• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3000 user don’t forget to setup Resizable Bar.

Kenpachii

Like people already mentioned, its a motherboard feature not a CPU feature. However the reason i stated 8000/9000 series is because it effects those cpu's. Now with ryzen i don't know but if you want to know it, update to the latest bios and do the step by step thing i posted earlier and see if you got it.

Kenpachii

If I understand correctly ReBar support gets added to the Nvidia driver game by game. If a game benefits from it, then its supported. From the user persp theres no point to turn it off or worry your head about it.

Jup, these games are on the release of it.

78cd2add8917925a4ebc58f2f3cdf858.png

geforce-rtx-3080-resizable-bar-performance-improvements.png

Gotta test valhalla later on to see if there is a actual difference.

Probably more get added over drivers.

Last edited:

dave_d

If I understand correctly ReBar support gets added to the Nvidia driver game by game. If a game benefits from it, then its supported. From the user persp theres no point to turn it off or worry your head about it.
I was about to ask about that. I know I originally turned it on back when it first came out and then tried it with a couple of benchmarks. Some improved some got worse so if they only turn it on for games that benefit that would be great. For anybody that was wondering I'm running a 3800xt with a RTX 3070 on a Tomahawk B550 so it does work on that set up.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
If you find your current setup working with this, while it doesn't display your components in the compatibility list, it's probably because the manufacturer went ahead and added functionality. This was supposedly a thing in March, so chances are you downloaded a BIOS that enabled it.
I gave the Nvidia site a quick read while at work and it also says some games can possibly lose performance, but they are working on having profiles ready and or automate the process so it doesn't become some burden on PC end users.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wish more PC releases were taking advantage of this... like, is this easy to implement?
I'll be playing Tales of Arise this week and I doubt it will have it

mhirano

I wish more PC releases were taking advantage of this... like, is this easy to implement?
I'll be playing Tales of Arise this week and I doubt it will have it
As I understand it is not something to be implemented.
It's just the way the game engine access video memory: some engines do benefit from Rebar while others don't.

GreatnessRD

so stupid this doesnt work with turing
You'd probably get the same performance if you overclocked your GPU. At the moment, it is a negligible difference that you shouldn't worry yourself. Also, with Microsoft Direct Storage coming, I think that's gonna be the real steak and potato.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Well, seems like this was already configured and ready to go in my new PC. Not bad, not bad at all..

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I just did this for my 9900K & 3080 on my Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wi-Fi board, I was in two minds about doing it as it meant a BIOS upgrade, which I fucking hate doing!

It's like inviting fate to completely fuck up your PC, so much so that before doing one, I check to see if a replacement Z390 board is available to purchase, just in case said Motherboard bricking occurs.

...and AFAIK, you'll only see a performance uplift in games Nvidia has flagged in their driver releases, certainly makes no difference in synthetic benchmark scores.

Thanks just got my evga 3060ti ftw3 ultra last week. 8 month wait for step up. Traded my 2060 for it. Freaking beast of a card for a 60 series mid range.

Turned that on right away. Required a bios update and some drivers.
Haven't benchmarked it yet.

Kenpachii

I just did this for my 9900K & 3080 on my Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wi-Fi board, I was in two minds about doing it as it meant a BIOS upgrade, which I fucking hate doing!

It's like inviting fate to completely fuck up your PC, so much so that before doing one, I check to see if a replacement Z390 board is available to purchase, just in case said Motherboard bricking occurs.

...and AFAIK, you'll only see a performance uplift in games Nvidia has flagged in their driver releases, certainly makes no difference in synthetic benchmark scores.

Jup bios updates are the worst.

Top Bottom