• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30fps? DmC PC runs at 200fps.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/DMC-D...-May-Cry-Test-Grafikkarte-Benchmarks-1043917/

dmc-devil-may-cry-tes8yy79.png

The British developer Ninja Theory, or more precisely, the Polish studio QLOC (responsible for the PC version of) uses Epic's UE3 for a smooth gaming experience with rich colors and high contrasts. Besides the spectacular battles with clever animations and some send the shadow effects are usually managed the pixel wallpaper but could tolerate some places more details. The PC version offers the so-called HD textures, HD anti-aliasing (a kind of FXAA or MLAA) and HD shadows, just the latter, a clear improvement.

All three HD upgrades need when activating the restart of the game together and cost relatively little power (measurements on a Geforce GTX 670 in 1080p), DMC runs extremely smoothly even on mid-range graphics cards. Only in major battles breaks the frame rate sometimes, it can not demonstrate in a reproducible benchmark with multiple graphics cards. CPU side reaches a reasonably current model with at least two cores and a high clock.

epmode

Yeah, but your eyes can't see beyond 24 FPS so this is nothing more than a waste of electricity. And I can't deal with the sterile, angular graphics so common to PC games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A minimum of 145fps, no AA, on a single GTX 570 gives a lot of headroom for good AA and 60fps. SGSSAA should do the trick, being UE3 and all.

Yeah, but your eyes can't see beyond 24 FPS so this is nothing more than a waste of electricity. And I can't deal with the sterile, angular graphics so common to PC games.

That you're 100% wrong about.

The human eye can not distinguish anything past 60fps.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gamestar and PC games both can't praise the PC version enough for its good performance and great mouse & keyboard controls.

PC games calls it "best PC port in years".

I for one is very surprised.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A minimum of 145fps, no AA, on a single GTX 570 gives a lot of headroom for good AA and 60fps. SGSSAA should do the trick, being UE3 and all.

Yea I hope the regular UE3 compatibility bits work as I'll be playing this puppy at 60 FPS with 4xSGSSAA. Should be good.

Not surprising. All of Capcom's recent PC efforts have been great performance wise have they not? I remember RE5 and SSF4:AE being very enjoyable ports, outside of some GFWL bullshit.

HoosTrax

It is bad that I feel liked I'm getting ripped off in the graphics department if I'm getting 100+ fps running 1080p maxed out? When is UE4 coming out :|

Edit: no AA? ah no wonder

Top Bottom