• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

massoluk

Banned
Yes, you can! You just can't use the same batch of Miis in both games. You have to choose either Find Mii or Find Mii II each time, but you can be playing both.

Oh my, I've been doing it wrong. But still, why would you be playing Find Mii and Find Mii 2 at the same time. Considering you need to finished Find Mii to unlocked Find Mii 2.

Tyeforce

Oh my, I've been doing it wrong. But still, why would you be playing Find Mii and Find Mii 2 at the same time. Considering you need to finished Find Mii to unlocked Find Mii 2.
Well, you might want to go back and play Find Mii again so you can get all the Accomplishments from playing it. There are some Accomplishments that you can only get from the original Find Mii. The benefit to playing both at the same time is that if you get a batch of Miis that won't do you much good in one game but will in the other, you can just use them on the game that they'll be better in! Say you're stuck in a poison gas room in Find Mii II but you only have a light blue shirt Mii, but in Find Mii you're stuck at an enemy with a light blue shield. Instead of making that Mii go to waste, you can use it in the original Find Mii.

Chopper

Well, you might want to go back and play Find Mii again so you can get all the Accomplishments from playing it. There are some Accomplishments that you can only get from the original Find Mii. The benefit to playing both at the same time is that if you get a batch of Miis that won't do you much good in one game but will in the other, you can just use them on the game that they'll be better in! Say you're stuck in a poison gas room in Find Mii II but you only have a light blue shirt Mii, but in Find Mii you're stuck at an enemy with a light blue shield. Instead of making that Mii go to waste, you can use it in the original Find Mii.
You are truly the king of Streetpass sir.

wrowa

Can someone explain Find Mii to me? :lol

I think I'm missing something. Is there a way to prevent my heroes from running away or being exhausted after a single attack? And how do I level my heroes? I reached the part in the game where I need to have a level 2 heroe in order to even damage the enemies, but I've never even once encountered a Mii that was above level 1. So, how do I level them?

Chopper

I think I'm missing something. Is there a way to prevent my heroes from running away or being exhausted after a single attack? And how do I level my heroes? I reached the part in the game where I need to have a level 2 heroe in order to even damage the enemies, but I've never even once encountered a Mii that was above level 1. So, how do I level them?
Sorry dude. You're not missing anything. They attack, they leave. The only way to level them is to use actual Streetpass Miis that you have met more than once. The max level is seven. My advice? Hoard play coins and play once a week.

Edit: You should be getting Level 2 players at random. Failing that, try magic.

Wiz

Heroes become exhausted and turn back after doing one attack. The only way to level your heroes is to keep encountering the same Mii through Street Pass. Every time you encounter the same Mii, it levels up by one level.

I'm lucky that I go to a big University, so I get Street Passes pretty much everyday when I'm around campus.

Chopper

Heroes become exhausted and turn back after doing one attack. The only way to level your heroes is to keep encountering the same Mii through Street Pass. Every time you encounter the same Mii, it levels up by one level.

I'm lucky that I go to a big University, so I get Street Passes pretty much everyday when I'm around campus.
That is cool. I'm very lucky to get one in the city where I live. Trips to London net between 5 and 10, but I rely on coins to get me through Find Mii. I'm currently on my second play through of Find Mii 2. Is it different routes that unlock hats, or is it just repeated playthroughs?

Struct09

That is cool. I'm very lucky to get one in the city where I live. Trips to London net between 5 and 10, but I rely on coins to get me through Find Mii. I'm currently on my second play through of Find Mii 2. Is it different routes that unlock hats, or is it just repeated playthroughs?

