• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new Wii U bundles coming to EU (1 Premium, 2 Basic), no set prices again

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A bundle with both Wii Party U and Nintendoland together will make for a wonderful Christmas morning. Especially for families with a couple of extra Wii Remotes already.

Nintendoland is the kind of game people really need to play to be sold on, though.

This was my first thought when I saw this bundle. Get your family together on Christmas and buy this bundle, what a lovely day it will be!

The Just Dance and Wii Party bundles look like they're for the Wii on first glance.

Finally the confusion could work in their favor! lol

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok I'm pretty ignorant about this. What exactly is Luigi U? Is it a completely new set of levels with Luigi or is it like a remix type deal? How much content does it offer on top of the original game and how is the quality compared to the original game?

Price point needs to change but that is like King Canute trying stopping the tide...

£150-£199 needs to be the goal. I'd be controversial and think about killing the premium to get there rather than the basic (+24 GB is little help when major downloaders still need a real hard drive, charging cradle is borderline tat in my eyes, sensor bar is kee...).

Sensor bar? Just dance uses remotes so it needs the sensor bar, right? Does that mean this is the first basic bundle to have one included.

Ok I'm pretty ignorant about this. What exactly is Luigi U? Is it a completely new set of levels with Luigi or is it like a remix type deal? How much content does it offer on top of the original game and how is the quality compared to the original game?
It is basically a romhack (some overworld, all new levels, in multiplayer someone will be stuck playing as Nabbit). Main difference is all levels start with 100 seconds on clock (it is built around moving quickly).

When did Nintendo UK have a store? This makes it even more tragic you can't buy things like replacement Wii remote battery covers in the UK...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It is basically a romhack (some overworld, all new levels, in multiplayer someone will be stuck playing as Nabbit). Main difference is all levels start with 100 seconds on clock (it is built around moving quickly).

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm slightly tempted by the NSMBU and Luigi U bundle now, but at the same time I don't want to spend £250 on a Wii U. I guess I better just hope some retailer does the bundle for cheaper.

Not that I live in Europe or anything, but thank god these are all actual games on disc. It's so ridiculous in their recent bundles they just include these awful digital only version, with no instruction manual or nice case to keep the game in. It's enough to make collector's like me completely avoid them until they go back to the way it's supposed to be. So this is heartening. I know that Mario and Luigi U combo game is gonna be super rare someday.

D-e-f-

Banned
I want the bundle, but I feel like it's £50 more than I want to pay. Comeon Nintendo, get that price drop in

Dude, the price drop literally JUST happened. What you're getting here is a ridiculously good value. Everyone seems to forget that the Deluxe Set comes with the deluxe digital promotion that gives you about 10% back from every eShop purchase.

Not that I live in Europe or anything, but thank god these are all actual games on disc. It's so ridiculous in their recent bundles they just include these awful digital only version, with no instruction manual or nice case to keep the game in. It's enough to make collector's like me completely avoid them until they go back to the way it's supposed to be. So this is heartening. I know that Mario and Luigi U combo game is gonna be super rare someday.

Instruction manuals are dead outside of special editions if you're lucky. Get used to it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sounds pretty interesting. I'm slightly tempted by the NSMBU and Luigi U bundle now, but at the same time I don't want to spend £250 on a Wii U. I guess I better just hope some retailer does the bundle for cheaper.

If you're a fan of platformers, you owe it to yourself to pick up Luigi U at some point at least. Let me put it this way: I am pretty good at platformers, to the point where I hit 99 lives within the first couple of worlds in the standard Mario game and never look back (NSMBU included). The 1ups flow like wine in Luigi U, but by the time I was at the end of the game I had never had more than 10-15 lives on me at any one time.

So yeah, even if you don't jump on a Wii U this holiday, keep NSMBU+Luigi on your list for when you do eventually pick one up.

Orgen

Dude, the price drop literally JUST happened. What you're getting here is a ridiculously good value. Everyone seems to forget that the Deluxe Set comes with the deluxe digital promotion that gives you about 10% back from every eShop purchase.

Instruction manuals are dead outside of special editions if you're lucky. Get used to it.

The bolded is subjective. Don't try to force your opinion on other people ;D

P.S: If NSMBU+NSLU is a physical release, I'm getting the bundle but I understand that some people don't see it like a good value.

willybobo

Banned
Mangoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_lj0hw7qjyd1qetts3o1_400.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned

P.S: If NSMBU+NSLU is a physical release, I'm getting the bundle but I understand that some people don't see it like a good value.

It really isn't. Unless someone thinks everything should be free or they should GET money for taking the console off the retailers hands.

PaulLFC

It really isn't. Unless someone thinks everything should be free or they should GET money for taking the console off the retailers hands.
Er... yes it is. If someone doesn't believe £250 is good value for this, that doesn't automatically mean they would only consider "free" to be good value.

D-e-f-

Banned
Er... yes it is. If someone doesn't believe £250 is good value for this, that doesn't automatically mean they would only consider "free" to be good value.

It's a stupid argument. Anyone is free to not be interested in a certain product but this is an objectively great value unless one isn't aware of what is part of the deal.

It's a stupid argument. Anyone is free to not be interested in a certain product but this is an objectively great value unless one isn't aware of what is part of the deal.
I think you mean to say it offers a discount when compared with buying the items individually.

Value is subjective. Say I have a bum knee. Guess how much I value a world-class pair of skis?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

of course everything is subjective.
but they cut the price exactly...now. and the value of the contents of the bundles is higher than the price set, considering hw much those things costs individually, especially before the cut
I don't think that everyone should buy it. but neither callung for another cut now nor denying the actual value of the bundles

Dantis

I think you overvalue a year old game and its expansion pack.

It's not that crazy at all when you consider that I got my Wii U Premium for £225 at the end of January.

PaulLFC

It is't a "stupid argument" just because you don't agree with it. As has been said value is subjective. What is good value to one person may not be good value to another. This does not make either person wrong. "It's a big saving compared to the RRP of buying everything separately" - correct. "It's good value" - opinion.

Top Bottom