• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Hidden Gems?

Unicorn

I know it just came out a few days ago, but given how dead the OT is, I'm going to say it's a sleeper game:

Monster Hunter Stories.
H2x1_3DS_MonsterHunterStories1.jpg

It's going to be a GOTY contender for me, up there with BotW and Splatoon 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOdkanrNsM

As a MonHun fan and a Dragon Quest Monsters fan, it gets so much right. It adapts just about every single element of the mainline MonHun games into an RPG aspect in inventive and creative ways. I've only just begun, but the joy I have felt every moment I play has surpassed the initial enjoyment received from BotW. BotW picked up about 8 hours in once I became more established, but a lot of elements didn't feel as fully-fleshed out. Every aspect of MHS so far feels so polished and thought-out. Really, the adaptation of the mainline games to this monster-raising format feels like such a no-brainer. All those people 10 years ago wishing for a Pokemon X MonsHun game... this is fucking it (but inverse). Like, wow. Blows Sun/Moon out of the water too.

Giga Man

Kid Icarus Uprising isn't a hidden gem, but I recommend everybody to try it. I understand the controls can be completely off putting, but give it a chance, try and get used to it, and you'll have the time of your life.

One game that I do think is a hidden gem is a game that wasn't originally a 3DS game, and that game would be Gurumin 3D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsVu1x3j_MA
I haven't gotten even a smidget into it yet (only went through the first stage or whatever), but I already like it. It's really quirky and campy, and just a good laugh all around.

cwistofu

Posting here because I just bought Stella Glow, Shadow Wars, and Shinobi from Gamestop's B2G1 deal today. Looking forward to these! Thanks for the recommendations.

Top Bottom