• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

Anth0ny

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity- never played
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island- bought it earlier this year before the ambassador program was announced
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap- bought it earlier this year because the ambassador program was taking too long and surely this game was too good to be given out for free!
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones- never played
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror- never played
Mario Kart: Super Circuit- never played
Mario vs. Donkey Kong- never played
Metroid Fusion- bought it earlier this year before the ambassador program was announced
Wario Land 4- never played
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames- owned for years

Overall, awesome list. Just sucks for me that I happened to play 3 of those games this year for $20 a pop.

Branduil

Just convince yourself that it's not a Metroid game and you'll find it's a great game (it doesn't really fit with the rest of the Metroid series, with its linear level-by-level design and constantly telling you exactly where to go next and not needing the item you get in that level to find the next level... but it's great nonetheless).

At least it's more of a Metroid game than Other M.

So are the game going to be the same for NA? Some people are making it sound like they might be different.

Those are a pretty good bunch though. I've never played that Fire Emblem, Wario 4, or Yoshi's Island, Fusion will be fun to play through again and WarioWare is one of my favorite games. I'll probably play through Minish Cap again too, that game didn't end up being very memorable for me though.

So now that the emulator is obviously working is there still any chance we might get them in NA before the end of the year?

Bii

That is one amazing list, seriously.

Obviously with a limit of 10 some sadly miss out (Advance Wars, Mario Advance 4 (3) etc would have rocked :( ) but man.... whats there is still a whole load of quality GBA fun.

I agree. I was expecting the list to be a disappointment but I was proven wrong. I've always wanted to try Yoshi's Island and Minish Cap.

wsippel

Banned
i have a hard time believing that nintendo will take some of their best talent and use it on one of their smallest IPs. i believe f-zero is coming, but it's probably not retro.
Agreed. Monster Games seems a far more likely candidate.

KorrZ

GBA Virtual Console starts on Dec 16 2011 for Japanese 3DS Ambassadors. They announced the full list today.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

OMFG! Being an Ambassador is paying dividends!

duckroll

So are the game going to be the same for NA? Some people are making it sound like they might be different.

They should be the same since every game has an English version, but this is a Japanese announcement for now. NoA has not made it official. I wouldn't expect it to be different though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have a fuzzy memory: how many FE games were released on the GBA and how many of them were localized.

I played one, and I'm afraid it's Sacred Stones :

Yagharek

I know they are only digital copies, and I'm the kind of person who prefers real physical copies, but these games alone make up the $100 AUD difference in price they were put up to compensate me for. I would have bought most of those games for $10 on eShop had they come out. The NES games are good for it too though.

All in all the issue of launch day regret is gone completely now. This was a very good move from Nintendo from my perspective. I'd actually prefer to have those games and have spent the extra money than to have not spent it and not gotten them at all.

backlot

Wow, this list was like the best case scenario. I was really hoping for a Fire Emblem and Wario Land 4 and there they are!

Too bad the NES selection couldn't have been this perfect.

I was excited for the NES list and ended up playing maybe 1.5 hours total of those games. This list, hopefully, will bode better.

I was really hoping for Advance Wars, but otherwise this list is pretty darn solid.

kunonabi

Would have been nice to have Metroid: Zero Mission. I'm not a fan of Zero Mission or Fusion but it sucks to have Zero Mission being GBA only while every other Metroid game is playable on Wii/3DS.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Never Played
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Barely Played
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Moderately Played
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Metroid Fusion

Beaten
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

I'm going to lose so many hours to these games. I plan on conquering Yoshi's Island and Minish Cap first, but I'll be sure to give each game proper loving. I didn't regret buying a launch 3DS in the first place, and this list only further confirms that.

For the sake of everyone, I do hope they release GBA on the VC in the future. I can understand Nintendo not wanting to piss off the people getting the Ambassador games, but it would be criminal to deny everyone the rest of the GBA library.

GSR

Not bad, though I've played quite a few (Sacred Stones just last year, actually). It'll be nice to have them in digital format.

blamite

who broke your kinstone, jyerk

Ugh, just reminded me that I had one goddamn, unmatched kinstone in that game and I cold never figure out whose it was. Bugged me forever. Good game, but just because of that one kinstone, FUCK THAT GAME.

Yup. It has no continuity with any other games in the series what so ever.
Awesome. I always meant to get into the series, so this is definitely gonna do it for me.

Fou-Lu

I was excited for the NES list and ended up playing maybe 1.5 hours total of those games. This list, hopefully, will bode better.

I was really hoping for Advance Wars, but otherwise this list is pretty darn solid.

I know how you feel. However, Maybe it's just me, but I have a really hard time playing NES game nowadays. GBA games on the other hand....

Top Bottom