• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i Community Manager: The future of MCC is still unknown but the ship hasn't sailed

Cranster

Banned
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is still a controversial subject in the Halo community and for well over a year 343 Industries has been for the most part silent on any updates regarding their plan to continue to roll out updates to fully fix the compilation. The only thing we have had so far was an unannounced playlist update this past summer. Since the hiring of Brian Jarrard (Ske7ch) though he has broken silence on the subject atleast once or twice since he took over the role of Community Manager, Recently a fan penned an open letter to 343 Industries regarding MCC aswell as Halo 5 and Ske7ch's response does bring some hope for the collection.

Regarding MCC, you're not out of line for asking for a game you love to be as good as it can be. As I've stated before, there are a lot of legitimate issues and while it's unfortunate that some people have been driven to such extreme measures of expressing their dissatisfaction it doesn't mean the game isn't without its problems. One thing you and others have genuinely helped with is re-surfacing some key recurring, big ticket issues that at least for me (someone relatively new) has been very helpful and getting up to speed and trying to have internal conversations across the team. I wish I had definitive info for you but right now the future of MCC is still unknown but I wouldn't say the ship has totally sailed yet. Conversations are still being had, assessments are still being made and at a minimum I hope to make good on my pledge to either give fans a legitimate status update or, barring that, face it head on and even if it's not the news everyone wants, accept it and move forward. This is top of mind for me as we start the new year so please know that you and everyone else who plays MCC on a daily basis are not forgotten.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5lu44t/dear_343_industries/dbymeme/

Outrun

Such a wasted opportunity MCC was...

I am hoping that 343i look at MCC as a hub to be continually updated. Reach and HALO 5 should join MCC. Engines need to be periodically updated etc...

That is the only way forward for MCC imho.

Wii Tank

Leading on the few people that still support this game is definitely the right attitude to have.
/s

Kill3r7

It's been two years, the ship has sailed and sunk.

Short term yes but fixing the game can have positive implications down the road. There are a lot of great games and a ton of Xbox heritage/history in that bundle. It would be wise for MS/343i to try their utmost to improve the quality of MCC and fix any lingering issues.

Mesonak

Is it mostly multiplayer that is messed up? I'm playing singleplayer just fine since launch almost every few months.

Singleplayer had its fair share of bugs and glitches (this one being the worst), but yeah, the major issues were concentrated in Multiplayer. Nowadays it has improved dramatically, but I still find it difficult to do simple things like party up with friends.

Cranster

Banned
Is it mostly multiplayer that is messed up? I'm playing singleplayer just fine since launch almost every few months.
There are still issues with campaign and co-op, Halo 2 Anniversary is mostly affected with d-syncing issues, audio issues, ect. Halo 3 also has a brightness issue and the netcode for co-op seems worse than it was in the original game.

alexbull_uk

I still have hope that they'll add Reach one day, and use that to bring the whole thing up to the standard it should have launched at.

I can dream.

What I want to know is this, was halo 3's aiming ever fixed? the speed for aiming and having the cursor over an enemy was reversed so it was faster when over an ememy but slower when looking away.

To be honest if they can patch up the game to be a real legandary collection and give it some good attention and scorpio support it could have second wings.

Singleplayer had its fair share of bugs and glitches (this one being the worst), but yeah, the major issues were concentrated in Multiplayer. Nowadays it has improved dramatically, but I still find it difficult to do simple things like party up with friends.

That was the co-op bug which destroyed the collection for me, playing with my cousin we replayed that level 20 or so times before giving up and moving on.

You gotta be a hell of an optimist to hold on to hope for this mess. I mean even if tomorrow the MP works absolutely flawlessly, there wont be many people to play with.

The time to fix it was before launch. Maybe a few weeks after it. Now its just lip service.

Short term yes but fixing the game can have positive implications down the road. There are a lot of great games and a ton of Xbox heritage/history in that bundle. It would be wise for MS/343i to try their utmost to improve the quality of MCC and fix any lingering issues.

I still have hope that they'll add Reach one day, and use that to bring the whole thing up to the standard it should have launched at.

I can dream.

This and this.

Also, let me make a bold (pipe dream) prediction.

Halo 3 Anniversary launches with Scorpio for it's 10th anniversary, all done up and sexy. It's then patched into MCC for free or reduced price for existing MCC owners. MS reveals that they've been slowly breaking bugs and the MCC re-launches in properly functioning condition.

Cancer is cured. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony announce that all their next-gen consoles will be combined into one console along with the combined software efforts of their first parties. Half-Life 3 is announced with "Available on Steam TODAY" heading.

EmiPrime

This and this.

Also, let me make a bold (pipe dream) prediction.

Halo 3 Anniversary launches with Scorpio for it's 10th anniversary, all done up and sexy. It's then patched into MCC for free or reduced price for existing MCC owners. MS reveals that they've been slowly breaking bugs and the MCC re-launches in properly functioning condition.

Cancer is cured. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Playstation announce that all their next-gen consoles will be combined into one console along with the combined software efforts of their first parties. Half-Life 3 is announced with "Available on Steam TODAY" heading.

