• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Croc

Banned
I just streetpassed my first person from Japan yesterday, while on the drive from my parents house to my apartment (1 hour and 30 minute drive).

SO many pink puzzle pieces and I had to choose just one. ;(

Tyeforce

I was just talking about the Pikmin Puzzle Swap diorama in the Wii-U thread and it made me wonder...

has anyone here completed any of the newer Puzzles with the pink pieces yet? I have almost completed the Donkey Kong Country and Ocarina of Time 3D puzzles but I don't yet have any pink pieces for either!
I just finished my last panel (Super Mario 3D Land) yesterday! All of the new one are great.

massoluk

Banned
I keep forgetting what the color shits mean on my miis to fight this boss

I love going to NYC I get so many streetpasses
3AQmK.gif

Living in Jersey City and working in NYC, At least 4 Streetpass guaranteed everyday by the time I got home from work. Bonus - working near Wall Street Bull, also get streetpass from a foreigner at lease once every 2 weeks.

this sux I hired 10 cats last night to beat the boss but he only had like 1% health left it took 2 to kill him... I hate wasting heroes

8 wasted... it would be nice if they could have stayed around for me to start over :|

oh I had 4 white shirts on that team
3AQmK.gif

IrishNinja

20 streetpasses here in miami so far, hoping either the vita launch next week or this demo event at the beach they got going will help fill out a bit! i should really go around the nearby university, heh.

is the range impacted at all by cases? im keeping mine in my pocket but id rather have it in a case, kept in a messenger bag, where the games are - no way of knowing how that'd affect it though.

IrishNinja

tested it today, and got no streetpasses in my bag. took it out, put it in my pocket, no passes in my apt either.
INCONCLUSIVE.

Bullza2o

I was just talking about the Pikmin Puzzle Swap diorama in the Wii-U thread and it made me wonder...

has anyone here completed any of the newer Puzzles with the pink pieces yet? I have almost completed the Donkey Kong Country and Ocarina of Time 3D puzzles but I don't yet have any pink pieces for either!
I've only gotten a pink piece from one streetpass tag, whose country is Japan. So do we have to tag other countries/region to get more pink pieces?

I went to the Chicago Auto Show last Saturday and got 4 tags, but only 3 were available for the SP Mii Plaza :\ It sucks when they don't enable SP for it.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm kind of surprised how many streetpases I get. When I get home after coming home from work, I get at least 1 streetpass. One time I got 7.

Salaadin

My mii looks like an idiot in white. I can only sport red or blue without looking like a total dork.
I guess it doesnt help much that the Mii face scan thing made me look weird but I thought he was oddly funny so I kept it.

I cant find anything solid on this but how many times do I have to go through Find Mii 2/Secret Quest to get all the hats? I did Find Mii 2 three times and am currently on the final encounter of Secret Quest.

I've only gotten a pink piece from one streetpass tag, whose country is Japan. So do we have to tag other countries/region to get more pink pieces?

I went to the Chicago Auto Show last Saturday and got 4 tags, but only 3 were available for the SP Mii Plaza :\ It sucks when they don't enable SP for it.

It's funny... straight after mentioning this the other day, I went to a music shop in Bristol to buy some guitar strings and got a tag in there with my first pink piece in. He had a few to choose from actually, I picked an Ocarina of Time 3D piece, because that's the closest to being complete.. next up DKC puzzle!

I like that you can re-hire friends in Streetpass Quest two... if you've streetpassed a friend or two more than twice, they'll be level 3+ and quite powerful. Being able to hire a hero from your miis means you can pick a colour when you really need one to break a shield or douse an enemy with water or whatever...

NFreak

I've been getting streetpasses during my college classes constantly. There's somebody I streetpass every day, who I am assuming is in one of my classes, who keeps getting a crap ton of new puzzle pieces every day. He has almost every single pink piece. Almost everyone I've streetpassed here has the pink pieces for the Pilotwings puzzle which I've finished.

On another note, I just got a streetpass while at home from someone who was from Anguilla.... I didn't know where that was until I looked it up.

bluehat9

There's no way to send a message to people you streetpass with, is there? I've apparently run into the same person three times, all in different places, over the last month. I want to know who's following me.

craker

I actually have every pink piece. I do live in Japan though, so maybe they are easier to get here. You'd be surprised at how many people haven't updated their 3DS over here. You can always tell who they are as they have none of the newer puzzle pieces

There's no way to send a message to people you streetpass with, is there? I've apparently run into the same person three times, all in different places, over the last month. I want to know who's following me.

Everyone should change their greeting to their friend code!

If you're passing them regularly you can set a personal greeting after the 2nd or 3rd time... so you could suggest in that msg that you add each other?

