• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

longdi

Banned
Should this not be call the 360 short and not slim? I saw pictures where it is still fatter than PS3 slim. PS3 is the real slim shady, 360 is get shorty. Got to give props to Sony's engineers in beating Microsoft by a year with a slim.

Pagusas

Elden Member
unagisensei said:
Did you guys who got the extra $25 have to specifically ask for it?

I didn't even bother trying because I was under the impression that it didn't stack with the extra TIV they're offering for the upgrade trade in....

I'm wondering if I should go back to GS tomorrow and see if I can get them to give me an extra $25 credit....

Nope, I didnt say a word, the guy just added it (and actually redid the order cause he couldnt figure out why it wasnt adding, and manually added it, obviously he was not aware it wasnt allowed)

MegaKungFuRadio said:
What happened with me is that the trade up promo wouldn't show up, so the clerk had to do a manual override to bump the system up to $100, at which point the computer added the promo to bring it to $125. So technically, it's not two promos at work. It's a price override plus a promo.

Exactly like that. Did we go to the same store? lol. Bloomington IL here, gamestop in the mall.

longdi said:
Should this not be call the 360 short and not slim? I saw pictures where it is still fatter than PS3 slim. PS3 is the real slim shady, 360 is get shorty. Got to give props to Sony's engineers in beating Microsoft by a year with a slim.

or6xe9.jpg

Pagusas said:
Nope, I didnt say a word, the guy just added it (and actually redid the order cause he couldnt figure out why it wasnt adding, and manually added it, obviously he was not aware it wasnt allowed)

Exactly like that. Did we go to the same store? lol. Bloomington IL here, gamestop in the mall.

Yeah, if you do not receive the $25 extra initially I would still ask for it. I would even try and take a screen print of the ad and bring it in

Klocker

ElNino said:
You should be able to run Mixed mode (G/N) on 2.4Ghz and use WPA2-AES, at least that's what I do on my D-Link. My wireless N bridge and laptops have no issues connecting to N while I can still connect my Blackberry to G when it turn on WiFi for it, as well as people bringing their laptops which are G.

sweet... seems to be working but not really noticing a difference form G when streaming Hidef content or playing the lag feast that is BC2. :lol

Dosia

My gamestop only got 6 of the new 360s so unfortunately I have to wait until next week. I am happy that I got rid of that ugly white 360 though!

Sydle

*Looks at thread title...*

Did Microsoft ever call it the 360 Slim? I could swear they just called it the "new Xbox". Should be changed; might stop some of the stupid comments about it not being "slim".

Paco said:
*Looks at thread title...*

Did Microsoft ever call it the 360 Slim? I could swear they just called it the "new Xbox". Should be changed; might stop some of the stupid comments about it not being "slim".

On the back of the box they call it "S". That's the only difference name wise.

vg260

Love the new system design with the exception of the exhaust being out the the top rather than in the back. It throws a wrench in my entertainment center setup. I have my systems on shelves with spaces cut out the back to vent the hot air right out. For me the new version makes me more worried about it overheating due to lack of ventilation than the old one.

longdi

Banned
skyfinch said:
I thought it was "sexy".

I thought the "tall" 360 looks better. 360S should stand for short, stubby, shiny, and it has sharp vents! :lol Microsoft should kept the "tall" design and make it slim and brushed black imo. Piano gloss is out of fashion.

Ding

PopcornMegaphone said:
I ordered a falcon arcade on amazon to replace my launch 20 gig system. Can I simply plug in my old HDD into my new arcade?
Yep, that's what you do.

I'm kinda surprised you bought from Amazon, however. Are you in the US? I just picked up an arcade at Target for $130, and that includes a $50 gift card. So, an $80 net expense for the Arcade itself.

MrDaravon

outsidah said:
I love how every EB called me "bro" and advised me to just reserve for their next shipment so I dont have to keep looking.

I didnt want to break their hearts and tell them Best Buy for one has 40+ in each store waiting for a buyer.

Normally I would agree with this. However the reality is that according to bestbuy.com they're backordered online, and 5 out of the 6 stores nearest me are out of stock, and most Bestbuy's aren't accepting game trade-in's yet. There's a lot of good reasons to dislike Gamestop, but I don't think this is one of those times.

Anticitizen One said:
The lady at my Gamestop said shes getting another shipment next week. Was she bullshitting or what?

Probably not intentionally, but whether or not she was correct seems to be completely up in the air. I've seen some people on CAG saying they were told next week, but it seems like a lot of people are being told first or 2nd week of July. Reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

Ding said:
Yep, that's what you do.

I'm kinda surprised you bought from Amazon, however. Are you in the US? I just picked up an arcade at Target for $130, and that includes a $50 gift card. So, an $80 net expense for the Arcade itself.

Amazon had it $150 with $50 credit as well.

