• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Someone explain why this game won't be too easy? It seems easy even with a simple sword, let alone when you have one that can fill further that the whole screen!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ether_Snake said:
Someone explain why this game won't be too easy? It seems easy even with a simple sword, let alone when you have one that can fill further that the whole screen!

Maybe the appeal of the game will be something other than its challenge?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I chuckled at the boomerang "stunning" enemies. <3

Ether Snake said:
Wasn't there a post by an Atlus guy saying the demo for the game was really hard?

mr_nothin

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Was Zelda super easy?
Add in 15 enemies at once with a pattern or even 5 of those "seeking spiders" and it'll be a little harder.

upandaway

mr_nothin said:
Was Zelda super easy?
Add in 15 enemies at once with a pattern or even 5 of those "seeking spiders" and it'll be a little harder.
You mean floormasters?

Or wallmasters. Shoot. Floormasters are from WW.

slaughterking said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol I'm only half way through those clips and I have tears in my eyes from laughing. Critical hit... It's THE most effective sword I have seen in any game :lol :lol

eXistor

slaughterking said:
The website had background music which was overlaid over the videos and is now missing in the YT clips.
But there was music in some of the clips. But I'm sure you're right. No one in their right mind would have a game like this and not have their distincly Zelda-like themesong during the overworld bits.

KTallguy

Banned
Game is kind of growing on me, but I don't know if I like the huge sword thing. It does look like it would be too easy.

do_want.jpg

Please, come stateside !

KTallguy said:
Game is kind of growing on me, but I don't know if I like the huge sword thing. It does look like it would be too easy.

The combats in zelda were pretty easy too. what made the dungeons fun were the puzzles. Let's hope this has some good ones.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
From are absolute beasts this gen.

Chromehounds best game on xbox
demons souls best game on ps3
and now this

easily most antipated game on ps3

Screw kojima and co. Lets start an altar to the real nextgen gods at From

(armored core games dont exist in my world)

I wonder what kind of influence From really has. The website states Silicon Studio as the developer and while I know they are a Middleware developer I wouldn't be surprised if they also did (most of) the game design. Shouldn't be too demanding to copy a 20 year old game concept.

Ether_Snake said:

Im mostly flabbergastered to that you think this game WILL be easy. Its like youre judging it by the screen shots and go ''yup, this game is too easy my foresight tells me so''.

mr_nothin

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Ok, I'm all for this game but the giant swords are just getting silly.
Maybe it's limited use. Maybe the person playing is way ahead in the game and is going back through earlier parts with weaker enemies. Maybe there's enemies so big/strong that it makes the sword seem small?

Games like this are the reason why I love games. More games like this please and less depressing, realistic, uncolored worlds where all you do is run around a screen shooting people online.

androvsky

mr_nothin said:
Maybe it's limited use. Maybe the person playing is way ahead in the game and is going back through earlier parts with weaker enemies. Maybe there's enemies so big/strong that it makes the sword seem small?

You only get the giant sword if you're at full health according to the person in the Atlus forums who played the demo.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this is a pretty shameless zelda clone, even the hold getting knocked back a bit when shielding against projectiles and stuff. I don't know why but the novelty of the look will wear off quickly for me.

Has this been announced for US yet? Or is there any other english version out there like Demon Souls had, I really really really want this game.

Thankfully your character can move diagonally. I'm definitely interested in checking this out.

Now if only someone could make a Zelda 2 clone with either inspired retro sprite styled or animated (think Vanillaware) graphics.

lupinko

sn00zer said:
I hope they dont get sued...i mean it is A LOT like the original Zeldas

Crusade of the Centy (sp?) was a straight up zelda clone for the Genny back in the day, it didn't affect those developers.

slaughterking said:
SPELUNKERRRRRRRRRRRRR. I flipped out when I heard the remix and then nearly died laughing when he fell off the ledge.

In case you guys aren't familiar with Spelunker here's a video where you can see just how fragile the game's hero is. (May wanna shut the sound off. The dude cracks an anal sex joke 5 seconds in. Why is it so hard to find game videos without commentary nowadays?)

This reminds me that we never got PSN Spelunker over here. I guess it ain't comin'. :( Maybe I should buy a J-PSN ticket today...

JSnake

http://go nintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=98790 (remove the gap between 'go' and 'nintendo)

God these guys are ridiculous. :/

Can't wait for the game though. Gonna be sooo awesome

batbeg

I'd still not been feeling the execution that much until this most recent batch of videos. Now I'm feeling good :D Can't wait to get some impressions from JGAF.

JSnake said:
http://go nintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=98790 (remove the gap between 'go' and 'nintendo)

God these guys are ridiculous. :/

Can't wait for the game though. Gonna be sooo awesome

Christ, the least RMC could do is tone down the fanboy rabies enough to make a well constructed post. The title has a typo and the first sentence doesn't even make sense: (How much more can 3D Dot Heroes rip of Zelda?) The answer to that is a lot more. ...Siiigh, RMC.

While it may look similar to original zeldas...I wouldn't down the direction the visual design this game has taken...its pretty bold...in my opinion they've taken the concept a step further...at least in design terms this is an evolution of the 2d zelda games..in no way a straight copy. Basically, I feel they got there before anyone else

JSnake

batbeg said:
Christ, the least RMC could do is tone down the fanboy rabies enough to make a well constructed post. The title has a typo and the first sentence doesn't even make sense: (How much more can 3D Dot Heroes rip of Zelda?) The answer to that is a lot more. ...Siiigh, RMC.

He previously commented that his girlfriend was rooting for the game to be canceled. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JSnake said:
He previously commented that his girlfriend was rooting for the game to be canceled. :lol
I suppose that's the only kind of person that could put up being with him...

ZauMelz

Neo Member
Ether_Snake said:
Play the included spelunker-hard mode and say that again. :p

On a more serious note, apparently your sword is only uber-big while you have max HP - get hit once and the game plays normal again.

Top Bottom