• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

gerg

Gravijah said:
We lost a good man today. Let us sing the Australian national anthem in his honor!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI

The Australian anthem is surprisingly like a French football chant.

Who'd have known, eh?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
A spokesperson for KeysFactory has told Kotaku that Amano was an employee, but left the company at the end of August. What's more, the spokesperson added that the company has not been informed of the Nintendo 3DS's release date.

Believe!

VOOK said:
i do! i mean, until i have it confirmed that it isn't this year, i think most of the evidence at the very least makes this year plausible.

is a former employee more likely to leak something, or more likely to make something up?

who can say? i don't think him having left the company two weeks ago makes this blatantly wrong, even if it casts doubt over it.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
A spokesperson for KeysFactory has told Kotaku that Amano was an employee, but left the company at the end of August. What's more, the spokesperson added that the company has not been informed of the Nintendo 3DS's release date.
Tomorrow he won't ever have been employed by the company.
Two days from he won't exist.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Busaiku said:
What about Emerald?
It was 3 months before DS in Japan, DS launched in the US 2 weeks before Japan, and Emerald came 6 months later.
What about it? DS US launch window proved a failure with the underwhelming sales it had. Nintendo rushed DS launch because of PSP and the dead situation of GC which slowly but steady took them to red. There isn't a PSP2 this time and Wii gives back a ton of money.

GBA launch model is the one to be repeated not the DS one.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
plagiarize said:
who can say? i don't think him having left the company two weeks ago makes this blatantly wrong, even if it casts doubt over it.
Hardly. It's way easier for me to believe that a guy who's just left Keysfactory would make his post than someone who still worked there. One of the first things I thought after I read his post was, "this guy is just throwing away his job".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Krev said:
Hardly. It's way easier for me to believe that a guy who's just left Keysfactory would make his post than someone who still worked there. One of the first things I thought after I read his post was, "this guy is just throwing away his job".

Left his job. Got cocky. Thought he was untouchable.

Is now living hell.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
It's always a shame when such a well-kept secret as this gets blown by some third party douche. I mean, how awesome would it be if Nintendo dropped the bomb in two weeks, with no one expecting it?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Krev said:
It's always a shame when such a well-kept secret as this gets blown by some third party douche. I mean, how awesome would it be if Nintendo dropped the bomb in two weeks, with no one expecting it?
November 20 for Japan is not a bomb.

Keyouta

Damn, the 3DS looks like a good buy.

I really wish they make the system region free, it's a portable! You take it with you places! However, I know that is wishful thinking.
Sad, because I'm in Japan until June, and if it is region locked, I may have to hold off on buying one unless something crazy awesome releases here for it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'd like to believe we'd get it first, but we've been shit canned since that douche bag uploaded New Super Mario Bros Wii.

VOOK said:
I'd like to believe we'd get it first, but we've been shit canned since that douche bag uploaded New Super Mario Bros Wii.

It's more likely that all regions will get it within a week of each other.

VOOK said:

Just go beat up all your pirates with a koala bear or whatever you aussies use

ILikeFeet

Banned
AceBandage said:
It's more likely that all regions will get it within a week of each other.

that would be nice, but it didn't fall in line with previous system releases. of course that could change, but we don't know.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
AceBandage said:
Nintendo Ninja's: Keeping company secrets through force for 25 years.

Yakuza-sega.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Can someone please please post a summary of whatever latest news just lit a flame under this thread's ass? I can't access Eurogamer or Vook's sites from the office.

farnham

Banned
Mejilan said:
Can someone please please post a summary of whatever latest news just lit a flame under this thread's ass? I can't access Eurogamer or Vook's sites from the office.
Well I believe there will be a nintendo conference soon (End of September) and now rumors are starting to come out of a 2010 release of the DS..

Mejilan said:

Nintendo of Aussieland registered the 3DS and a bunch of 3DS stuff recently, pointing towards a release this year, since every other time they've done this, the system was released just a couple months later.

Mejilan

Ahhh that's a bit better!

farnham said:
Well I believe there will be a nintendo conference soon (End of September) and now rumors are starting to come out of a 2010 release of the DS..
So nothing new then. :(

Sega

Mejilan said:
The latest news is specifically that some trademarks just showed up in the Australian Trademark Database for Nintendo 3DS and 3DSWare. The thing about this, is that if Nintendo is following the same pattern as with Wii and DS, the timing of such trademark filings means that the 3DS will come out in 2 months in Australia. Since Australia is the red headed stepchild to the videogame industry, that bodes very well for a worldwide somewhat-simultaneous release.

Edit: beaten :(

Mejilan

I did notice that Amazon US has at least half of a product page up for the 3DS. It shows up in a search, but clicking it gives me a 404.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mejilan said:
I did notice that Amazon US has at least half of a product page up for the 3DS. It shows up in a search, but clicking it gives me a 404.

It's been that way since E3.

1-D_FTW

Krev said:

I've been expecting it. November 21st (Sunday launch before Thanksgiving) has always seemed like the most logical date. Once they announced the big announcement for Sept. 28th, it seemed like a given. It's possible it's still only Japan for 2010, but I've been anticipating worldwide ever since then.

The lineup may suck, but can it really be any worse than their last couple launches. Pilotwings and Zelda would make it their best launch lineup since N64 for me.

1-D_FTW said:
I've been expecting it. November 21st (Sunday launch before Thanksgiving) has always seemed like the most logical date. Once they announced the big announcement for Sept. 28th, it seemed like a given. It's possible it's still only Japan for 2010, but I've been anticipating worldwide ever since then.

The lineup may suck, but can it really be any worse than their last couple launches. Pilotwings and Zelda would make it their best launch lineup since N64 for me.

I think Kid Icarus is supposed to be a launch title. I'm sure that, Nintendogs, and either Mario Kart or Star Fox 64 3D will be out then.

MidnightScott said:
I think Kid Icarus is supposed to be a launch title. I'm sure that, Nintendogs, and either Mario Kart or Star Fox 64 3D will be out then.
mario kart doesn't feel 'launchy' to me. Zelda maybe, Kid Icarus maybe. remember the DS only launched with a remake of Super Mario 64 and a demo as its only first party offerings.

i'm onboard even if it's just kid icarus.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
MidnightScott said:

It's a Sakurai game; it's going to be delayed to hell and back.

Top Bottom