2017 is going to be the best year ever!

"The ship hasn't sailed" in terms of people wanting a working collection of Halo games for the XB1, that I can follow with...

...but in terms of the business of it? There is NO money to be made from fixing the MCC (short of a re-release on Win10/Scorpio with some new content/work being done), and Microsoft would be throwing additional cash at it simply as a make-good and to build SOME confidence, but again, it's already been 2 years.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If they can't sort it out then wait until Halo 6 is out and try again. A proper collection with Halo 1-6 + ODST/Reach on both Xbox One/Scorpio and PC.

TrounceX

Whatever, any chance of the game had of a thriving community is long gone.

I will never forgive 343 for what they did to Halo 2. So many lies and broken promises. I've said since the beginning that it's a mystery how there wasn't a class action lawsuit against 343 or Microsoft. I mean the game flat out didn't work for months. $60 I paid for this game. And not just "didn't work as advertised", I mean literally fucking didn't work. What other type of product gets away with that? It's the closest I've been to getting robbed in my life. Goddamn I work myself up just thinking about this game.

Detective

Such a wasted opportunity. It was supposed to be the best collections ever.

Glad I asked for a refund.

I would want them to work on the problems on halo 5 like the server issues, the crashing to the dashboard and so on.

The only change the MCC might get is if a Halo 3 remaster happens and they add it in. 343 doesn't care unless they can milk the playerbase with microtransactions.

After Halo 5 I'm done with the series. Unless Halo 6 launches with all modes day 1, no microtransaction system, and doesn't shit the bed with the campaign again.

The MCC did what it needed to do for me.

Me and a pal played through most of it in split screen and it was a fun romp down memory lane.

Would love it if one day 343 can come forward with why the online was a trash fire but I dont think that will ever, ever happen.

In a perfect world maybe they use Scorpio as a reason to go back, add 4k support, do some magic and fix the broken stuff and rerelease it (maybe add 4k Halo 5 to the package and rename it to get away from the tarnished MCC name?) but we dont live in that world.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
They need to bring it to PC with Reach included and patch the XB1 version to include it. Also, give us a Scorpio version with all the games in 4K as well.

Blarg

Neo Member
Wow has it already been 2 years? This game was the reason I bought an Xbox One. It was also the reason I returned it.

Sydle

I'd rather they just say it's done and let people move on than string them along like this.

I think the only way it changes in a meaningful way is if they're re-developing it for a Windows 10 release, but I doubt that's happening.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I can't believe how badly the fucked it up, I would be knee deep in the xbox ecosystem right now if they didn't drop the ball so hard on it.

Caja 117

To people who bought MCC and still bought Halo 5...
i think I know a farmer looking for more sheep

I bought both, and for me was money well spent, I have all the Halos to play from my xbox one and Halo 5 is the best MP Halo have had since Halo 2. (Day one digital
Preorder in both cases) and will jump right away with Halo 6. Unlike other MP fps that got release trough that span that will not see a dime from me with any sequel.

I think that a PC version might provide the financial incentive for Microsoft to further fund the necessary fixes and additions. A quality version of the Master Chief Collection for PC would force a lot of people to forget their disdain for the Windows Store and buy it. It's the one title that would get me to buy anything from that godawful store. Then 343 can include the changes and improvements to the Xbox branch and maybe enable crossplay. In any case 343 and Microsoft need to spend whatever amount of time and money is necessary and fix the game. I still can't believe they messed up the console's flagship series this bad.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The game works fine. I've played like 30 matches in the past few days, split-screen with a friend, and have run into 0 issues.

That's not to say that there aren't minor bugs that need to be patched, but I imagine a bunch of people claiming it's "broken" haven't played it since launch.

And honestly I never had major problems with the campaign even at launch. I do remember a couple of crashes during Halo 2, but that was it. I don't know about the co-op problems though since I never tried that.

KingBroly

Banned
I wish they'd fix it, but I feel like they screwed up so horribly from the get-go that it's going to require a Herculean effort to do so. Something Microsoft won't do.

To people who bought MCC and still bought Halo 5...
i think I know a farmer looking for more sheep
tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

/s

There were some parts that were extremely disappointing. I'm glad that I jumped in last year as opposed to release day.

I really want the mission complete bug fixed.

Game worked fine for me and I loved it. Never really had issues outside of servers at first.

But I don't have any issues getting online now and I made it through all the campaign's without any issues.

Naked Lunch

Be prepared to see the MCC rear its ugly head again once Scorpio is released. Calling it now.
Why is this a bad thing is the game finally gets fixed?

There are still plenty of people playing the game even its state. Im on a Halo kick and booted up MCC - found slayer and big team matches with no problem but it still has that horrible game finding lobby and it crashed a couple of times. Such a shame. Its nice playing any Halo mission at 60 fps at the touch of a button though. Holding out hope for a mp patch...

watership

Single player launched with issues, but after a few weeks all those kinks were worked out. It's probably the best way to play those campaigns, no question.

Top Bottom