• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) LoveTraining -Sweet-/-Mint-/-Bitter- Kinect's True Killer App?

icecream

Public Health Threat
u3eKA.jpg

Official Site

What is this?
Yet another shining example of Microsoft's valiant efforts to moneyhat encourage Kinect-exclusive gaming software for the casual and pro-gaming crowd alike.

In other words, a Kinect Dance ADV.

Why are there three separate titles?
BOOST ON is small Japanese development studio known mainly for their original PSP ADVs (as well as a handful of PC to PSP ADV ports). Their PSP games usually take the approach of splitting the content across 3-4 separate titles and selling them each at a lower price than a normal PSP game. KoiTore seems to be no different, with them splitting the game across 3 separate 360 titles, Sweet, Mint, Bitter. Each title will focus on 4 different girls, for a total of 12 heroines total.

When will the games be released?
  • Koi☆Tore -Sweet- is releasing Summer 2012, with LE and Standard editions.
  • Koi☆Tore -Mint- is releasing Fall 2012, with LE and Standard editions.
  • Koi☆Tore -Bitter- is releasing Winter 2012, with LE and Standard editions.

No pricing has been announced yet.

What's the story like?
The basic premise seems to be you, as the protagonist, at the behest of the Girls Dance Club which is on the verge of being abolished, have been tasked with the responsibility of revamping the club and its members to give merit to its existence before it is forced to shut down.

No matter what it takes.

Who are the characters?
Sweet
rEwbo.png

Mint
f4jr6.png

Bitter
KGmH5.png

Why should I be excited?
  • Character dance motion capture performed by Sakakibara Yui.
  • Kinect interactive situation such as balance beams, jump rope and other activities to level up your dance formations and aim for the top!
  • Upon clearing the game, you can form custom units, and have the girls exchange outfits with each other.
  • All-star voice actress cast including Sakura Tange (Sakura from Cardcaptors, Rinko from LovePlus), Kana Asami (Miya from Amagami, Poplar from Working!) and Tanaka Rie (Chi from Chobits, Neptune from Neptunia) filled with singing and dancing.
  • Illustrations by Caskabe Akira, illustrator for games and works such as My Wife, Imperfect Divine Arms Ilis, and the (in)famous Yotsunoha:
    MGnHZ.jpg

Where are the screens?
OcZ1h.jpg
rhvJU.jpg

qTSA8.jpg
Nd7CT.jpg

e2DAk.jpg
1Leny.jpg

UbFkC.jpg
UF0T9.jpg

the original 2D art is beautiful.
the character model and 3d background not that good tough (not even close to touch and robotic quality)

i got some feeling that they'll get ported to move edition with all 3 version in one disc, complete with improved background and character model in the future.

also nono is one of the best 2d waifu
a dojikko "forever loli" osana najimi that good at cooking

bloke

They should've released kinect games like these back in 2010 when the thing first came out, I'm afraid it's bit too late now that all the moe crowd moved to PS3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I can imagine creepy Japanese Otaku guys dancing to this game.

soultron

Banned
Being high in an icecream thread is the most perplexing experience. I always wonder if these games are serious. This just makes me think that the developers are master trolls selling genre parodies.

Emitan

Being high in an icecream thread is the most perplexing experience. I always wonder if these games are serious. This just makes me think that the developers are master trolls selling genre parodies.

icecream is actually a skilled artist and every OT he makes is about a fake game

As I said on twitter, I don't own a Kinect at the minute but this is the latest game to really make me want one. Don't think I'd want to bother with the dancing bits though, but this would fit in well in my 360 library along with Gal Gun, My Wife, Dream Club etc :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
As I said on twitter, I don't own a Kinect at the minute but this is the latest game to really make me want one. Don't think I'd want to bother with the dancing bits though, but this would fit in well in my 360 library along with Gal Gun, My Wife, Dream Club etc :p

Shaking_head.gif

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
What's the story like?
The basic premise seems to be you, as the protagonist, at the behest of the Girls Dance Club which is on the verge of being abolished, have been tasked with the responsibility of revamping the club and its members to give merit to its existence before it is forced to shut down.

No matter what it takes.

So twelve girls of disparate backgrounds and personalities all joined a dance club in spite of having such a poor understanding of dancing that they need to be taught the fundamentals by the Japanese userbase of the Xbox 360, a group which is not, to the best of my knowledge, generally renowned for their enjoyment of kinesthetic exertions.

Even though this game appears to wish to maintain at least a modicum of verisimilitude I find myself possessed of the notion that its premise is every bit as outlandish as that of the game about anthropomorphized materiel.

icecream

Public Health Threat
infinitenine said:
Kasukabe Akira's art is wasted on this. The games visuals don't do the designs justice. x:
The 3-D does admittedly look a bit rough in places... but considering how meager the budget must be from a company like this, it's at least better than expected?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
B-But she's wearing like, a tiara and stuff, she must surely be a wonderful and refined princess!

BlackIronCount said:
I got some feeling that they'll get ported to move edition with all 3 version in one disc, complete with improved background and character model in the future.
Considering the activities seem more suited for Kinect tracking movement than wand control, maybe not.

Improvements would be very unlikely too. GalGun and Time Leap didn't have any technical improvements with their ports, and even though small those companies are much bigger than BOOST ON.

Also nono is the best
Fixed! Yui-nyan's performance <3

scy

Neat, the artwork looks pretty good an---oh dear lord, why did they do that?! In-game looks atrocious :| Man ... small budget 3D.

I don't know why I find it fascinating to see character designs like these. Like, I enjoy it a lot to see their takes on "must hit every trope possible" design.
And then I get suckered in by one of them so, really, who's the real problem here?!

icecream

Public Health Threat
bloke said:
They should've released kinect games like these back in 2010 when the thing first came out, I'm afraid it's bit too late now that all the moe crowd moved to PS3.
The problem lies more with the fact that none of the Japanese Kinect games were ready at launch back then. A single game wouldn't have done much.

As opposed to now, when a host of Japanese titles are finally beginning to see the light of day. If anything MS should have given the developers more of a heads up so they could have their titles make the JP launch. 

ixix said:
Even though this game appears to wish to maintain at least a modicum of verisimilitude I find myself possessed of the notion that its premise is every bit as outlandish as that of the game about anthropomorphized materiel.
But it is exactly because only such a contingent would be able to possess the devotion, tirelessness strength, and unbound attention to detail necessary to ensure these poor girls succeed that make them the ones most suited for such an arduous task.

Moreso than the cold, calculating Producers out there that want nothing more than to take advantage of cute, impressionable girls and train them towards their every whim in a vain attempt to turn those girls into status symbols for them to lord over as masters of idols.

scy

Moreso than the cold, calculating Producers out there that want nothing more than to take advantage of cute, impressionable girls and train them towards their every whim in a vain attempt to turn those girls into status symbols for them to lord over as masters of idols.

But ... but ... idols ...

Ramune

Dibs on that Marika Inami girl.

Yooouuu!!!!! Darn, ok, I gonna go wit Gabrielle Fox din! Because she's such a fox it's in her freakin name!
cute character design

But the 3D models, need a little touching up...ok I know they're on a budget, so I'll cut me some slack considering where the company specialized in. But that little loli girl's the creepiest looking for some reason. Must be the bugged out eyes.

Top Bottom