• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Realms: Reveal Quake Engine based FPS tomorrow (PC/PS4/XBO/Switch)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Known as Codename Mourningvale, a brief gif already exists from last year.

DaringVariableIndigobunting.gif

1C Entertainment is publishing this and it is done by 3D Realms themselves, not Voidpoint from Ion Maiden. Just because it is 3DR does not mean it will be a shit tier release though. Here are some of the folks i figure are working on them:

Jeremiah Fox
Game Designer
Jeremiah is a Game Designer at 3D Realms and is currently leading the development of an unannounced Quake 1-engine title.

Gavin "FifthElephant" Edgington
Level Designer
Gavin is a well-known level designer from the Quake communities, best known for his work on the popular "Arcane Dimensions" project.

Marcus "muk" Hayes
Level Designer
Level Designer well known from the Quake community. Known as "muk".

Romain "Skacky" Barrilliot
Level Designer
Romain is a Level Designer at 3D Realms, known for his work on several popular Quake levels. (Also his Thief 1 levels, which are well known!)

Nahuel Arce
Game Programmer
Nahuel is a Game Programmer and Scripter, specialized in the original Quake Engine.

Dmitriy "fgsfds" Merkulov
Programmer
The dark wizard of Quake on Consoles.

stranno stranno might be pleased by the people working on this :)

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Small update:
Scouring on the Discord i found out that this game will use a modified version of the Darkplaces Engine since the stock version had some limitations.

So that's exciting news. Darkplaces does not provide AAA visuals, but you can get some nice results out of it, Doom 3 style shadows and all..

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
3D Realms still exists?

quickwhips

I use to talk to 3d realm team on aim back in the day when I made levels in build engine based on die hard. Wtf happened to them.

Top Bottom