallmark of any good resi game.

RE7 overall will probably hold up better than this DLC tho

Zukkoyaki

This looks badass!

I have no problem with some juicy action Resident Evil. Variety is the spice of life plus I genuinely enjoy both styles of RE.

Jawmuncher

RE7 overall will probably hold up better than this DLC tho

Considering they delayed it even past the original summer date delay. I think they put enough work in it that it'll be a lot better than people are expecting. Especially for a free DLC and what is essentially the actual ending of RE7

We should get a good idea on it when we see more of it during TGS.

to be fair this was planned well before the game was even released lol

duckroll

Is that why instead of being released when it was due, they delayed it for months? You really think this is the exact same DLC they planned before RE7 was released with any changes or improvements made after seeing feedback and Chris backlash from RE7?

Is that why instead of being released when it was due, they delayed it for months? You really think this is the exact same DLC they planned before RE7 was released with any changes or improvements made after seeing feedback and Chris backlash from RE7?

I thought it was delayed because Capcom didn't like the quality from the outsourcing development of it, so they decided to re-do it themselves.

Jawmuncher

I thought it was delayed because Capcom didn't like the quality from the outsourcing development of it, so they decided to re-do it themselves.

You're all right. The general idea and some melee were there originally. We know that much. But like Duck Roll said the extended delay was most likely to add more to the DLC as well as fix said issues it might've had originally. Especially in terms feedback overall on offering a different experience from the main campaign.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless of how I feel about the terrible redone Chris and New Umbrella...

my body is ready to punch some BOWs as my dude Chris Redfield.

Falcon_e10eaf_251028.gif

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's just shooting up more of the same molded. This game really needed more enemy types, and more visually interesting ones too.

There's new molded types. This gas one for example enrages the regular molded around it.
(Which is why the gameplay screen has an air indicator)
Good to hear, I'm pretty sick of the molded but if there's at least more variety to the encounter design here I'll be happy.

Jawmuncher

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's just shooting up more of the same molded. This game really needed more enemy types, and more visually interesting ones too.

There's new molded types. This gas one for example enrages the regular molded around it.
NaHScreen1.jpg

(Which is why the gameplay screen has an air indicator)

Those screenshots don't look very promising. Despite how fun first person action RE sounds, fighting the molded again in the same environments doesn't sound good. They can probably get away with it here since it's free DLC but End of Zoe needs to be more different.

Don't wanna sound like a jerk, but is it really productive for a conversation to be throwing out theories? Again I hope im not out of line but it just seems a tad silly.

Kazuhira

That's some metroid-esque HUD tbh,is it because he is wearing a helmet?
Keep your expectations in check Jaw,i don't think you're getting a fps version of RE6 with this dlc.

Jawmuncher

Those screenshots don't look very promising. Despite how fun first person action RE sounds, fighting the molded again in the same environments doesn't sound good. They can probably get away with it here since it's free DLC but End of Zoe needs to be more different.

NaH is action focused
EoZ will be horror focused and was essentially the PT directors pitch for RE8 in some of the ideas it'll apparently have (More than likely gameplay ideas and not necessarily story)

That's some metroid-esque HUD tbh,is it because he is wearing a helmet?

Yeah. The Helmet is supposed to be more than just a simply gas mask.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
They delayed it specifically because it was outsourced and they didn't like the quality and didn't wanna risk washing away all the great reception from the main game so they had an inhouse team rework it. What are you talking about?

Gorger

Wait a minute? That is actually Chris and not an imposter? He doesn't look anything like Chris what-so-ever.

It's cool that this seems to be more action based, but I doubt this will even come close to scratching the same itch as previous action RE titles. The kinda of action RE provided just doesn't work with a first person view.

Hopefully we'll get a new third person action RE game (a new sub series maybe?) sooner rather than later.

Jawmuncher

It's cool that this seems to be more action based, but I doubt this will even come close to scratching the same itch as previous action RE titles. The kinda of action RE provided just doesn't work with a first person view.

Hopefully we'll get a new third person action RE game (a new sub series maybe?) sooner rather than later.

I think we will. Between this DLC and Vendetta. I think capcom knows at this point. It's best to keep RE as a broad franchise in-terms of genre. No reason to seclude it to only one style or perspective.

Jawmuncher

Wait a minute? That is actually Chris and not an imposter? He doesn't look anything like Chris what-so-ever.

Yea, unfortunately. It's quite a re-design

It especially odd when this month we're seeing chris in the RE5 design.
ItF3U4x.jpg

Though going by the director or someone from RE7. Apparently both styles are here to stay in some capacity. RE7 chris for these more realistic RE engine games and the regular RE5 style chris to stay for not realistic stuff. Still odd but whatever.

Top Bottom