• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

methodman

Banned
buying the 3ds on the opening day was never an issue for me... i was never even mad when they lowered the price for it. all this free shit is just a bonus imo

but.. i just graduated school and am very drunk right now, so maybe ill have a different opinion tomorrow :)

totowhoa

Banned
Holy shit, better list than I was expecting. I'll actually play a number of those games over the next several months unlike the worn NES games we got.

Zee-Row

Banned
I always saw FE: Sacred Stones on Walmart and K-Mart barging bins for $5-$10 new but never picked it up. How does it stack up to other FE games?

Yes Boss!

buying the 3ds on the opening day was never an issue for me... i was never even mad when they lowered the price for it. all this free shit is just a bonus imo

but.. i just graduated school and am very drunk right now, so maybe ill have a different opinion tomorrow :)

Nah, I feel the same way. I'm ALWAYS going to buy Nintendo hardware day one. These are just icing on the cake...and much, much better than the NES games.

Hoping the NA list is similar. A few in there I've never played.

US list:

CI4Ab.jpg
y8cg5.jpg
dAKUP.jpg

I'm just having a laugh of course, nice that it's a decent list of titles.

Yagharek

Oh wow. Amazing list.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - great
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island - great
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - most wanted on the list
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - great
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - good?
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - great
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - addictive
Metroid Fusion - wow
Wario Land 4 - nfi?
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames - cool

I didnt get a gba for very many games back in the day, and of these have only played Mario vs DK. But recognise the quality of them.

This is a fantastic lineup.

Teknoman

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

ibpnTUu2aqMcBE.gif

VICTORY.

Was the JP NES list any different from the NA/EU list?

Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4

Pretty good list. Although I was hoping for Super Mario Advanced 4: SMB3, Zelda LttP, the first Fire Emblem GBA game, and Metroid Zero Mission, I think the list is still pretty good.

I know Nintendo said they don't have plans for a GBA VC, but they never said "it won't happen," right?

I hope Nintendo sells some of those GBA games later on.

randomkid

That's a very very good list. Not quite good enough to make me regret returning my 3DS back when I had it for a month (would've liked to see Advance Wars) but almost good enough.

AniHawk

GBA Virtual Console starts on Dec 16 2011 for Japanese 3DS Ambassadors. They announced the full list today.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4

Rt7P4.jpg

Av5Cg.jpg

never played f-zero, kirby, or mariovsdk. i'm kinda kirbyd out right now, but i'm interested in playing it later.

and it looks like that i'll be replaying the minish cap. wasn't about to replay it on the gba/ds lite.

AniHawk

I always saw FE: Sacred Stones on Walmart and K-Mart barging bins for $5-$10 new but never picked it up. How does it stack up to other FE games?

it's fire emblem: training wheels. you can go to little arena type things and level up your characters, making it a lot easier than the others. i still liked it though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that these 10 titles indicate in some way which Nintendo franchises they want to continue supporting most in the future.

Which makes me think even more that the "project everybody wants us to do" for Wii U by Retro Studio is F-Zero.

Darryl

Banned
Which makes me think even more that the "project everybody wants us to do" for Wii U by Retro Studio is F-Zero.

i have a hard time believing that nintendo will take some of their best talent and use it on one of their smallest IPs. i believe f-zero is coming, but it's probably not retro.

dwu8991

Banned
Metroid Fusion - never played
Kirby - never played
Zelda - never played
Wario land 4 - never played
Fire emblem - never played

Crikey, I played a lot of GBA games and somehow I missed them all !!!

F-Zero Maximum Velocity is pretty ordinary. That should've given us GP legend!

Luigiv

Great list. Of those games the only ones that I already own are Metroid and Zelda, so this works out very well for me.

Fou-Lu

Looks like a great list to me. Lots of games I loved playing as a kid. Will probably be the first time I finish a Fire Emblem. Sad really since SRPG is one of my favorite genres and Nintendo is my favorite developer.

This list is amazing. I already have a few of them but may download them, y'know, just to have! That's if we're getting the same games as Japan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Since it hasnt been posted yet....panic nintendo is the best nintendo !!!

Metroid Fusion - never played
Just convince yourself that it's not a Metroid game and you'll find it's a great game (it doesn't really fit with the rest of the Metroid series, with its linear level-by-level design and constantly telling you exactly where to go next and not needing the item you get in that level to find the next level... but it's great nonetheless).

That is one amazing list, seriously.

Obviously with a limit of 10 some sadly miss out (Advance Wars, Mario Advance 4 (3) etc would have rocked :( ) but man.... whats there is still a whole load of quality GBA fun.

I really remember that gen fondly, staying up late in bed playing the shit out of them lol. Sooo good.

Top Bottom