• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Einbroch

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit.

Greenburg just confirmed that Kinect will need its own power supply for older 360's. Geoff Keighley laughing at that blurts out "..but you're gonna need another power-brick" and then immediately his smile cuts off realising what he just said to Alan Greenburg.
:lol
Glad I wasn't the only one who caught this.:lol :lol

Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit.

Greenburg just confirmed that Kinect will need its own power supply for older 360's. Geoff Keighley laughing at that blurts out "..but you're gonna need another power-brick" and then immediately his smile cuts off realising what he just said to Alan Greenburg.

I'm going to wait to see how Costco prices this with Natal. If it's about as much as I paid for the 360 Elite I bought a couple years back, I'm jumping in.

BTW, I thought this looked ugly in the previous thread, but I actually thought it looked pretty slick in real time. I'm probably going to pick it up regardless so I can get the wifi and donate my wifi adapter to my parents.

Ding

That's an okay price for what is basically a slim Elite, but since I'm thinking about buying a couple additional 360s to use as media extenders, I'd be much more interested in a slim Arcade.

I suppose they will do a price drop later in the year. If they did it now, they'd never be able to clear the channel of the 360 Phats. Plus, I'm sure they want to hear what Sony announces, pricewise, before tipping their hand.

It's nice to see them finally give their customers wi-fi and a decent HDD that isn't overpriced. I think I would rather buy an old xbox cheaper though. I don't think it's that ugly honestly.

Banned
watership said:
Looks awesome. On a side note, gamers are cynical bastards. The past few days on GAF have been full of pure bile.

Same will happen tomorrow with Sony and Nintendo. All motion. All the time.

Looks like someone dropped it or kicked it in.

The smaller size and built in WiFi are appealing, but it's ugly and expensive. Does it come with an HDD transfer cable?

Looks fine, but I'm not a fan of glossy black (dust, fingerprints etc.) - I'll probably hold out for a glossy white version before taking the plunge.

bj00rn_

Banned
Nice. Looks much better than the older look, especially considering the size. Good stuff, it'll be mine as soon as it comes out.

Kibbles

Damnnnnnnnnn looked WAY better in the video than in pics. Holy shit. Sorry Microsoft for shitting on you :p Looks great. I want it now. I lol'd when he lifted up the Xbox 360 case and it showed the slim.

RS4-

I'll pick one up when Kinect comes out.

Unless of course, I can somehow get rid of 2 out of the 3 360s I have here at home for some nice trade in deal :lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
MirageDwarf said:
Price drop will come around Nov. with Kinect launch I think.

Likely. It was smart for them to not announce a price for Kinect, so they can plan on a price drop/bundles in november. Also helps that this way, it lets them see what Sony announce at their conference.

spwolf

Loxley said:
GTTV just said that current Arcades are being dropped to $149.99 and Elites will be dropped to $249.99

New 360 Slim is nice but damn, that Arcade is a good deal, isnt it?

It actually looks pretty sleek. I was a big hater in the leaked image thread, but it looks kinda nice.

The new form factor and extra features make it acceptable to keep the price the same.

However, they are now price for price with PS3, which isn't where they want to be, unless this thing plays bluray too. The only feature advantage it has over the same priced PS3 is the HDD size and wireless N instead of B/G. Which many people wont care about.

bj00rn_

Banned
watership said:
Looks awesome. On a side note, gamers are cynical bastards. The past few days on GAF have been full of pure bile.

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

McHuj

Someone needs to find out if the Arcade/Elite units are EOL.

I can really see MS going down to one SKU. I bet profit margins on the Slim will be significantly higher than the other two.

299?

Worst generation ever.

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS AND WERE STILL AT 299 WTF.

I cant be the only one who refuses to join the HD generation until decent prices right?

Edit: yes I see arcade is 149. Ok, but still not good enough. The 12 SKUs this generation sucks.

Only Nintendo has it right. One wii. End of story.

PhatSaqs

Banned
jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

I cant be the only one who refuses to join the HD generation until decent prices right?
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Odrion

Banned
Also anyone expecting a christmas price drop with Natal is crazy. You're going to see a $399 bundle, I count on it.

My POS 3rd 360 is shitting out on me, the disc drive keeps skipping so I'm probably going to just bite and get one of these. Hopefully easy to transfer everything to it.

There is absolutely no reason for Sony to do this, but if they were to actually drop the price of their console below the 360. Oh my god, the meltdowns that would occur.

jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

I think you are. Everybody else doesn't even bat an eye at spending $600 on a phone.

bathala

Banned
jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

we get it u like SD/ RCA connected Wii

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the game trailers unveil, it looks like the hard drive not only isn't the same hookup as the regular 360, but it's still in a sealed casing - I didn't see any of the tray screws that would be a telltale sign of allowing user upgrades. (except to MS sold drives, I mean)

Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit.

Haha, Geoff is the man, not buying into the "everything is fine" crap. :D

carlosp

Banned
jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

Edit: yes I see arcade is 149. Ok, but still not good enough. The 12 SKUs this generation sucks.

Only Nintendo has it right. One wii. End of story.

come to europe: 99€ with two games.

Top Bottom