• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

Rekubot

Just finished Metroid Fusion for the first time. Such a great game,
by the end I was absolutely terrified of the SA-X. Thankfully the final boss was easy enough to take down in one try.

Only one problem with this game. Fuck you,
Nightmare
. So unfair it made me rage quit at least three times. The game is good enough that it made me keep trying until I got past it though, which can't be said for a lot of games with bullshit-hard moments.

Yoshi's Island next! Then WarioWare, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Mario vs DK (loved the GB game so much I can look past the graphics/sound), Pushmo...

Is Wario Land 4 worth playing? I tried a couple of levels and they didn't seem very appealing... just one big collect-a-thon with lots of backtracking.

Bought a used ambassador system, then registered and linked it to my clubnintendo account, after unlinking the previous owner's account...wonder if I'll get to register all the stuff the other guy had on there?

does that happen instantly? I downloaded the GBA titles, Xevious3D, VVVVV, Pushmo, and Cave Story Dsi, but didn't realize his account was linked at the time.
I don't think it made a difference that you downloaded them while the 3DS was still linked to his account, his linking to his account made everything automatically registered once it was available to download, not when it was actually downloaded. Test it out and check your Club N account coin receipt once you've linked it, but if he linked it to his as you said I think you're out of luck.

well, registered the system about an hour ago and nothing new under my registered products lists, so it looks like he got credit for the stuff I bought. Now I will find him and kill him.

This might be one of those rare times where Nintendo would actually be willing to make adjustments for you. You can prove the system is registered to your CN account, and can likely also prove the CC you used to purchase the games is yours.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The problem I see is that as NOA says you can't transfer shop accounts, I rather expect their solution to involve deleting all titles purchased prior to you actually buying anything -- and erasing the Ambassador titles. I'm fairly sure they'd transfer thr titles you purchased to your account, but I'm not sure that they'd let you keep the other software (and ambassador games) as well.

The problem I see is that as NOA says you can't transfer shop accounts, I rather expect their solution to involve deleting all titles purchased prior to you actually buying anything -- and erasing the Ambassador titles. I'm fairly sure they'd transfer thr titles you purchased to your account, but I'm not sure that they'd let you keep the other software (and ambassador games) as well.

yeah, I'm worried about something like that happening.

I think I have enough codes to register to get whatever new games they put up for 100 coins on the 10th, so I'm cool. Otherwise, I was really just trying to get surveys for the ambassador games heh

Ulthwe

Euro Gaffer here, I've just noticed that all NES games have update options to them, and so does the Ambassador program. I downloaded a couple (Zelda and Metroid) expecting them to be the definitive versions, with save-state option, but they seem to be exactly the same as before.

Maybe they discovered some exploitable bug in the emulator? The ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER F... code on Metroid still hangs the system...

Chuckpebble

Why do most of the GBA games look like absolute shit on the 3DS screen?

It's a joke if you compare it too, say, playing the games on a GBA SP.

Have you tried holding start while launching the games? Runs games in their native resolution. I've tried it for DS and DSi ware games on my 3DS, and while it looks super sharp, I'm actually fine with the zoomed to fit graphics. Even in sprite based games like Shantae.

Granted, I don't have any GBA games, but I assume this trick works for them as well.

Yeah I updated all mine too with no (noticeable) changes.
I'm guessing, as all software has now been updated, that the updates prime each piece of software for receiving updates through the actual update option in the eShop.
Sounds silly but considering no updates have ever shown through the 'update' option (not even 3DS software like the Pokedex) and that even the Ambassador Certificate received an update then I think it's a reasonable guess.....

Okay, so I'm sure this has been asked/answered at some point already, but has there been ANY word regarding whether or not Nintendo will un-ass these titles for us poor schmoes who couldn't afford a 3DS until after the price drop? I mean, has there even been a hint that these titles will see broad releases on the eShop? If so, when?

I get it. Being gracious to the loyalists by giving them a bunch of awesome NES/GBA games for free in order to stay in everybody's good graces, yadda, yadda, yadda...but goddamnit, Nintendo, share the love and charge us poor bastards that missed the boat early on!

PKrockin

Okay, so I'm sure this has been asked/answered at some point already, but has there been ANY word regarding whether or not Nintendo will un-ass these titles for us poor schmoes who couldn't afford a 3DS until after the price drop? I mean, has there even been a hint that these titles will see broad releases on the eShop? If so, when?

I get it. Being gracious to the loyalists by giving them a bunch of awesome NES/GBA games for free in order to stay in everybody's good graces, yadda, yadda, yadda...but goddamnit, Nintendo, share the love and charge us poor bastards that missed the boat early on!

Nintendo says the NES games will be sold on the eShop at some point but they have no plans to release the GBA games outside the Ambassador program.

ombz

I have to compliment Nintendo's customer service. They were very helpful in allowing me to download the ambassador games on my new 3DS after I lost my old one (which happened about four months ago and still hasn't turned up).