MikeE21286 said:
Target b&m is $130 with a $50 GC too

Yes... that's the information I quoted. This is going to get really circular really quickly. The point I should have made more clear is that Amazon had a similar deal, and after tax, the difference is less than $10 plus whatever Amazon credit you may have.

Anticitizen One said:
The lady at my Gamestop said shes getting another shipment next week. Was she bullshitting or what?

I was told Monday they *might* get another shipment. We have 4 Gamestop here and 1 EB and they all sold out.

I have a feeling 360 Arcade will be $100.00 they tends to do the 50 gift card before price drop this way people can't bring them back for price match. My local FM stores have been running $50 gift card for 360 system during the last month or so.

Chiggs

I'm really enjoying the new revision. Picked mine up at Gamestop today and finally got it hooked up a few hours ago. Very quiet and I personally like the design. Can't wait for Kinect.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Yes... that's the information I quoted. This is going to get really circular really quickly. The point I should have made more clear is that Amazon had a similar deal, and after tax, the difference is less than $10 plus whatever Amazon credit you may have.
Oops my bad :p

OneLetter

I'm probably going to do the trade-in deal with GameStop tomorrow, since my disc drive is already breaking down and it's not under warranty anymore. I pretty much have to install a game to the HDD just to play now.

So old non-HDMI system + controller + 20 GB HDD + 120 GB HDD + Wireless = $210 trade in.

Now I get HDMI + optical audio + 130 extra GB + n wireless and an extra USB slot for $90?

Sold.

kaskade

Got mine from Best Buy. This thing is really, really nice. It looks way better in person.

The thing is quiet. I had my original on at the same time since I'm transferring stuff through USB, when I turned it off there was basically silence. The disc tray button is very satisfying.

Chiggs

mjemirzian said:
Are they really selling out that widely?

It appears to be. All the Gamestops in Denver are out; I got to their megastore at 11am today and they had two left.

Very sleek device. Matches my entertainment setup much better than the old unit does. Is it worth the extra money? Tough to say, but I certainly like what I see (and don't hear). ;)

Banned
Got mine from BestBuy today. They had 13 systems on the shelf when I got there. Copying all my stuff over to USB drive now.

Gamestops are small stores, so they only get a few each. Since they're offering a fair amount for old 360s, I suspect they are going fast there. Best Buy stores appear to be loaded with them if you're not concerned about getting good value on your old system.

Redbeard said:
I dunno why anyone would jump on this too soon without knowing Microsoft's fall plans if they already own a 360.

Seriously? There are tons of reasons. I have a 360 that's out of warranty and doesn't have HDMI. It's an early model so it's loud as hell. It'll die any month now, and even if it doesn't, $120 is a great deal for 3 or 4 year tech that's out of warranty. I'm getting so much and it's a good value. I doubt there's anything Microsoft can or will announce to make 360 short buyers regretful.

Ding said:
Yep, that's what you do.

Thank you.

I live in a city with over a 10% tax. The hassle for the small savings isn't really worth it to me.

Kibbles

longdi said:
Wat? The PS3 slim is barely slimmer than the original 360.

I have a straight up Xbox 360 Arcade. How much can I get for that? I figure if I have to get a harddrive and wifi anyway...mgiht as well get the new slim version right?

killertofu said:
I have a straight up Xbox 360 Arcade. How much can I get for that? I figure if I have to get a harddrive and wifi anyway...mgiht as well get the new slim version right?

If u have just the arcade then you'll just get 100 for it.

killertofu said:

All systems are $100. The hard drive is considered an accessory and is traded in separately.

Rat Salad

Banned
I just bought an arcade for $150.00 at GameStop yesterday. Its unopened at the moment.
Do they price match other stores that are throwing in a $50.00 giftcard?

If so is it as easy as taking in my receipt and showing them proof of purchase,or is it best to take the unopened box in also?

Rat Salad said:
I just bought an arcade for $150.00 at GameStop yesterday. Its unopened at the moment.
Do they price match other stores that are throwing in a $50.00 giftcard?

If so is it as easy as taking in my receipt and showing them proof of purchase,or is it best to take the unopened box in also?

I don't think Gamestop price matches anyone ever. If you haven't opened it yet, just return it and buy it somewhere else.

Rat Salad

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
I don't think Gamestop price matches anyone ever. If you haven't opened it yet, just return it and buy it somewhere else.

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately all other stores in my backwoods town sold out of the arcades.
Its not a big deal really,I'm happy I have a new 360(even if its the old models) my 4 year old one died last week.

I'll hit GameStop up tomorrow and see if they price match,can't hurt to ask.

Rat Salad

Banned
ReconYoda said:
my girlfriend has a banned console, does gamestop check to see if its banned before buying it?

When I was playing with the idea of buying a used 360 from GameStop last year I asked the same question to a store manager. I didn't want to possibly receive a banned console and she was pretty upfront and firm saying - they check to see if 360's are indeed banned or not.

Top Bottom