• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm curious to know how many people on GAF have actually connected with someone via Streetpass. I plan on taking my 3DS with me when I go around the university tomorrow to see if I can get anyone.

Any funny/cool experiences with the 3DS's new feature? I'm very curious to see if there is any chance of this becoming popular at all in North America. Hopefully we get a lot more games that support this.

Arol

I haven't gotten anyone.

I took it with me to run a couple of errands; the bank, plaza, mall, grocery store and came home but just fulfilled my steps quota for the day.

Hopefully I get at least one person in my area.

I live in the Inland Empire.

Belfast

Got 2, both at the mall. Of course, that's gaming the system a bit, not to mention making multiple, intentional passes by the Gamestop whilst shopping.

Edit: I know it's been stated out there somewhere, but what's the general range on SP again?

Not only did I not run into anyone. But my 2 friends with a 3ds would not show up in the mini games. They showed up on street pass main screen, but not in the games and I never got a notification about them either.

Struct09

I work somewhere where a lot of people have a 3DS, so I can leave my 3DS in sleep mode at my desk and get lots of StreetPass Mii Plaza swaps throughout the day. I've completed a couple of the puzzles, and have played a bit of Find Mii. By far my favorite aspect of the system so far, and I can't wait to bring it somewhere like PAX :D

So, my co-worker and I are sitting next to each other. Both 3ds's have wifi on, streetpass enabled, both are in sleep mode. Yet we can't get our systems to Streetpass. Any tips?

i was pleasantly surprised today in class, i didn't check it until just now, but this afternoon i found 2 people in class and i got a couple of puzzle pieces, too. it was pretty awesome.

NewFresh

DeceitDecide said:
So, my co-worker and I are sitting next to each other. Both 3ds's have wifi on, streetpass enabled, both are in sleep mode. Yet we can't get our systems to Streetpass. Any tips?
Have you gone to the Mii plaza?

Nothing yet...had to run a bunch of errands today, which included stopping in a variety of stores. Was really hoping I would get a hit; I don't think my Street Fighter figures are ever going to get much action in the area I live.

i got four hits working at gamestop tonight. yay! all mii plaza stuff. the guy who came in that had already bought ridge racer didn't know about street pass. hopefully he comes in again sometime soon when i'm working.

Chairhome

Dark Octave said:
Well which one is it? :p

I think the best place would be a mall or a daycare.
... Please don't.

I was thinking if I should try to organize a meet up in my area. If I get desperate, i might...

DeceitDecide said:

Did you do a system update? My systems wouldn't StreetPass until I updated the firmware...once that happened, they've hit every system that's come within 20 feet

crankypants said:
Did you do a system update? My systems wouldn't StreetPass until I updated the firmware...once that happened, they've hit every system that's come within 20 feet

I updated the system when I first got it yesterday (downloaded the firmware update that came with the OK Go video). Is there an additional update I need to get?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
DeceitDecide said:
I updated the system when I first got it yesterday (downloaded the firmware update that came with the OK Go video). Is there an additional update I need to get?
Did your coworker update?

fernoca

plagiarize said:
i got four hits working at gamestop tonight. yay! all mii plaza stuff. the guy who came in that had already bought ridge racer didn't know about street pass. hopefully he comes in again sometime soon when i'm working.
Woohooo!!!! <3!!!

zeioIIDX

I'm gonna try taking mine to Target, Best Buy, and the nearby mall. Hopefully I get at least a couple Miis so I can play those Plaza games.

dallow_bg said:
Did your coworker update?

Yes he did, probably should've specified that before, sorry. I've also tried toggling both our system's Wi-fi on and off, disabling and re-nabling Streetpass from within the Mii Plaza, made sure both our personal Mii's are setup to travel via Streetpass, even tried deleting my Internet Connection settings on my system.

Edit: We exchanged friend codes already, so should we try deleting each other off our friend's list? Thanks for your help in advance...

kunonabi

Went to class and I got one hit on campus. I lost a figure battle in SSFIV and our music compatibility was 9%

Haven't gotten anyone yet, but I was locked away in a lab today at school so I wasn't exactly in the best location. Tomorrow my schedule takes me everywhere, so there is a pretty good chance I could run into someone.

Murrah

Banned
Got one hit at the mall today; surprisingly way more cool and satisfying than I thought it would be, even though I was disappointed he apparently didn't have Street Fighter so I could see the figure fighting thing. Once the weather gets a bit warmer I'll probably start taking it with me whenever I go for walks

Zomba13

When I went into town to buy SSFIV 3D on launch day (my 3DS came early) I picked up 2 people. I apparently met them at the same time so I assume they were both 3DSs of the game employees. A drew and a Dave. One apparently likes my mum.

wwm0nkey

So far have only been able to street pass with my sister 3 times so at least that helps in the RPG.

Hopefully when I get my new job at GameStop I run into more people.

Izayoi

Banned
Stormwatch said:
What are you guys carrying your 3DS around in? It's not exactly small enough to fit in a pants pocket.
Uh... What kind of pants do you wear? Fits in mine just fine.

Stormwatch said:
What are you guys carrying your 3DS around in? It's not exactly small enough to fit in a pants pocket.
How tight are your pants?

I'm a slender guy and mine fits in my pocket just fine.

I got a guy at Target just before. I ran upstairs to show my wife cause she was saying I'd never get anyone earlier. LOL

I also got my buddy when he stopped by my work and his firmware wasn't updated, but mine was.

Zomba13

dallow_bg said:
Has everyone who got a successful Streetpass updated?
Anyone on the stock FW and do it?
Updated and made sure streetpass was enabled. Check the system settings or the mii plaza options.

Top Bottom