• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS games on sale at Amazon

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is this sale caused by Walmart? I saw the prices for most of the titles are identical, so Amazon pricematched. Unless...it's the opposite XD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it kinda sad that $30 is considered a "sale", when one generation ago that was "full price"?

Guess you have never purchased a first party nintendo handheld title ? They basically never drop in price and they are 25% cheaper than the regular price, thats a "sale" for me.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Best game of the bunch, tons of content.

Mario Kart 7
- The best Mario Kart game to date.

Super Mario 3D Land
- Cute.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Fantastic game, but don't expect it to play like Paper Mario.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Another fantastic game, probably only second to Monster Hunter.

Meier

So many good deals. I'm going to be out of town for 11 days or I'd buy at least 2 of these. Wonder how easy that locker system thing is...

I might have to bite the bullet and buy animal crossing, purely based on the hype and this sale. I really don't get what people see in it but I feel like if I wait to long I'll miss out on whatever that is.

1upmuffin

There's some really nice DS games on sale as well.

Warioware DIY $3.99
Rhythm Heaven $8.69 (was 5 dollars yesterday)
Kirby Mass Attack $11.47

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is Luigi Mansion worth it, content wise, at that price? Note that I'm not dying to play it but still curious.

not sure if i should go pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 or MH3U :X
The one that lasts more than 20 hours.

Sticker Star is not worth getting at any price, it's the worst Paper Mario by far, and not a good game in its own right either.
ipKXvz4ha0qBC.gif

My 10/10 3DS Games (Probably)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Resident Evil: Revelations
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Roo

Sticker Star is not worth getting at any price, it's the worst Paper Mario by far, and not a good game in its own right either.
Wow really?
I was waiting for a price drop to get this game.
I still think it's way too expensive for what I've read about it but cosidering it was released 8 months ago I was expecting a cheaper game.

Codeblue

I have a huge backlog, career-determining exams coming up in November, and a bunch of lab work I need to do.

And yet... Animal Crossing is $10 off.

Must. Resist.

Yes Boss!

I have a huge backlog, career-determining exams coming up in November, and a bunch of lab work I need to do.

And yet... Animal Crossing is $10 off.

Must. Resist.

It is probably the best price you will get on it for the next two years. I grabbed it even though I'll probably not touch it till next year.

Darryl

Banned
What's sad is a 2-year-old remake of a 15-year-old game at the price of a brand new game.

it was the 4th highest rated game across all platforms for 2011. it is still a great game and they did a good job with the remake. worth $40 easy, i think it was worth buying a 3ds for myself

1upmuffin

Wow really?
I was waiting for a price drop to get this game.
I still think it's way too expensive for what I've read about it but cosidering it was released 8 months ago I was expecting a cheaper game.

I don't want to derail the thread too much but I feel Sticker Star lost most of the charm of Paper Mario, there's less story, the characters all feel more bland, the combat is turn based again but there is no XP so I felt the battles wasted my time, and I tried to skip as many as I could. Also, some bosses require certain stickers to beat easily (or later in the game beat at all). For example I beat the first boss without the sticker you were "supposed" to have for the boss and it was really tough. After I beat the boss your fairy buddy (I forget it's name) said something along the lines of "Wouldn't that have been easier if you had a special sticker". Why didn't they tell me I needed a special sticker before I fought the boss.

Also some puzzles are not intuitive at all, I'll stop there. I just really like the other Paper Mario games so it was just a huge disappointment for me.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What's sad is a 2-year-old remake of a 15-year-old game at the price of a brand new game.
I agree with this post. Everything, regardless of quality, must experience depreciation imo. I paid $40 to play it day-1, it was worth that price considering it's a new product, loved every minute of it, but I wouldn't pay $40 to try it out today. $20 for a new copy is pushing it.

Animekatt

Those are some really good deals! Everyone who is remotely interested in Animal Crossing should definitely get in on that price! An $8.40 savings after only 20 days on the market. That's great for a Nintendo title.

I want to rebuy MK7 and Mario 3DL, but I'm tapped out for the month after buying 4 games already.

Top Bottom