• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Lately it feels kinda dead. Almost every day I would get 1-2 passes while riding the metro, but lately the only passes I get are:

A) Going to Game, 6 passes every time. I'm starting to see the same people over and over. I also have to get inside the store for it to happen, so I'm starting to be worried about them thinking what's that fucker doing every morning and almost never ever buying anything.

B) At home. One neighbour has had a 3DS since Pokémon Sun / Moon. I have max level on his mii for Street Pass Quess and it's like god mode whenever I get him (I will leave the console in suspend just to catch him and advance on Quest II), but the bugger has never ever gone into Puzzle Quest.

I finally completed the national Street Pass map, though. Apart from that, I only have one pass from UK, another from France and a last one from Germany. Maybe I should start carrying the 3DS with me during the summer since we are a touristic destination.

Oresama

I really ended up liking the street-pass feature even though I initially wrote it off.

My hope is that the upcoming Nintendo phone app will integrate it somehow. Much easier & convenient to have my phone track street-pass encounters and have it sync results to my Switch .

Oxx

Considering that Nintendo seem intent to extend the life of the 3DS into 2018, it's even more of a shame that they abandoned the network of relays.

2014 was the hight-point. Grabbing 20-30 a day walking to and from work due to all the Cloud wifi points.

BooJoh

Considering that Nintendo seem intent to extend the life of the 3DS into 2018, it's even more of a shame that they abandoned the network of relays.

2014 was the hight-point. Grabbing 20-30 a day walking to and from work due to all the Cloud wifi points.

I'm not sure Nintendo abandoned relays. My homepass setup is just a router with an "attwifi" SSID and a spoofed MAC address and it still gets 6 people every 8 hours or so, which I'm fairly certain means Nintendo's server are still doing the work swapping those over the internet.

I haven't been by any of the local relays lately (McDonalds, Burger King) but last time I did I got mostly the usual suspects from my town, though some of them seemed to stop going by at some point.

I'm not sure Nintendo abandoned relays. My homepass setup is just a router with an "attwifi" SSID and a spoofed MAC address and it still gets 6 people every 8 hours or so, which I'm fairly certain means Nintendo's server are still doing the work swapping those over the internet.

I haven't been by any of the local relays lately (McDonalds, Burger King) but last time I did I got mostly the usual suspects from my town, though some of them seemed to stop going by at some point.
It's more of a European problem, with valid SSIDs that were in use there actually being removed from the relay list.

Robin64

Europe apparently just got three new panels for Puzzle Swap all at once. Chibi-Robo, Devilish Brain Training, and Picross 3D Round 2.

Sailent

Banned
A couple days ago I went to the medieval fair and I stumbled upon 4 people, 2 girls and 2 guys.

Got to say the fair was CROW-DED, almost 5000 people more or less.

I wonder how this streepass thingy would be in Japan...

Andyliini

In the past few weeks, we here in Europe have been plessed with two more puzzle pieces. First, we got 3D Picross: Round 2 Puzzle, out of the blue. It has 15 pieces, and no pinks, I have no idea when this was released in Japan. And this week, I suddenly streetpassed someone with a piece for Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training. As it is originally from 2013, it has 4 pink pieces, hopefully I can get them from someone.

And here I thought Yo-Kai Watch would be the absolute last. There probably will be pieces for Samus Returns and Mario & Luigi, too.

Top Bottom