Zero148

I think it is possible that some of the NES games are released as 3D Classics (as all of the 3D Classics up to date were old NES games made in 3D). For the GBA games i don't know. If I remember correctly Nintendo has no official plans to add GBA games to the 3DS Virtual Console service, but I personally believe someday they will be awayable with all VC features. It would be logical, no high costs and easy money for Nintendo.

Tyeforce

I think it is possible that some of the NES games are released as 3D Classics (as all of the 3D Classics up to date were old NES games made in 3D). For the GBA games i don't know. If I remember correctly Nintendo has no official plans to add GBA games to the 3DS Virtual Console service, but I personally believe someday they will be awayable with all VC features. It would be logical, no high costs and easy money for Nintendo.
The Ambassador NES games won't be remade as 3D Classics, they'll just be updated with all the proper Virtual Console features like save states, etc.

ombz

How did you manage that? I had a similar situation and they told me they couldnt unless i filed a police report saying that it was stolen even though it had gotten lost

I'm not even joking

They told me the same thing (I don't understand why anyone would file a police report for losing a handheld), but I gave them plenty of other information such as the original serial number, credit card information, etc.

Zero148

The Ambassador NES games won't be remade as 3D Classics, they'll just be updated with all the proper Virtual Console features like save states, etc.

But are they downloadable at the e-shop for everyone in the future? I know that Nintendo wants to update the ambassador games for the ambassadors. But the only NES games at the regular e-shop are 3D Classics, so i thought if the ne game come to the e-shop, then in 3D.

Tyeforce

But are they downloadable at the e-shop for everyone in the future? I know that Nintendo wants to update the ambassador games for the ambassadors. But the only NES games at the regular e-shop are 3D Classics, so i thought if the ne game come to the e-shop, then in 3D.
Outside of Japan that may be the case, but in Japan there have already been three NES games released, two of which being updated Ambassador games (Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda, the other non-Ambassador game being Punch-Out!!). Nintendo said that they would be updating all of the NES Ambassador games like this, not as 3D Classics. All of the NES games will be available to everyone in the future, as they're already starting to become available in Japan, but as normal Virtual Console games, not 3D Classics.

CLEEK

Almost 30 hours in, and I've had to give up at the final point of Fire Emblem. I can clear the last stage and take down Lyon without casualties, but the Demon King can one-hit kill all but two of my 12 man squad. Which means, despite 5 attempts over the last few days, I get wiped out in a couple of rounds.

Reading FAQs on it, and they're no help, telling me to use magic I don't have for classes I didn't choose.

Shame, as I loved it up until this point. The last boss has ruined the game for me.

tsab

Twisted is IMO the very best. My absolute favorite GBA game. Touched was a disappointment, though good.

We need a Warioware Twisted for 3DS ASAP! Europe must know this game
I had to import it on GBA because there is a mercury ban on electronics (wario ware twisted used mercury for the gyro)

Gladly would play for a working GBA port on 3DS for 8€/10$

Almost 30 hours in, and I've had to give up at the final point of Fire Emblem. I can clear the last stage and take down Lyon without casualties, but the Demon King can one-hit kill all but two of my 12 man squad. Which means, despite 5 attempts over the last few days, I get wiped out in a couple of rounds.

Reading FAQs on it, and they're no help, telling me to use magic I don't have for classes I didn't choose.

Shame, as I loved it up until this point. The last boss has ruined the game for me.
Yep. it's a fun game that really gives you the feeling that you're running an actual army. Unfortunately, it suffers from some sloppy writing and frustrating, often unexplained, game mechanics.

Really though, my biggest beef (apart from having no recourse for losing a unit apart from restarting a mission) is how incredibly useless most of your units are at the start of the game. I played like I was commanding a real army (no restarts), so it meant losing some key units very early on.

But yeah, if your game turns resetting into an actual game mechanic, you have done it wrong.

Zero148

I played only one hour of Fire Emblem up to this point, but I think it is safe to say that the game has nothing in comon with the Pokemon game except the leveling. It's a strategic RPG, so more like advance wars.

M3d10n

How did you manage that? I had a similar situation and they told me they couldnt unless i filed a police report saying that it was stolen even though it had gotten lost

I'm not even joking

I think you can file a police report for lost items too. It's a bit silly, but it's a way to make it official.

I have to compliment Nintendo's customer service. They were very helpful in allowing me to download the ambassador games on my new 3DS after I lost my old one (which happened about four months ago and still hasn't turned up).

Same, actually had my 3DS/DSi stolen and they not only restored my 'ambassador status', but gave me credit for all of my eShop purchases on the new 3DS.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's very cool. I don't plan on losing my 3DS any time soon, but it's nice to know that if it does happen I can still play those GBA games on a replacement.

Top Bottom