• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30fps vs 120fps side by side in WRC 9

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Put it in VR, way bigger advantages from real depth perception and to scale visuals with free look in judging corners and what not, even at lower hz (though I guess you could go up to 144 on Index and some other kits). And it's just so much more exhilerating too, advantages be damned.

Has the self promotion rule been removed from GAF or something, looks like the whole account is made for that, alongside some other posters doing it also, if we have members that have rule immunity they should get a tag so the rest of us plebs know what we can and can't do already.

Last edited:

Calverz

30fps, 60, 120, 240 all of them are blurry mess.
we need 1000-4000fps to get detailed high-res quality in motion.
motion_blur_from_persistence_on_sample-and-hold-displays.png

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played a lil bit on Xbox and they fucked it up. Balanced mode, which was standard before the patch I believe, suffers from a lot more pop-in and even framestutters/dips which were almost non existent.

angelic

Banned
So just as we get a graphical leap, people want to throw away the cpu power onto 4k and 120fps, even though 1080p 60fps wasnt even standardised.

Pass, if I must have 4k, then give me 30 or 60fps. And preferably checkerboard 4k, keep that power for looks not doubling the framerate. Or give me dishonored 3 at 4k and 30fps but looking like real life.

Royal-Slime

Banned
So just as we get a graphical leap, people want to throw away the cpu power onto 4k and 120fps, even though 1080p 60fps wasnt even standardised.

Pass, if I must have 4k, then give me 30 or 60fps. And preferably checkerboard 4k, keep that power for looks not doubling the framerate. Or give me dishonored 3 at 4k and 30fps but looking like real life.
You want to kill me?! >_<
I played Dishonored 2 on PS4 and had headaches because of the framerate. First-person games are very uncomfortable in 30 fps. Third-person is a little easier to get used to especially if you can adjust the camera settings.

Does anyone know if the difference between 60 fps and higher is more noticeable in first-person view games? I've tried higher FPS only on third-person view games. Maybe I should try it on Resident Evil 7 or something like that..
120FPS makes the biggest difference in FPP games. Especially if you're using mouse and keyboard. I would strongly suggest not to try it, it's hard to go back. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Royal-Slime

Banned
120FPS makes the biggest difference in FPP games. Especially if you're using mouse and keyboard. I would strongly suggest not to try it, it's hard to go back. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I don't think I'll ever go back to keyboard and mouse. The vibration in games keeps getting better and it's impossible without the controller. The only game where I choose to use a mouse and keyboard is FF XIV.

I don't think I'll ever go back to keyboard and mouse. The vibration in games keeps getting better and it's impossible without the controller. The only game where I choose to use a mouse and keyboard is FF XIV.
That's cool, at least there are different options. The only vibrations that I want to feel when playing Doom is those coming out of sub-woofer. Not a chance in hell that I would exchange the precision of mouse and keyboard over anything else for a FPS.

Top Bottom