• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I think you are. Everybody else doesn't even bat an eye at spending $600 on a phone.

Not that it matters, but I only get the 1 cent phones (with 2 year contract).

I own a wii and PS2, and do want to join this generation, but I cant.

Last generation, year 5 meant $99.
Last generation year freaking 1 meant 199 and 149 (E3 2002 price drops)

Lince

Banned
me looks at my 360 Elite, then looks at these pics:

not really that slim
ugly
no blu-ray
no slot-in
meh

Costanza

Banned
jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS AND WERE STILL AT 299 WTF.

I cant be the only one who refuses to join the HD generation until decent prices right?

Edit: yes I see arcade is 149. Ok, but still not good enough. The 12 SKUs this generation sucks.

Only Nintendo has it right. One wii. End of story.
wow :lol

Trickster

jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

I cant be the only one who refuses to join the HD generation until decent prices right?

Edit: yes I see arcade is 149. Ok, but still not good enough. The 12 SKUs this generation sucks.

You have any idea how fucking cheap you come off as? jesus christ man :lol

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Who in their right mind would buy this while there's a PS3 available for the same price right in the same shelf? Ridiculous.

bj00rn_

Banned
watership said:
Looks awesome. On a side note, gamers are cynical bastards. The past few days on GAF have been full of pure bile.

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Was sort of interested in this when I heard about the leak, but I'm a little underwhelmed by the price. Maybe when it drops in November I'll bite. Also need to know if the HDD is user replaceable.

Azure Phoenix said:
Looks fine, but I'm not a fan of glossy black (dust, fingerprints etc.) - I'll probably hold out for a glossy white version before taking the plunge.

Man, I forgot how this tortured me with my 60gb PS3. But oohoohhhh shinny

Korey

fhCAH.jpg

Not that bad, I guess

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
There is absolutely no reason for Sony to do this, but if they were to actually drop the price of their console below the 360. Oh my god, the meltdowns that would occur.

Yes, if Sony dropped price to $148 meltdowns would occur.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
2&2 said:
How the HDD works in this is the burning question for me.
HDD is removable, there's a hidden hatch masquerading as a fan intake on one side. It has a different form factor from the existing HDDs obviously however so no direct compatibility.

_RT_

I think the redesign looks dope. Not gonna buy, but props for something miles ahead of the existing 360 (IMHO).

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm sorry guys but this is bad.

First of all, they must be saving money on this considering it's got a single slab of silicon inside. HDD cost difference is minimal and the WiFi antenna and related is peanuts.

It still doesn't have a slot loading drive and what's worse it's priced the same as the ps3 which has, you know, a blu-ray drive. We still don't know wether the power brick is internal and wether the HDD is user upgradeable.

Unless they pricing it that way to clear inventory of the "phatties", huge fail.

And as someone has pointed out, 5 years. 399$ to 299$.

Rainier

jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

$149 isn't good enough? Why? How much did you pay for your gaming device?

Lince said:
me looks at my 360 Elite, then looks at these pics:

not really that slim
ugly
no blu-ray
no slot-in
meh

You realize, of course, that Microsoft isn't trying to get you to upgrade your 360 right? They are trying to sell 360's to people who don't already have one....

Sanic

Profit must be great for them on this thing. And needing an extra power supply for Kinect on older 360s is depressing :(.

Aesthet1c

This is the fugliest system I have ever seen. Maybe if it didn't look like it was dented in the front, it wouldn't be half bad.

I like the finish of it, and the new led lights on the front, but it would look so much better if it wasn't all crooked all over.

kaskade said:
Did any really think that they would include Blu-Ray? Fantasy land right there.

No shit.

Regarding the price drop, once they clear the current 360's out of the market, pretty sure there will be a price drop during the fall to coincide with the Natal launch.

Mrbob

Is MS rebooting the 360? Because it looks like the arcade and current premium are being phased out?

299 the new starting point for the next 5 years? :/

Tunesmith said:
HDD is removable, there's a hidden hatch masquerading as a fan intake on one side. It has a different form factor from the existing HDDs obviously however so no direct compatibility.
So how easy would it be to transfer data from my current 60gb over?

wmat said:
Who in their right mind would buy this while there's a PS3 available for the same price right in the same shelf? Ridiculous.

People were stupid enough to buy the PSP Go even though it had LESS features than the standard PSP...as well as a MUCH higher price.

Anything is possible.

It comes down to the games, stupid.

Top Bottom