Bullza2o

It's funny... straight after mentioning this the other day, I went to a music shop in Bristol to buy some guitar strings and got a tag in there with my first pink piece in. He had a few to choose from actually, I picked an Ocarina of Time 3D piece, because that's the closest to being complete.. next up DKC puzzle!

I like that you can re-hire friends in Streetpass Quest two... if you've streetpassed a friend or two more than twice, they'll be level 3+ and quite powerful. Being able to hire a hero from your miis means you can pick a colour when you really need one to break a shield or douse an enemy with water or whatever...
Oh that's a really helpful feature, but I'm still stuck on SP Quest I round 2 :\

I've been getting streetpasses during my college classes constantly. There's somebody I streetpass every day, who I am assuming is in one of my classes, who keeps getting a crap ton of new puzzle pieces every day. He has almost every single pink piece. Almost everyone I've streetpassed here has the pink pieces for the Pilotwings puzzle which I've finished.

On another note, I just got a streetpass while at home from someone who was from Anguilla.... I didn't know where that was until I looked it up.
I've only gotten tags twice in my university, the only time I get 2 or 3 tags is at the train station in Chicago.
I was about to say "Do you mean Angola?" until I searched it myself. What an interesting little island I never heard of before!

massoluk

Banned

If you're passing them regularly you can set a personal greeting after the 2nd or 3rd time... so you could suggest in that msg that you add each other?

May have to do this.
StreetPass the same guy 15 times now in my daily commute to work, I'm curious now who the hell is he.

RetroMG

Been carrying my 3DS around Disney World this week. Averaging about 10-15 passes per day, depending on how often I check the plaza to clear them out.

Rootbeer

Banned
My very slow tread towards completing all puzzles and Find Mii continues. I got 3 streetpass hits from japanese tourists today. Man it's hard for me to get hits... I'm starting to believe I'll never be able to finish Find Mii cause I don't have any high level Miis to use for the later battles.

OMG Aero

My very slow tread towards completing all puzzles and Find Mii continues. I got 3 streetpass hits from japanese tourists today. Man it's hard for me to get hits... I'm starting to believe I'll never be able to finish Find Mii cause I don't have any high level Miis to use for the later battles.

The best way to complete Find Mii is to find a store that has a 3DS demo unit and then just go inside whenever you are nearby.

The only way I managed to beat Find Mii 1 is because the supermarket near me had a 3DS demo unit so eventually I'd get a max level Mii whenever I went to do the shopping.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Streetpassed two guys from japan yesterday (happens pretty frequently in düsseldorf...aka. Littel japan in germany) and finally got pink puzzle pieces.

on a diffrent note: what to do against enemies with a black and white-striped shield?? I've tried to attack the shield with a combo attack of a black and a white shirted mii...no dice!

You need to team a white mii with a black mii. No one wears white where I live, so I've always been stuck on those.

That's a good idea. I wish that they would let you just add friends with someone you meet more than once though.

jercruz

question: if I have all the non-pink pieces, does that mean if I use coins I'll only be getting only duplicates or i won't be able to use coins anymore?

SmithnCo

You get the key when you beat it twice, iirc.

Yeah, that's right. The hat you get in that room is pretty sweet.

I just looked at a hat guide, holy crap
you need a ton of playthroughs on the secret quest to get the really good hats.
Makes me wish these hats actually showed in anything besides streetpass.

DTJAAAAM

Anyone going to MegaCon this weekend in Orlando? I've been slacking on StreetPass tags lately, so hopefully that will give me the boost I need.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I've been trolled.

Got a green light only to find that only 3DS Sound was the only app with streetpass data. Hardly anyone uses this for streetpass yet this individual apparently uses only that. Your listening habits are not going to complete my puzzle panels mate!

I think I've been trolled.

Got a green light only to find that only 3DS Sound was the only app with streetpass data. Hardly anyone uses this for streetpass yet this individual apparently uses only that. Your listening habits are not going to complete my puzzle panels mate!

I've yet to get a music streetpass :/

SmithnCo

I've streetpassed around 500 times and still nothing for the music app either, lol. Apparently few people use it or go check the streetpass option for it. Shame because it has the potential to be one of the cooler things to streetpass.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So over the weekend I went on a massive walk around London. Part of the route was Victoria Station -> Buckingham Palace -> Big Ben Via St James' Parks -> London Eye. With the amount of tourists I walked past I expected at least one Streetpass, but I got zilch from them. Tourists of London, what's wrong with you?

Luckily I managed to get six later on in the day. The final one had me as their first ever streetpass. Lucky them.

Top Bottom