Both.

wrowa

I'm getting quite a lot of Streetpasses on my way to university, but so far I've only met one Mii twice. So, yeah, that way it's pretty tough to play Find Mii further :x

I love the concept of the Streetpasses, though. When I bought my 3DS at launch I tried taking my 3DS with me for a few days but never met anyone. Later I didn't even try anymore, because I thought that Streetpass is pretty useless anyway. And now, after I've started taking the 3DS with me again last month, I really like it. I love looking at my Streetpasses at the end of the day, get new puzzles etc. I hope they'll further expand the concept in the upcoming 3DS updates. It's pretty much the best 3DS feature to me.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm getting quite a lot of Streetpasses on my way to university, but so far I've only met one Mii twice. So, yeah, that way it's pretty tough to play Find Mii further :x

I love the concept of the Streetpasses, though. When I bought my 3DS at launch I tried taking my 3DS with me for a few days but never met anyone. Later I didn't even try anymore, because I thought that Streetpass is pretty useless anyway. And now, after I've started taking the 3DS with me again last month, I really like it. I love looking at my Streetpasses at the end of the day, get new puzzles etc. I hope they'll further expand the concept in the upcoming 3DS updates. It's pretty much the best 3DS feature to me.

I think Streetpass makes Animal Crossing a potential killer app for myself (I have only owned the original Gamecube one).

Raptomex

I street passed with more people from around the world when I was in Vegas. I usually just street pass with people who live in the state around my home.

Tyeforce

Amazing. Unlocking all those hats is a hell of an achievement. Is there a gaffer who's done it yet?
I have! XD Finally completed every Puzzle Swap panel and got every Find Mii hat earlier this month. And hardly any Play Coins were used in the process, lol. Now all I have left to do is knock out those Accomplishments! .__.

Somnid

So glad people at Anime club have finally started getting 3DSs. Now I'm good for 3-6 Street Passes a week.

I refuse to use play coins except 2 mercenaries per each street pass group. None for puzzles. Finally completed my first panel the other day about 75% done with run one of Find Mii.

Chopper

I have! XD Finally completed every Puzzle Swap panel and got every Find Mii hat earlier this month. And hardly any Play Coins were used in the process, lol. Now all I have left to do is knock out those Accomplishments! .__.
Like I said, the king of Streetpass. Seriously. You should have a tag.

And good luck with those achievements! Met a Special Mii ten times?! I probably can't even see the hardest ones. How close are you?

Also, how do you do over 50 damage in a single turn?!

Tyeforce

Like I said, the king of Streetpass. Seriously. You should have a tag.

And good luck with those achievements! Met a Special Mii ten times?! I probably can't even see the hardest ones. How close are you?

Also, how do you do over 50 damage in a single turn?!
Haha, thank you! And by how close am I do you mean how close am I to completing all the Accomplishments? I think I have 52 out of 70-something, so still a little ways to go. Unfortunately most of the Accomplishments that I still need are crazy impossible, lol. I don't know if I'll ever get the special Miis ones, the one for getting StreetPasses from every region in your country. And the one for StreetPassing 5 female Miis in a row, lol.

For the over 50 damage one, I haven't got it yet, but I think you have to have all high level Miis and use magic to increase their strength and/or get critical hits, and it has to be on an enemy with at least 50 HP of course (I don't know if anything but the Ultimate Ghost has that much in Find Mii).

You can spread the damage across multiple enemies if your attack kills the first enemy. I got the achievement in Find Mii 1 using a max level Mii in a 2-enemy room; I got lucky with Criticals.

Croc

Banned
Has anyone else experienced getting streetpass data for a game from someone, but not actually streetpassing them? After I got back from class today I had the green light on my 3DS and was excited to see because I'm almost done with my second round of Find Mii. I open up my 3DS but there's no notification on the Mii plaza, just on Mario Kart. So I open up Mario Kart and there was new data for someone in my streetpass list who I have never actually streetpassed.

Murkas

Has anyone else experienced getting streetpass data for a game from someone, but not actually streetpassing them? After I got back from class today I had the green light on my 3DS and was excited to see because I'm almost done with my second round of Find Mii. I open up my 3DS but there's no notification on the Mii plaza, just on Mario Kart. So I open up Mario Kart and there was new data for someone in my streetpass list who I have never actually streetpassed.

This has happened to me, I think that happens when you streetpass someone, get their Mario Kart data but then you yourself don't load up Mario Kart and fully receive his/her mii. So you loaded up Puzzle Swap/Find Mii but not the game that is Streetpassable, so the system reminds you that you have streetpass data but it's only Mario Kart.

