• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Industries explain what can go wrong with unlocked framerates in old game ports.

Stuart360

A fix is a fixed even if its not the same code restored. The end result is all that matters.

"Something 343 probably dont have the budget or manpower for"

Excuse you. How much did they spend on marketing alone for Infinite?

I know what it looks like, i havei it. As for 343, i'm pretty sure i read its a tiny team doing the porting, and they are having to port 6 games. Maybe if it wasnt Halo Infinite year, they could do more.
Having said that, i own Reach and Anniversary, and they seem fine to me. I'm only playing single player though.

I know what it looks like, i have i it. As for 343, i'm pretty sure i read its a tiny team doing the porting, and they are having to port 6 games. Maybe if it wasnt Halo Infinite year, they could do more.
Having said that, i own Reach and Anniversary, and they seem fine to me. I'm only playing single player though.

After a bit searching, youre right about a few things (AI, normal maps).

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
A fix is a fixed even if its not the same code restored. The end result is all that matters.

"Something 343 probably dont have the budget or manpower for"

Excuse you. How much did they spend on marketing alone for Infinite?

Do you think the budget for Uncharted 4 and Uncharted:The Nathan Drake collection were same ? A very small part of 343i is currently working on Halo MCC.

Stuart360

After a bit searching, youre right about a few things (AI, normal maps).
I used to follow the project for a lot of years, but once they announced MCC for PC, i gave up. I was more interested in higher framerates and resolutions, than graphical bugs, and i knew i would get both of those with MCC on PC.

Do you think the budget for Uncharted 4 and Uncharted:The Nathan Drake collection were same ? A very small part of 343i is currently working on Halo MCC.

The ip isnt owned by 343i, its owned my MS, they have more than enough resource and money to throw at their staple IP. Stop making excuses.

The games was released on xbox 360, released in a terrible state on xbox 1 in the form of the MCC and now years later the same issues on PC.

How many chances can you give a corporation before you realize that they clearly dont give a shit? How do you people have such little respect for your own time and money. How badly do you need to be treated as a customer to realize they could care less?

I used to follow the project for a lot of years, but once they announced MCC for PC, i gave up. I was more interested in higher framerates and resolutions, than graphical bugs, and i knew i would get both of those with MCC on PC.

So you gave up on the mod to pay for an inferior version?

Last edited:
The ports seem fine to me, in single player anyway. Plus i'm playing the Anniversary version.
I know you want to hate 343 so much (for whatever reason), but its not always as simple as 'lazy devs'.

The port is not fine, a basic search of the issues will tell you this.

They released these games knowing these bugs existed and did not inform buyers that this was the case.

And how am i a hater for not liking the way a business treats its user base buy selling broken products? No other industry gets away with this.

Last edited:

Stuart360

The port is not fine, a basic search of the issues will tell you this.

They released these games knowing these bugs existed and did not inform buyers that this was the case.
Not everyone has the bugs though. For example, the crackling sound from the guns some people are having on Reach, i dont have it. Again i cant speak for MP because i havent played it.
If you read the Steam forums, loads of people dont have the bugs. Remember this is PC we are talking about here, a problem one person has, doesnt mean everyone will have it.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The ip isnt owned by 343i, its owned my MS, they have more than enough resource and money to throw at their staple IP. Stop making excuses.

The games was released on xbox 360, released in a terrible state on xbox 1 in the form of the MCC and now years later the same issues on PC.

How many chances can you give a corporation before you realize that they clearly dont give a shit? How do you people have such little respect for your own time and money. How badly do you need to be treated as a customer to realize they could care less?

So you gave up on the mod to pay for an inferior version?
Resources are also a thing. 343i cant just assign a 200 person team to MCC. Halo CE:Anniversary was given to Saber Interactive and look it how turned out. MCC right now is almost completely handled by 343i(with Skybox Labs providing some help) and the game is slowly being patched with community feedback. Porting Bungie's games which are literally held by duct tapes to a modern systems is not easy.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its like i said yesterday, if 343 really didnt care, and were 'lazy devs', they could of just spent 2 or 3 months porting the XB1 MCC code over to PC, and add mouse and keyboard support. But they aren't doing that, they are spending months on each game, adding options and settings that PC users expect, and getting a ton of flak off gamers for spending that amount of time on each game by the way.
I'm willing to bet once all 6 games are out, thats when the major bug fixing will begin, as they will have the time to just concentrate on doing that.

Top Bottom