• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3080ti previews coming out

this is beyond a joke. these cards are like gold dust. guess i'm sticking with my 2080 until this shit is sorted out. not that i expect Nvidia to try do anything about it. they are making stupid amounts of money now.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
They arent selling yet.
Maybe I misunderstand you, but one of the online stores opened up for sale of the 3080 Ti at 1500 hours today here in Norway.

A very few of the 3080 Tis was listed at a "special price" of 1300 dollars (directly converted from NOK), the rest of them for around 2000, some even at 2200 USD. LOL. As tech Jesus said; Nvidia is obviously trying to grab some of that scalp money at 1200 price point - and so does the stores adding their scalp share on top of that.. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Fredrik

this is beyond a joke. these cards are like gold dust. guess i'm sticking with my 2080 until this shit is sorted out. not that i expect Nvidia to try do anything about it. they are making stupid amounts of money now.
I think they’ll lose on it eventually. Once gamers and developers are leaving nvidia because there are no cards available their hype will vanish. I refuse to think it’s actual gamers that are buying graphics cards this fast, I did a purchase in 5 seconds, just hammered through, even got the payment logged to the credit card, but was still too slow. This is scalper bots shopping 100%.

Celcius

°Temp. member
When I go into auto-notify on evga's site then it breaks when I click the submit button and I have to refresh
sigh

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was finally able to get into the queue for the FTW3 Ultra
Now when I go to the page for the XC3, the auto-notify button isn't even there anymore

//DEVIL//

I entered the Newegg shuffle for the 3080tis this morning and the price difference between the cheapest models and the highest price ones was around 600$😬
the difference is the price of 3070 at msrp lol.

just to be out classed in sept or whenever 4000 series is out.

dEvAnGeL

As a 2080 Ti owner, i feel this card is overpriced as hell for the little difference in performance with the 3080. However I wish i could find one to buy.

This whole debacle has made me thoroughly disinterested in a new graphics card. If my current card breaks, I still have a lot of retro consoles and games.

Good luck to those of you still searching.

longdi

Banned
i dont understand the shortages...

is samsung not producing enough? are cryptominers stealing the batches ahead? are there that many first time pc gamers jumping on the hype?

Buggy Loop

Animated GIF

I did not expect to be lucky, but these drops are so fucking pathetic.

I guess it’s my (lucky to have I guess) 3060 until many years

Shakka43

I entered the newegg shuffle for the Gigabyte Fusion one. If for some miracle I get the chance to buy it I hope selling my 2070S can somehow soften that steep ass price.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'd get the 3090 anyway. The memory is king going forward. The more VRAM the better. They should have made this Ti version be 16G of VRAM.

Its honestly why I went with the 3090 just the VRAM alone.

I don't know how accurate it is but playing some Resident Evil in 4k 144fps with everything maxed in my settings its showing the game using almost 13 GB of the 24 GB (23.773GB to be precise) of my VRAM

VFXVeteran

Banned
Its honestly why I went with the 3090 just the VRAM alone.

I don't know how accurate it is but playing some Resident Evil in 4k 144fps with everything maxed in my settings its showing the game using almost 13 GB of the 24 GB (23.773GB to be precise) of my VRAM
Yep. And it is using close to that. REengine definitely eats up VRAM. Plus you'll need it for a game using UE5's Nanite.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yep. And it is using close to that. REengine definitely eats up VRAM. Plus you'll need it for a game using UE5's Nanite.
What is shows its using.

I don't see how this wont become a bottleneck sooner rather than later on these games coming but its way above my paygrade on this stuff.

1Tm0thd.png

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I knew of 2 people that were going camping last night trying to snag one at their local Best Buys and none of them were successful.

Its dumb that BB didnt put up a sign on their door saying how many they were going to have as my 2 buddies didnt get there until around midnight lastnight and were pretty deep in line.

BB handed out tickets this morning and they didnt even get close.

When Series X launched at least my local Gamestop had their quantities posted on their door.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'd get the 3090 anyway. The memory is king going forward. The more VRAM the better. They should have made this Ti version be 16G of VRAM.
Agreed. If it was a 16gb card the 3080ti would have been a no-brainer for me, but for what it is and the premium overhead, it's just not worth it for such a minor performance increase.

Lost a chance to buy one because the neckbeards were too powerful and have been camping since Microcenter closed the previous day. I was about 20 people away from getting one when I heard the dreaded "that's it, everyone we're out!"
I have 2 people, not including me, doing the shuffle for all 3080 tis, for me. So I'm glad I have friends who're willing to help me out.

For what it's worth, there were about 200+ people in line for the 3080 Ti launch.

Grechy34

I paid $2499AU for my Strix 2080ti a few years ago. I still to this day regret the ridiculous decision to pay that price for a GPU looking back. You don't need the damn card at these prices!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just entered the Newegg Shuffle. I have no desire to get one of these cards, but I joined just for kicks. A $1200 card and two $1700 cards.
I will likely get trolled and win the shuffle for the $1700 card.

Last edited:

scydrex

This GPU is a cash grab from Nvidia. 10% more performance than the 3080 but 60% ($400) more expensive. Also 3% less performance than the 3090, half the vram and 20% ($300) less.

Ulysses 31

This GPU is a cash grab from Nvidia. 10% more performance than the 3080 but 60% ($400) more expensive. Also 3% less performance than the 3090, half the vram and 20% ($300) less.
If you could get any 3080/3090 at MSRP then yeah but since in the current situation you can't, it's not a bad deal at all if you managed to get one from Nvidia for 1200$.

For perspective, AIB 3090s go for 2500-3000 Euro around here.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Linus seems to be someone who in D&D terms would be considered an individual that is high in Intelligence, and low on Wisdom. I'm sure he knows his shit about computers way more than I do, but how the fuck can anyone justify that price for such a small increase in power? The RTX 3080 is going to crush any game for the next 5+ years to come, for roughly half the price. And he calls the ti version a "winner"? The fuck planet is this dude on?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Has anyone here gotten a notify from evga yet?

I joined the queue for the FTW3 at 7:44 AM PT and nothing so far...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

imo scalping price is dictated by hype and demand. The hotter the product, the higher the price. The consumer thought process behind it probably compares the 3080 Ti to the 3090. Maybe they've been after a 3090 and figure the 3080 Ti is the next best thing. They could have already bought a scalped 3080 with better perf/$. At least that's how I would justify it if I was going to blow upwards of $3K on a $1200 GPU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom