• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3000 user don’t forget to setup Resizable Bar.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

season 6 house fancy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:

Knightime_X

How much of a boost is worth the hassle?
Some say it's like 0.25% better on than off.

Saw a few benchmarks with trivial results.
Might have to pass until it's more significant.

Patrick S.

Banned
I have a Zotac card with a 105% power limit BIOS that'd revert back to 100% if I upgrade, so for now I'm staying on my current BIOS. I could flash a BIOS from another manufacturer, but I think my card's PRO GAMER RGB won't work afterwards.

Vbios updated
Drivers already up to date
Mobo BIOS updated
Everything in BIOS set up correctly
Still no rebar
Funny cause the vbios only added rebar support and mobo update only added rebar support for ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Armorian

Banned
How much of a boost is worth the hassle?
Some say it's like 0.25% better on than off.

Saw a few benchmarks with trivial results.
Might have to pass until it's more significant.

I will give you 2 examples: CP2077 - riding in specific section of the game: ~62FPS without RB and over 70 with it (I capped at 70). WDL: 61 to 67 average FPS in benchmark. I will try ACV now.

Vbios updated
Mobo BIOS updated
Still no rebar
Funny cause the vbios only added rebar support and mobo update only added rebar support for ryzen 3000 series CPUs

What CPU, MB and GPU?

Armorian

Banned
3700x
Asus b550-f
MSI 3060ti gaming x trio

Hmmm, maybe Asus fucked up their bios or MSI? You should wait for next releases.

Gigabyte is releasing bios for my x570 every ~2 weeks now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Time spy score went up:

to

IDK if it's RB or just driver performance gains (RB shouldn't work in 3DM I think).

Hmmm, maybe Asus fucked up their bios or MSI? You should wait for next releases.

Gigabyte is releasing bios for my x570 every ~2 weeks now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Time spy score went up:

to

IDK if it's RB or just driver performance gains (RB shouldn't work in 3DM I think).
I'm going to guess MSI.
They suck. I would never but MSI if I had options. The card is fantastic. Max load for an hour and it's still quiet and only 55°. I just hate the everything about the company.

Armorian

Banned
I'm going to guess MSI.
They suck. I would never but MSI if I had options. The card is fantastic. Max load for an hour and it's still quiet and only 55°. I just hate the everything about the company.

I don't like MSI for years (had gtx680 from them that died...), I almost bought Ventus 3080 in september... I probably still woudn't have it based on how this store operated :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Now Palit/Gainward, both were laughed for years but they make fantasitc GPUs since Pascal at least, I had Gainward 1070 and now Palit 3070 (GamingPro). Great/silent cooling for GPUs plus decent power limits (they just put Ti class cooling on "medium" size chips like GA104).

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Vbios updated
Mobo BIOS updated
Still no rebar
You didn't mention that you ensured CSM was disabled in BIOS. Won't work with it enabled. That is my guess.

Ulysses 31

Glad it turns out it's also possible on (some?) Zen II mobo/CPUs.

Enabled it on TRX40 Aorus Xtreme with the F4p bios that for some reason it not downloadable anymore. I know Asus enabled it for their Zenith II Extreme (Alpha) too.

Kenpachii

For people that didn't know i just realized this myself

8000/9000 series will also work cpu wise. Mine motherboard has support for 9000 series for rebar. check your motherboard manufacturer website, en download the new bios from it.

be34bdaf7a985a00f578bd6a126568f1.png

Just a update

to enable it on a z390 board probably also z290 boards:

1. Install the latest Nividia drivers for your GPU
  2. Flash the latest BAR enabled firmware for your motherboard (f10h in my case for z390 Ultra)
  3. Make sure your Boot partition is configured as GPT/UEFI
  4. Boot into bios and switch to advanced mode (F2)
  5. Go to Settings, IO Ports
  6. Enable Above 4g Encoding
  7. Set Resizable BAR Support to Auto
  8. Go to Boot
  9. Disable CSM Support
  10. Save and reboot

Make sure your CSM support is disabled in the bios or else u will have a funny black screen which requires a cmos reset so be warned.

Last edited:

mhirano

AMD Ryzen 3600x
ASUS 450m mobo
ASUS Dual RTX3070
Had to update the Mobo BIOS and GPU vBIOS but it worked! Free extra performance is amazing

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So no support for RTX 20 series cards? I have an 11th gen intel CPU and a PCIE4 mobo and SSD.

Top Bottom