• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS] Project X Zone: Price & Goodies, Launch date, New Gameplay details, etc.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
HfLd0.jpg

The game sees release on October 11, priced ¥6,280.

New Characters announced

Famitsu.com has posted new screenshots of Project X Zone, showing the new characters that were revealed in Weekly Famitsu this week. As reported earlier, the game's cast now includes Imca (Valkyria Chronicles 3), Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins), Rikiya Busujima (Zombie Revenge), Flynn (Tales of Vesperia) and Devilotte (Cyberbots). View the gallery below for the screens.

The screens also show two original characters, Kogoro Tenzia and Mii Kouryuuji:

D8O4o.jpg

GsiAh.jpg

eiMBD.jpg

3gum9.jpg

jaXsq.jpg

(this was the most innocent one, believe me :lol )

HZggR.jpg

New Gameplay Details

There are a couple of gameplay details in Famitsu's report regarding the mysterious "Solo Units." Thus far, the details we've received on the battle system involve Pair Units -- that is, units formed by two characters. You can also add a Solo Unit to this Pair Unit. During battle, you can use the Solo Unit's skills, and also make the Solo Unit perform a Solo Attack by pressing L.

kZYQy.jpg

2HN4c.jpg

Here's how you can create an attack with five party members. When you perform an attack with the Pair Unit you're currently moving, if another Pair Unit is in the vicinity, you can press R to call the other Pair Unit in for a Support Attack. Press L, and your Solo Unit will also come into the attack, resulting in five character carnage.

Pack details

Here's a bigger pic of the Project X Zone first print run edition that you're going to be forced to get if you buy at launch.

LwLuu.jpg

In addition to the special box, the special package includes two bonus goodies:

A 48-page full color booklet introducing all the various games, complete with promotion illustrations, artwork and more.
The "Crossover Soundtrack CD" with game music from Project X Zone. The CD is apparently filled to the max with music.
This package is just for the game's first print run. Once supplies run out, the game will switch to the software only package. Both versions cost the same, so if you plan on buying Project X Zone, you'll want to buy early.

Other screens

http://andriasang.com/con1p9/project_x_zone_screens/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/28016990.html

A brand new trailer is coming soon, the official site says.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I want this

Me too. I think it can perfectly come over here. There are many characters well known here in the West. They can even modify a bit the cover in order to show other known characters ( Frank West, especially ), and slam on the cover the logos of the three companies involved. Come on, Capcom/Sega/Bandai Namco. Please. :(

StayDead

To anyone importing amiami have an early purchase pre-order bonus.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-3DS-00805&page=top

First production edition "early purchase limited special" bonus:
-"PROJECT X ZONE" character guide and setting materials (48 pages, in full color)
-"PROJECT X ZONE" crossover soundtrack CD
(Game BGM recorded soundtrack CD)

They're usually the cheapest for pre-ordering games for importing and I get everything from them.

TrueBlue

Looks interesting, though I'm still confused by the absence of Pac-Man and Sonic considering the inclusion of Mega Man X.

TreIII

Capcom remembered Mega Man existed and put him in a game o.o

It kind of makes sense that they would want to put the focus on X again. The classic 8-bit series enjoyed its revival period a few years back; now, the next target should be those who grew up with X either during his hey-day in the SNES era or perhaps even more so with the PSX's. Looking at what's been released so far for this game, the X4 throw-backs are especially apparent.

I wouldn't be surprised if those supposed "big plans with the Top Men" involved bringing X back. What I AM surprised is that X is depicted on that cover-art WITHOUT Zero in the same shot.

Soul Beat

This better get overseas, otherwise I'll be a sad panda.

With X's inclusion in the game, this means that X9 is just around the corner, right? RIGHT?

nmanma

I hope it comes here, supposedly the ones making the game have the rights of all the characters in the west (unlike, say, mainline SRW or Jump Ultimate), so there should be no problem there.

If there's a localization costs issue I would be fine with no English dub, worked pretty well with Endless Frontier, and even if that didn't sell that well (;_; Endless Frontier sequel) this has a lot of known faces so I don't think it's likely to flop

On the other hand:
Bamco usually doesn't localize stuff
Capcom is capcom, and this isn't a fighting game
Sega is too poor to localize stuff

Still, I won't abandon hope.

Beth Cyra

It kind of makes sense that they would want to put the focus on X again. The classic 8-bit series enjoyed its revival period a few years back; now, the next target should be those who grew up with X either during his hey-day in the SNES era or perhaps even more so with the PSX's. Looking at what's been released so far for this game, the X4 throw-backs are especially apparent.

I wouldn't be surprised if those supposed "big plans with the Top Men" involved bringing X back. What I AM surprised is that X is depicted on that cover-art WITHOUT Zero in the same shot.

It is increasingly rare to actually see X without Zero at his side.

As it is, the way Capcom has been pushing X and Zero it is actually more surpsing to me that X is in the Main character slot on that picture instead of Zero. That and it really pisses me off that I'm "surprised" over that damn it.

Still day 1 if for no other reason then X.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
New confirmed characters, Reiji and Xiaomu (ugh), Tron Bonne (ugh), and Bahn from Fighting VIPERS!

Capcpom always giving out shitty choices.

Ponn

Banned
They need to port this to U.S. just for the simple hilarity of a VC3 character finally seeing the light of day in the U.S. but on the 3DS.

StayDead

Oh, I missed out another character. Tron Bonne! <3

We may not get Megaman Legends 3, but Tron's life as a crossover character continues and this time finally outside of the MavelxCapcom universe.

lord

Sprite based gaming is best gaming. Such a shame that this will never come out in english :( A made by monolith, sprite based rpg. This is why i want the 3DS to do well in the west, or at least that it carves out a niche for this type of games to be brough over.

DR2K

Banned
I'll put this with Type-0 as games that have no chance in hell of getting a western release but I want.

Artemisia

Banned
This game looks amazing.

Hopefully a miracle will happen and it will be localized. We all though Tatsunoko vs. Capcom would never make it right?

TimeKillr

Maybe Atlus (or XSeed?) has a chance to bring this over here, but I'm still doubtful.

This is why region-locking is horrible: I would import this in a heartbeat. And if it came out here, I'd buy a copy also. :(

I loooooved Endless Frontier, made a few friends fall in love with it too, and was saddened it didn't sell at all. My guess is it was too niche, but this has so many recognizable characters I'd hope it would sell a bit more.

And yeah, no need for a dub - just translate the text and it works. It worked fine in Endless Frontier and it would work here too.

Top Bottom