• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3d Classics: TwinBee

New Nintendo download schedule for next week in Japan is up!

3d classics twinbee is the next in the series!

TwinBee (ツインビー?) is a cartoon-themed vertical-scrolling shoot 'em up game originally released by Konami as a coin-operated video game in 1985 in Japan. It was the very first game to run on Konami's Bubble System hardware.[1] TwinBee was ported to the Family Computer[2] and MSX[3] in 1986 and has been included in numerous compilations released in later years

img_hard.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/sacj/index.html

Other games released next week(Japan):

Vector racing(500 yen):

6 machines, 12 courses, 4 modes(grand prix. single race, time trial, vs battle) supports local wireless play and online network ranking.

img_ss_2.jpg

Jazzy Billards 3d(500 yen)
img_ss_1.jpg

and 200 yen for the first chapter(some would call this a demo) of nazowaku-kan
20110610-00000022-isd-000-0-view.jpg

Also virtual console, our 2nd GBC game, Card battle heroes! (600 yen)

img_vc.jpg

batbeg

Is that paid demo the capcom sound game? Is it like an apology? "No, we won't even let you buy a demo of MML3, but since you're disappointed we'll find new demos to sell!"
:/ where are free demos?

artwalknoon said:
woah, just read the paid demo part, not cool Nintendo, not cool.

Nintendo at this time doesn't allow 3rd parties to have free downloads(this came up with loveplusplus transfer tool having to be a paid app)

vector racing is an iphone port. it's good, though! will buy.

also twinbee, i guess, and while i really don't want to encourage capcom...

watershed

Banned
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Nintendo at this time doesn't allow 3rd parties to have free downloads(this came up with loveplusplus transfer tool having to be a paid app)
Yeah I know, not cool. Hopefully this changes as Iwata supposedly addressed a number of eshop issues at the latest investor q&a including demos I think.

Boney

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Yeah fuck that noise.
said the exact same thing!

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
nintendo is so afraid of the freemium it's gotten ridiculous

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So...are there changes between iPhone and 3DS version of Vector Racing,apart of controls and 3D,obviously?
I would like to know seeing the 500 Yen price,while on iPhone it should be only 1.99 or even 0.99 € / Dollars :p

rpmurphy

The Mana Legend said:
What the fuck is TwinBee?
He's featured in Parodius as well. The bell item is from this game.

Vector Racing reminds me of Spectre on the Mac (not a racing game, but same visual style). That was a great game.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Twinbee! Sweet!

Even though I don't regret buying the Xevious remake, I'd rather have Twinbee first.

Top Bottom