• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Streets of Rage 2 rated by ACB

Santiako

Y1My3AM.gif

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wow day zero on this if it hits NA

It's an Aussie rating, so it's definitely getting a worldwide release, perhaps sooner than we might have anticipated.

They're still in the middle of rolling out the second wave of Sega 3D Classics overseas, with one due each month through to May, so maybe they have a whole new batch planned as an immediate followup? That'd be sweet.

rjc571

Banned
Nice. Didn't buy 3D SoR because SoR 1 is jank, but SoR2 is awesomesauce so I'll buy this as soon as it's available in Japan.

TriAceJP

I still play this game on my Genesis frequently.

Frequently.

I'll buy the hell out of this. Do these 3DS versions usually incorporate multiplayer?

@MUWANdo

Banned
So Wave 3 does exist? I thought they were stopping at Thunderblade?

That's what they said for the Thunder Blade interview, yeah... then they did the retail collection, then they started work on the international versions of Wave 2, and the line since then has been "well, the team's still together, so there's a possibility we might be able to continue if the retail collection does well" and I suppose it did.

I still play this game on my Genesis frequently.

Frequently.

I'll buy the hell out of this. Do these 3DS versions usually incorporate multiplayer?

Local multiplayer, yeah.

Xbudz

I'll be buying this, just like every single 3D Sega Classic that ever has or ever will be released.

So Wave 3 does exist? I thought they were stopping at Thunderblade?
Okunari never definitely said there would or wouldn't be a third wave or even isolated releases. This might not belong to a set of upcoming releases, actually, it could be something motivated entirely by fan demand, a one-off.

Anyway, this cooks my bacon right.

Remember the download play people (SoR1 has it, both players need to own game though)

It's an Aussie rating, so it's definitely getting a worldwide release, perhaps sooner than we might have anticipated.

They're still in the middle of rolling out the second wave of Sega 3D Classics overseas, with one due each month through to May, so maybe they have a whole new batch planned as an immediate followup? That'd be sweet.
I would have mixed feeling if it say came out in March but at the cost of say, Outrun.

Makes me wonder if SoR1 did better outside of Japan so they are doing this as a give back and will release later on in Japan.

Then again I when it comes to Australian ratings I';ve been left waiting for a long time when it comes to SEGA before.

If they're doing sequels now they should consider the other Sonic games.

Ditto. Shocked as hell Sonic 2 wasn't in Wave 2, thought that was an obvious choice.

Especially as isn't it easier since they got Sonic 1 done already and they use the same engine and assets? What if it's due to the music and they need to re-license it over and over and over...

bengraven

SoR2 came with my Genesis and I played the shit out of it for months before I could afford another game. Never beat it on hard, though. :(

Oh good. M2 found a way to make the 3d work on the diagonally scrolling stages. They claimed that it was a roadblock to tackle if they are ported the the game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Ditto. Shocked as hell Sonic 2 wasn't in Wave 2, thought that was an obvious choice.

Especially as isn't it easier since they got Sonic 1 done already and they use the same engine and assets? What if it's due to the music and they need to re-license it over and over and over...

Wave 2 was conceived entirely for the domestic Japanese market and their intention was to deliver the big arcade games that had been requested: Afterburner, Outrun, Fantasy Zone. FZII and Thunder Blade were never part of the initial plan but circumstances allowed M2 to produce them anyway.

Kyoufu

At first I thought 3D as in a remake, not a 3DS version. I am now very disappointed.

I'd rather have the original than some 3D remake that would probably end up being awful. The original is perfection and you just don't mess with perfection!

If you want a 3D beat em up then play Dynamite Deka :p

@MUWANdo

Banned
wait? 3d thunder blade exists? does galaxy force?

Yes, Galaxy Force has been out for quite a while now. Thunder Force has been out in Japan for several months and will be released elsewhere in May.

For those who are unaware, here are all the Sega 3D Classics games:

Space Harrier
Super Hang-On
Sonic the Hedgehog
Altered Beast
Ecco the Dolphin
Galaxy Force II
Shinobi III
Streets of Rage

Afterburner II
Fantasy Zone (out in NA/PAL-land in this week!)
Outrun (out in NA/PAL-land next month)
Fantasy Zone II DX (out in NA/PAL-land in April)
Thunder Blade (out in NA/PAL-land in May)

sörine

Banned
Hell yes! I was sad we missed out on more MD conversions in Wave 2 so hopefully this means a Wave 3 full of them. Sonic 2 and Revenge of Shinobi are musts but pls don't bother with Tides of Time M2.

remz

God fucking damn I was chuffed enough with SOR1 but now they're bring the king to 3DS?

Fucking hell yes. My 3DS is never leaving me after this gets released.

glow

Banned
At first I thought 3D as in a remake, not a 3DS version. I am now very disappointed.

That's what I thought when I came into this thread. Super disappointed. Oh well, at least I have Streets of Rage remake on PC if I get an urge to play a revamped old school beat 'em up.

YESSSS!!!!!

I was playing SOR1 3D the other day and thinking how sad that some of the best games like SOR2 and Sonic 2 weren't available in the same format. Good news!

Pimpwerx

Oh hell yeah. SoR2 is by far the best in the series. I beat the hell out of that game. This one will definitely be on my radar. What are the odds they don't screw this up? PEACE.

Edit: what the hell, this is 3DS? Ugh. This thread is where gaming boners come to die.

Wave 2 was conceived entirely for the domestic Japanese market and their intention was to deliver the big arcade games that had been requested: Afterburner, Outrun, Fantasy Zone. FZII and Thunder Blade were never part of the initial plan but circumstances allowed M2 to produce them anyway.

Ooooooh. Makes sense. :p

Thanks! :D

Top Bottom