• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Apparently a designer from keyfactory, who does a lot of accessory work for Nintendo (cases and such), tweeted this recently:
Nintendo-3DS-November-20th.jpg

“On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously. Those of you buying the 3DS, please buy them while you’re at it! This will be officially announced on the homepage eventually, lol. Best regards.”
Its been taken down and replaced with
OIRA is designed to place 20 11 11 3DS product will be released simultaneously for the product.”

Now my source for this is the fan-made Nintendo 3DS blog, so its not exactly the most credible source, but I thought it was worth posting.

Link1110

I hope no games I want for it come out this year (I can't afford it right now.)

Though I'll miss the Japanese launch rush, which is good (I tend to not buy US games anyway because I'd rather study Japamese while I play games.)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope the US release isn't until January or February at the latest since I'll get a phat income tax return check around that time. You guys don't get to start without me.

Xater

Fantasy Final said:
Seems right for Japan. But I'm more interested for a US announcement.

Does it? Isn't that kind of short time for an announcement and then the release? Seems fishy to me. Would be awesome though.

Xater said:
Does it? Isn't that kind of short time for an announcement and then the release? Seems fishy to me. Would be awesome though.

It's no different from what they did with the Wii and DS.

Busaiku

Xater said:
The DS announcement was on September 19 of 2004, it launched in first in the US on November 21, then Japan on December 2.

dvolovets

I don't understand why you guys are anticipating a US release date that's not in line with a Japanese one. The game industry is becoming increasingly global, and it really would not make sense to have US consumers -- who constitute the largest part of the game market -- wait a few months to get their hands on the 3DS.

ymmv

Banned
dvolovets said:
I don't understand why you guys are anticipating a US release date that's not in line with a Japanese one. The game industry is becoming increasingly global, and it really would not make sense to have US consumers -- who constitute the largest part of the game market -- wait a few months to get their hands on the 3DS.

Especially in the busiest shopping month of the year.

WillyFive

Busaiku said:
The DS announcement was on September 19 of 2004, it launched in first in the US on November 21, then Japan on December 2.

Same for Wii as well.

And the US has been getting new consoles before Japan since the DS.

Takao

Banned
Wazzim said:
20 Nov 2010? And I was gonna to buy a PS3 for GT5 in November...but the 3DS is so tempting.. :(

I know I'd buy the console that literally has no games, rather than the one that has a considerable amount.

grap3fruitman said:
While it would be nice, I highly doubt that it would be releasing so close to announcement.
Nintendo has changed from announcing release dates until like two to three months in advance. Entirely possible, but I think it would hit the US at the same time.

dvolovets said:
There's no mention of a 2010 US release. Pretty much every info we got so far was always 2011 for US release.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The_Technomancer said:
No it does, I just had to google it. Twitter search didn't bring it up. That being said, the first quote is still up...
x364gx.png

Either it's fake or Nintendo did a really good job on cleaning up.

BikoBiko

Vinterbird said:
US will be this year. European Nintendo PR told me at gamescom during my 3DS session that it wont be this year for us.
NoE PR is hardly a trustworthy source of information though.

dvolovets

Fantasy Final said:
There's no mention of a 2010 US release. Pretty much every info we got so far was always 2011 for US release.
Aside from Reggie's brief "next year" comment, there hasn't been any mention of a US release date at all. All we've heard is "this fiscal year", which yes, goes up to March 2011...but if Japan is getting it this year, so is the US. For some reason, I'm convinced of that.

Didn't the original DS come out in the US first, anyway?

MadmanUK

I don't think there's a chance in hell that there will be a western release this year.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo will want 1 more Xmas to get rid of old DS stock (would love to see it happen though).

Personally i think it'll be a late Nov/early Dec Japanese launch and Easter everywhere else (apart form Oz where it will be 2015).

Vinterbird said:
US will be this year. European Nintendo PR told me at gamescom during my 3DS session that it wont be this year for us.

Yeah, because a random Nintendo Europe PR knows when the 3DS is gonna launch in Europe...

Sorry, I need to believe!!

Brazil said:
... That leads me to the "page doesn't exist" screen.

Maybe it's on your cache.

It exists for me... and I never went to it before one minute ago.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Didn't they say categorically not until 2011 in the US?

By March 2011 is the only confirmed date we have.
That could mean that it comes out September 30th for all we know.

Xater

Busaiku said:

Shows you how long ago the DS stuff was. I don#t remember any of this. :lol

The Technomancer

AceBandage said:
It exists for me... and I never went to it before one minute ago.
Same. Got a "doesn't exist" when I searched Twitter, and that page when I googled, and I'd never ever been to his page before.

BikoBiko said:
NoE PR is hardly a trustworthy source of information though.

Considering they work for the company making it, and I later got it confirmed again at a retailer 3DS session, makes it somewhat believeable in my ears.

Sega

Brazil said:
... That leads me to the "page doesn't exist" screen.

Maybe it's on your cache.
Weird. I never visited that page before 30 seconds ago, and it works fine for me. I wonder if Twitter's having some weird sporadic outages.

The Technomancer

Sega said:
Weird. I never visited that page before 30 seconds ago, and it works fine for me. I wonder if Twitter's having some weird sporadic outages.
Or the Nintendo ninjas got to it, but didn't get the Google cache, hehe?

Top Bottom