• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 wheeled motorcycles/scooters!!!! [What?]

they look silly, don't you agree

• yes, they're silly looking

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • no, they're cool

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
So, I go to my friends house that is 3 houses from me everyday to sit on his porch and drink coffee.
And we're there drinking coffee, chillin and talking, and there's this "bike" passing by. It's a one way street so he had to turn around. And I get and I see he's stopping and saying hello. It's a dude that we know.
He's on some 3 wheeled scooter. And I could't stop laughing. What the hell is this, I asked him. It's a 250cc scooter that has 2 front wheels. I kinda ribbed him a bit and said that contraption ain't a bike.
To me a bike is a bike. 2 wheels, manual transmission. I don't have anything against scooters, I do realize some people don't like to change gears and prefer automatic transmission. It's cool. But a scooter to me is on 2 wheels and has constantly variable transmission, ie automatic. I didn't even noticed that 3 wheel "bikes" are becoming a thing. I knew about them but didn't actually saw one until yesterday.
I think they look silly. They might be safer I guess, but I think they shouldn't be called bikes. They're goofy machines.
What do you think about these 3 wheel "bikes"? Don't they look silly?

2019-Yamaha-Niken-GT-Review-three-wheel-motorcycle-14.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F2%2F6%2F1%2F9%2F8459162-1-eng-GB%2F20140325-YamahaMotor.jpg

TrainedRage

Banned
I’m fine with the type you posted OP. But let me tell you those 3 wheel ATV’s are fucking death traps. Those ones with just one wheel in the front and 2 in the back.

Had one at my cabin and every single time I rode it it would flip. Or top over around turns.

Aren't trikes like are

Aren't these, ahem, for older folks with balance issues, meaning "either give up biking or ride one of those".
I agree. But there is a difference. That Harley one has wheels at the back. I don't have an issue with that.
Those that have 2 wheels in the front I have an issue with.
Because you can still fall pretty hard with a front dual wheel trike. Then what's the point of them?

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Aren't trikes like are

Aren't these, ahem, for older folks with balance issues, meaning "either give up biking or ride one of those".

I dunno if they are exclusively for older folks. I'd much rather ride cross country on a trike than a bike.

Last edited:
UVkCIko.jpg

I don't ride motorcycles but I've test drive one of these Can-Am Spyder before. it was kinda fun running it around the course they set up. and in some states you don't even need a motorcycle driver license for them. the only down side is that you can't squeeze past other cars in traffic I guess.

Your sister rides a Harley? That's so cool.

Yeah she had a Deuce. Her Husband has a soft tail. Now and then we would go on rides and just randomly pick who was taking which bike. I had a Yellow 04 GSXR 600 and a 650s. They had the harleys. My dad had the Daytona 675 and my uncle had the Ducati’s and a garage full of other bikes. Then kids happened.

currently her whole family has dirt bikes. I haven’t gotten one yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom