• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

ZoddGutts

Aru said:
Can anybody tell me about the references each loading screen is making ?

So far, I recognized Castlevania and Torneko (?).

34talon.jpg

Virtual Fighter

Edit: Oh wow saw the link, was wrong it's SF. Close enough... :lol

TreIII said:
These guys CLEARLY had too much fun making this game. I LOVE IT.

This will be mine in a few weeks for the import! :D :D :D

Do we have confirmation on english subs? Or are you lucky enough to be able to speak japanese? I'm thinking of going to buy a japanese to english dictionary just so I can play this game now. Might be the coolest game idea I've seen in years.

Good lord @ the amount of boxart homages.

See they didn't dare do a Zelda one, but wow at all the DQ ones :lol

Think I love the Rockman one the most since its so out of place :lol :
25ui9z8.jpg

elrechazao said:
Do we have confirmation on english subs? Or are you lucky enough to be able to speak japanese? I'm thinking of going to buy a japanese to english dictionary just so I can play this game now. Might be the coolest game idea I've seen in years.

PlayAsia only mentions it as being in Japanese for the Asian version. That was the site that confirmed the English subs for Demon's Souls.

TreIII

elrechazao said:

I'd describe my JP skills as "competent". Enough so that I've been able to make my way through 75% of the Japanese games I play.

What I lack, I'm sure the supporting "scene" for the game will provide soon enough. And if this game REALLY gets good to me, I might double dip for the English release, just like I did for M&L3. :D

Mohonky

I should be doing hw said:
Bit risky putting Gamecube controllers in the trailer don't you think?
Looks fucking ace though, hope it gets brought over.

Bit risky putting Gamecube controllers on the trailer? The whole thing is a blatant Zelda clone. Is Nintendo just silently ignoring this one or something? It looks awesome but to say slightly resembles Zelda is an understatement.......

spidye

from software went from the developer who made enchanted arms to one of the best developers in japan after demon's souls and this. kudos from software

Mohonky said:
Bit risky putting Gamecube controllers on the trailer? The whole thing is a blatant Zelda clone. Is Nintendo just silently ignoring this one or something? It looks awesome but to say slightly resembles Zelda is an understatement.......
Well its not like Nintendo own that style of gameplay, what the fuck can they do about it? Honestly, beyond awknowleging its existence what more can they do? The problem I see here is that if FS 'accidently' chucked in GC controllers, they are giving Nintendo footing to kill this. Sure it would be petty as fuck, but wierder shit has happened.
Hopefully nothing comes from this, this game looks badass. Why this idea hasn't been done till now (past breif segments in games like P4) is a mystery to me.

Darkpen

Banned
Yaweee said:
Holy effing shit that is amazing. All box arts?

goddam

I wonder of the localization team will redo the load screens to match the American box arts.
RedSwirl said:
It would be badass if they actually re-did the loading screens to look like the equivalent American box arts.
I want to see them try to replicate the US Megaman box art :lol

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Everything looks awesome except for the super wide sword that take up the whole screen. I mean, length I can understand but girth as well? I can tell the devs are overcompensating. I'm gonna keep mine a nice decent size.

mujun

superbank said:
Everything looks awesome except for the super wide sword that take up the whole screen. I mean, length I can understand but girth as well? I can tell the devs are overcompensating. I'm gonna keep mine a nice decent size.

I agree, I'd much prefer some kind of spell that nukes all the enemies.

obonicus

shuri said:
I'm afraid that Nintendo could find a way to fuck shit up for them if it ever came to America.

How? As far as I can tell, there's no copyright infringement, no trademark infringement. At best maybe Nintendo has a patent on this sort of gameplay but that seems sorta tenuous.

madara

Looks badass but I had no idea it was that much like early zelda that even jumping spiders, swords in stone, town chickens, etc, etc are in the game. I hope there is no issue releasing it here.

May16

I don't think even in America (fuck yeah!) you can go so far as to copyright...swinging a sword at chickens, though, can you?

I think the visual representations, while significant to those who know what's up, are definitely different enough that the game shouldn't have (m)any issues coming stateside.

Top Bottom