• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Tiktaalik

I love the Sega Saturn reveal. :lol

It's great though. Same price but built in wifi. The design is better than the original 360, tho I feel like my original white controller will feel out of place. I have no reason to rush to the store right now and grab one, but I'm in favour of the design.

Rpgmonkey

Looks okay. Not really making me look at my current 360 in envy however.

I'll do the same thing I did with my GBA, DS, PS2, and PS3: only upgrade if my original console gets into a really poor condition or dies.

JBuccCP

I would be more impressed if they said the power brick was build in. It looks....alright I guess. Not a looker but neither is the current 360 I suppose.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wish it was smaller and that conference had given me a reason to get one. Looks sleek though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Here's hoping they fixed the layout of the internals of the Slim 360 so there won't be any more RROD problems

They probably didn't......

I'll probably pick it up eventually...my first 360's been busted for a while, and I've been itching for a new one.

But I'll wait and see if there's another "red ring" fiasco or not.

Sanic

I'm not yet sure if I like the design, but what's going on with the arcade? Are they just keeping it as is I presume?

thefil

I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping the "little" 360 would be marketed as the cheap Xbox 360 "lite" to compete with the Wii. Really wanted something at like $199 to use for downloadable titles.

Ah well
and yes I know the Arcade exists but I need some hard drive space and wireless

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's so worth it for me, I'd be paying half that for a 250gb HDD anyways and I'm so down with a quieter and more reliable system. I'm definitely gonna get one of these ASAP.
Can't wait to get one.

Holy shit.

Greenburg just confirmed that Kinect will need its own power supply for older 360's. Geoff Keighley laughing at that blurts out "..but you're gonna need another power-brick" and then immediately his smile cuts off realising what he just said to Alan Greenburg.
:lol

Smash88

Banned
dankir said:
Can I stick my existing 120 GB hard drive on this? Or transfer existing data or something?

No it is using a new small hard drive... Nobody knows as of yet if you can transfer.

LQX

I'm sure it will look better in person but I really, really hate that its now shiny instead of matte black.

Ecto311

Wifi and huge hard drive and still not worth it? Goddamn I think its a good deal. Along with all the features and the kinectimals it's way worth it. I won't be playing that, but my daughter will love playing with a tiger. Looks great for my situation. If I could just get the iPhone4 to sync with the zune stuff I would be in heaven.

mr.beers

Backfoggen said:
4700188445_4faa8bee43.jpg

No power brick confirmed!?

thirty

Banned
McHuj said:
For 299, it needs a bluray player to justify that cost. imo, if Sony drops the price, xbox is in trouble.

:lol tears. $299 for a slim means -$299 for anything with a smaller drive but it also means price drop or kinect bundle for the holidays. MS is going for the juggular.

Tiktaalik

It'll be interesting to see what the ambient volume difference is between the old and new systems. They did say in the conference that it was quieter.

So they convinced me to get a 360 for Natal, but not at paying Full Price for a slimmer system thats supposedly supposed to cost less to manufacture and thus less for them to charge, utterly ridiculous.

249-199!

McHuj said:
For 299, it needs a bluray player to justify that cost. imo, if Sony drops the price, xbox is in trouble.

They will probably announce a price drop this fall before the launch of Natal and do some bundles with it.

Looks good. If they're discontinuing the current arcades and elites then it'll be $200 for fat Xbox 360 and 120gb hard drive and $300 for slim 360 with built in 250gb?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Will there be a 'Arcade'? I'd think about upgrading but don't wanna spend 299, would rather get a cheaper version and keep my HDD.

I kinda also gotta think this will be price-cutted later in the year too. Keeping it for the Fall with a price cut might have been more impactful.

V_Ben

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit.

Greenburg just confirmed that Kinect will need its own power supply for older 360's. Geoff Keighley laughing at that blurts out "..but you're gonna need another power-brick" and then immediately his smile cuts off realising what he just said to Alan Greenburg.
:lol

nice! :lol

Top Bottom