So maybe you did meet this person a while back but didn't load Mario Kart at the time?

Tyeforce

Yes, it's happened to me many times. Sometimes, for whatever reason, not all StreetPass data carries over. Or the other person may have maxed out their StreetPass tags in a certain title which is why you couldn't get it. But I know for a fact that sometimes certain data just doesn't transfer, even if both of you have StreetPass activated and don't have your StreetPass tags maxed out. Maybe the connection is cut short by interference or something?

But this is why you should always activate Invite Mii! If that happens to you, and say you get someone's Mario Kart 7 StreetPass data but not their StreetPass Mii Plaza StreetPass data, then Invite Mii will take their Mii from Mario Kart 7 and put it in your StreetPass Mii Plaza anyway. You can't use them in Puzzle Swap or Find Mii, but you still have another Mii in your Plaza which is always good!

This happens to me way too often and it's annoying :/

Croc

Banned
Yes, it's happened to me many times. Sometimes, for whatever reason, not all StreetPass data carries over. Or the other person may have maxed out their StreetPass tags in a certain title which is why you couldn't get it. But I know for a fact that sometimes certain data just doesn't transfer, even if both of you have StreetPass activated and don't have your StreetPass tags maxed out. Maybe the connection is cut short by interference or something?

But this is why you should always activate Invite Mii! If that happens to you, and say you get someone's Mario Kart 7 StreetPass data but not their StreetPass Mii Plaza StreetPass data, then Invite Mii will take their Mii from Mario Kart 7 and put it in your StreetPass Mii Plaza anyway. You can't use them in Puzzle Swap or Find Mii, but you still have another Mii in your Plaza which is always good!

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. I think I must already have that activated then, cause I checked my plaza and he was there, but I couldn't use him for anything.

Tyeforce

On the subject of accomplishments, anyone managed to get a full list of what they all are yet?
Here's a list of everything I know:

1. 1st StreetPass tag with a Special Mii.
  2. 10th StreetPass tag with a Special Mii.
  3. Met five male Mii characters in a row in one trip to the plaza gate.
  4. Met five female Mii characters in a row in one trip to the plaza gate.
  5. Met the same Mii 10 times.
  6. Collected 100 StreetPass tags in one day.
  7. Met Mii characters via StreetPass five days in a row.
  8. Met Mii characters via StreetPass 10 days in a row.
  9. First StreetPass tag in a while.
  10. First StreetPass tag in AGES.
  11. Met a Mii on his or her birthday.
  12. Got a “fantastic” rating.
  13. Got 10 “fantastic” ratings.
  14. Got 50 “fantastic” ratings.
  15. Got 100 “fantastic” ratings.
  16. Met Mii characters from a total of two different regions.
  17. Met Mii characters from a total of three different regions.
  18. Met Mii characters from a total of five different regions.
  19. Met Mii characters from a total of 10 different regions.
  20. Met Mii characters from a total of 20 different regions.
  21. ???
  22. ???
  23. Met Mii characters from every region in your country.
  24. Met Mii characters from a total of two different countries.
  25. Met Mii characters from a total of three different countries.
  26. Met Mii characters from a total of five different countries.
  27. ???
  28. Met three in a row, all in one go, who used the same software last.
  29. Received a personal greeting.
  30. 1st StreetPass tag.
  31. 10th StreetPass tag.
  32. 50th StreetPass tag.
  33. 100th StreetPass tag.
  34. 500th StreetPass tag.
  35. 777th StreetPass tag.
  36. 1,000th StreetPass tag.
  37. 2,000th StreetPass tag.
  38. ???
  39. ???
  40. ???
  41. ???
  42. ???
  43. ???
  44. ???
  45. ???
  46. Plaza population reached 10.
  47. Plaza population reached 50.
  48. Plaza population reached 100.
  49. Plaza population reached 500.
  50. Plaza population reached 1,000.
  51. ???
  52. ???
  53. Got three identical Puzzle Swap pieces in a row with Play Coins.
  54. Completed a Puzzle Swap panel.
  55. Completed five Puzzle Swap panels.
  56. Completed seven Puzzle Swap panels
  57. Completed 10 Puzzle Swap panels.
  58. Made it through a room in Find Mii.
  59. Missed with a sword attack three times in a row in Find Mii.
  60. Dealt over 50 damage in a single turn in Find Mii.
  61. Broke through a yellow shield in Find Mii.
  62. Broke through a light-blue shield in Find Mii.
  63. Made it through a dark room in Find Mii.
  64. Completed Find Mii.
  65. Completed Find Mii twice.
  66. Completed Find Mii five times.
  67. ???
  68. Completed Find Mii with 30 or fewer characters.
  69. Made it through a dazzling room in Find Mii II.
  70. Made it through a fiery room in Find Mii II.
  71. Made it through an icy room in Find Mii II.
  72. Made it through a poisonous room in Find Mii II.
  73. Broke through a shadowlight shield in Find Mii II.
  74. Completed Find Mii II.
  75. Completed Find Mii II’s secret quest.
  76. Completed Find Mii II’s secret quest twice.
  77. Completed Find Mii II’s secret quest five times.
  78. Completed Find Mii II’s secret quest 10 times.

Tyeforce

#10 is First StreetPass tag in AGES.
Ah, thanks, I actually remember my friend getting that Accomplishment. It's not visible on my Accomplishment list though. I haven't even been able to get #9 because I get StreetPass tags every single day.

Croc

Banned
Ah, thanks, I actually remember my friend getting that Accomplishment. It's not visible on my Accomplishment list though. I haven't even been able to get #9 because I get StreetPass tags every single day.

No problem.

I completely forgot about bringing my 3DS to class with me the first quarter and a half of classes here, so the first day I brought it with me I got that accomplishment. And since it was so long that I didn't bring it with me I have no idea how long "AGES" is.

Robin64

If you're in the UK, anywhere near Birmingham and free on March 3rd then you should pop along to the Pokemon VGC event. Last year I got hundreds of StreetPasses and this year I expect more people to have 3DSes. It's a goldmine!

Thoraxes

Oh god, I met a woman who works in a bar through streetpass and i'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow.

This is weird. Took 6 passes.

21. Met Mii characters from a total of 30 different regions.
22. Met Mii characters from a total of 50 different regions.

27. Met Mii characters from a total of ten different countries.

51. Plaza population reached 2,000.

38-45: 3000, 4000, 5000...up to 10000 Street Pass tags. (I'm only up to 2500 myself. Know someone with 5000 though.)

52: Plaza Population has reached 3000. (It stops counting at that point and just notes 3000+)

68 is plain old Find Mii 10 times.

9 requires 10 days of no tags, 10 requires 30 from my understanding. I figure you can date cheat, but I haven't tried it myself.

Working on my fifth run of Secret Quest, as well as my 30 Mii run of Find Mii 1. I need more play coins. >_<

Fun tip: Mii you hire in Find Mii 2 can be retroactively used in Find Mii 1, so if you've got a good population, you should be able to wrangle the 30 Miis without too much trouble.

IrishNinja

Oh god, I met a woman who works in a bar through streetpass and i'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow.

This is weird. Took 6 passes.

haha, this is at least gonna get you a nintendo power subscription somehow.

*Gets streetpass from someone who has 0 puzzle pieces*

You mother fucker...

ugh, the few guys on my floor i streepass are like this. of course the one guy i met that had all the "special" pieces for mario land 3DS image, i can never find again.

Thoraxes

Keep us posted!
Holy shit, are you serious? That's....awesome? Show us her Mii so that we can see how hot she is!
haha, this is at least gonna get you a nintendo power subscription somehow.
I hope your Mii was dressed up in something classy like a top hat.
Gotta make a good first impression.

I'm going into this not expecting anything, but still it's funny to me is all, heh.

http://imgur.com/aeGmM

Top Bottom