• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 warns against rushing through Halo 5 campaign; could miss narrative details

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're possibly saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) different dialogue depending on if rushed, or certain dialogue just won't be triggered due to rushing in

To an extent yeah, or sending one character forward or to do a certain action... They'll have different dialog than someone else who you may send to do the same thing on a different playthrough, etc.

Or if you rush through a big room, you might miss audio logs or other Easter Eggs or perhaps secret areas. Stuff like that. Stuff that's always been in Halo games, but more in the minimal side. Sounds like they are adding a lot of side content.

So you're possibly saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) different dialogue depending on if rushed, or certain dialogue just won't be triggered due to rushing in

It could also mean that different circumstances can trigger new dialogue. Like maybe discovering a secret area would trigger some dialog.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

No. I'm saying elements of the story will be altered or perceived differently depending on WHO gets their first, not WHEN.

Imagine for example, Fred meets a Forerunner character before the Chief, it may behave differently because it doesn't recognize him as the "reclaimer"

No. Im saying elements of the story will be altered or perceived differently depending on WHO gets their first, not WHEN.

Imagine for example, Fred meets a Forerunner character before the Chief, it may behave diffeently because it doesn't recognize him as the "reclaimer"

Ohhhh now that's pretty slick.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No. I'm saying elements of the story will be altered or perceived differently depending on WHO gets their first, not WHEN.

Imagine for example, Fred meets a Forerunner character before the Chief, it may behave differently because it doesn't recognize him as the "reclaimer"
Damn, that sounds nice.

BokehKing

Banned

Sooooo multiple play through may present different things?

Lothars

That's really cool.

Behave differently as in... start shooting because he isn't recognized? That'd be interesting.

EDIT: Oh, story, not gameplay. Derp.

GreyWind

Wow! That's sounds amazing.

Same here, exactly. This really does seem like a case of that. I wonder.

It's bigger and longer and nobody "warned" anyone and the thread title is comically misleading and everyone will ignore this post or scold me for not being clear enough and the bolded is spot on. It's about replayability and surprise.

Read the thread.

Oh SWEET. This sounds awesome.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sooooo multiple play through may present different things?

Yes. Which is discussed at length in the panel, but not in the thread title.

And comic con controls the release of panel video, before the goalposts get moved back to our "vague releases"

besada

Banned
This thread is largely unsavable, so I'm going to lock it up.

In the next Halo thread, if I see people off-topic complaining about 343 or MCC, I'm going to start handing out bans. This is the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom