• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Lausebub

Banned
For the first puzzles (all blue pieces) it doesn't really matter. You can use Nintencoins to buy pieces and help complete the puzzle but it's completely random, so there's no "correct" way to start building the puzzle. Just pick any piece you want.

For the later puzzles, however, purple pieces take priority over everything. If you run into someone who has a purple piece of whatever puzzle, take that one. Who knows if anyone else has that piece or if you will ever run into that person again.

I also try not to use coins if I have puzzles that are almost complete and know someone who has these pieces.

Epcott

Wow, you guys are making progress.

I've had my 3DS since launch and I've yet to complete one puzzle. I'm still working on the last room of the first dungeon as well. So sad.

I took my 3DS, and walked with it in sleep mode around the campus of MICA in downtown Baltimore, Friday. Did not get one single street pass or Mii visitor.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now that you guys mention I didn't receive the Zelda swapnote (but I did receive the Reggie one). What exactly do I have to do to receive it?

Live in Europe. I think it also checks if you have played OoT3D.

I still haven't received the KI puzzle piece. :/

Greymanic

Neo Member
I also try not to use coins if I have puzzles that are almost complete and know someone who has these pieces.

You seem to have the right idea about it already and as Javier said, always aim for the purple/pink pieces. Only point I would add is that if you've any friends, make sure you both get unique pieces because you're never guaranteed to meet most people twice.

Is the Kid Icarus puzzle the only new puzzle?

Seems so, could be an interesting way to market games if they continue to release a new puzzle for most game releases.

olimpia84

Live in Europe. I think it also checks if you have played OoT3D.

I still haven't received the KI puzzle piece. :/

I finally got both. I had to finish the tutorials in order to get the Zelda swapnote and I just got the KI puzzle piece.

BowieZ

Banned
They could so do some Monopoly/AR-Game/SpotPass/StreetPass hybrid competition like McDonald's did with the sticker pieces.

The first person in the world to collect all Monopoly properties wins. (And you can check your progress by using an AR card to see a visual representation of the board and the properties you've collected so far.)

The idea is a very small percentage of people around the world are Spotpassed the rare properties (like the pink puzzle pieces).

Jackano

Blue pieces for KI (sound slike Killer Instinct to me every time I read it. Weird!) puzzle for both jp and eu 3DS systems. :/

I didn't understand teh Zelda swapnote, what tutorials olimpia84 is tlaking about? I played OoT3D but still no note :/

Croc

Banned
Blue pieces for KI (sound slike Killer Instinct to me every time I read it. Weird!) puzzle for both jp and eu 3DS systems. :/

I didn't understand teh Zelda swapnote, what tutorials olimpia84 is tlaking about? I played OoT3D but still no note :/

As you send more messages via Swapnote, you'll get messages from Nikki unlocking new features within Swapnote like date unlocking, stationary, etc.

8bit

Knows the Score
Got the puzzle update and a Kid Icarus piece, however I noticed that Puzzle Pieces could be received over Spot Pass now, which might as I only seem to Street Pass 1 or 2 people per week.

Lausebub

Banned
It would be really cool if Nintendo gave everyone one random piece they don't have yet every week. So people in smaller cities could complete puzzles without spending a fortune on them.

EDIT: Dammit, I thought that I had beaten Find Mii 2, but then there was another enemy. That guy is super strong, you basically need Level 7 (6) Miis to beat that guy. My Level 1 Miis with poison, sleep and ice abilities didn't work on him. He's really though, but I can't wait to get the hat for that guy. I'm sure it looks awesome. Any tips when I'm fightning that dude?

Chopper

It would be really cool if Nintendo gave everyone one random piece they don't have yet every week. So people in smaller cities could complete puzzles without spending a fortune on them.

EDIT: Dammit, I thought that I had beaten Find Mii 2, but then there was another enemy. That guy is super strong, you basically need Level 7 (6) Miis to beat that guy. My Level 1 Miis with poison, sleep and ice abilities didn't work on him. He's really though, but I can't wait to get the hat for that guy. I'm sure it looks awesome. Any tips when I'm fightning that dude?

I beat him entirely with Level 1s and 2s. Just be sure to team them up whenever you can. It'll take you two or three weeks to beat him with play coins.

90sRobots

My neighbor's kids must have a 3DS because I wake up with replenished Toad Houses and bonus levels in SM3L.

Now if I can just find a way to incorporate "HAY CAN YOU ACTIVATE STREETPASS FOR MII PLAZA" into a casual conversation with them.

Javier

My neighbor's kids must have a 3DS because I wake up with replenished Toad Houses and bonus levels in SM3L.

Now if I can just find a way to incorporate "HAY CAN YOU ACTIVATE STREETPASS FOR MII PLAZA" into a casual conversation with them.
The Toad Houses and Bonus Levels refresh every day regardless of StreetPassing. If the Toad House has the face of a Mii, it means you StreetPassed someone, and the prize you get from that house will also be better.

Tyeforce

Did anyone here get a pink piece of the Kid Icarus: Uprising panel? Everyone I know just got a normal piece... ._.

EDIT: Wow, a few posts above me, totally missed that...

Tyeforce

Okay, good, at least some people are getting them, I was getting worried for a bit, lol. Dang, I probably won't have a chance to snag any pink pieces until the Zelda Symphony in April at the earliest... And then at a local convention in May. Really wish I could go to some of these really big conventions like PAX. =/ Oh well, at least I have more pieces to hunt down now. I just completed all the other panels a few weeks ago.

Okay, good, at least some people are getting them, I was getting worried for a bit, lol. Dang, I probably won't have a chance to snag any pink pieces until the Zelda Symphony in April at the earliest... And then at a local convention in May. Really wish I could go to some of these really big conventions like PAX. =/
Lucky I'm a 30 minute train ride away from it :D

20 minute bike ride for me, haha. Excited for it and it will definitely be chaos since it will be my first big event with the 3DS and street passing. I hope to fill all my panels and then some.

In all honestly I'm only going for the streetpasses lol. I mean I will enjoy the stuff there, go to a panel or two but I'm going for the streetpasses. Hats and puzzle pieces are like crack to me lol.

I'm just happy I don't feel the same way about hats in TF2 :p

Tyeforce

In all honestly I'm only going for the streetpasses lol. I mean I will enjoy the stuff there, go to a panel or two but I'm going for the streetpasses. Hats and puzzle pieces are like crack to me lol.

I'm just happy I don't feel the same way about hats in TF2 :p
I'm the same way about events like that, lol. I'll go just for the StreetPasses. I just went to a Japanese festival this past weekend for that reason, haha. (Okay, I would have gone regardless, but I certainly wouldn't have gone both days and stayed as long as I did if it wasn't for StreetPass, lol.) I was hoping to get a bunch of Kid Icarus puzzle pieces on Sunday, but apparently nobody bothered checking their StreetPass Mii Plaza SpotPass in the morning. =/ Either that or they just don't have their 3DSes connected to the Internet, ugh.

Doesn't it get annoying at these events to constantly have to keep emptying your Streetpass queue throughout the day?
NEVER!! When I go to conventions and events like that, I always have my 3DS in my hands and I'm constantly checking my StreetPass Mii Plaza and other StreetPass titles. It's so awesome getting large groups of Miis into your Plaza every few minutes!

5amshift

Banned
I might buy one of those 3DS batteries just for PAX to ensure my 3DS doesn't die.

This is actually a good reason to pick one up. Is the Nyko one still like $10? I'm bringing my charger just in case, and you can go a full day on 1 charge with just street passing and getting puzzle pieces.

Insaniac

I might buy one of those 3DS batteries just for PAX to ensure my 3DS doesn't die.

I just bought the nyko grip/battery for my 3ds, its quite nice, clips on to the back, and acts as a charger for the 3ds battery. Haven't tested it myself but reviews say it lasts about 2.5x times longer on mediocre battery life settings

if anything its a nice portable charger for your 3DS if you don't like using it while its clipped on

Man, I wish I had something like E3/PAX to go to.

That said, the almost monthly anime conventions in Texas tend to be pretty solid for StreetPassing (and they have better eye candy).

Well, that's the point? I wish they would go crazy and make a 200 piece one with 200 tiny pieces to collect. :3

Btw: I wonder if that KI panel was actually sent through spotpass or if it was just unlocked. Wouldn't be surprised if the last firmware update already contained the panel -- which would be a bummer, because then the whole thing wouldn't be as expandable as we originally thought it was.

megalowho

Still my favorite Streetpass experience.

iWNF9V8PbeUeM.jpg

i6pTxgJw4c0Av.jpg

Btw: I wonder if that KI panel was actually sent through spotpass or if it was just unlocked. Wouldn't be surprised if the last firmware update already contained the panel -- which would be a bummer, because that whole wouldn't be as expandable as we originally thought it was.
I suppose it could be either, but the functionality to add content via SpotPass is supposed to be something they can actually do.

Top Bottom