• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They should make a puzzle for the next Smash Bros, but all the new reveals are pink pieces that you can only get from spotpass. The pieces are only released upon their reveal on the Smash Blog.

Just got Shuzo Matsuoka in Street Pass, via Spotpass, special Mii, last game Mario & Sonic @ the London Olympics.

Japanese 3DS

(Dunno what puzzles pieces he has, if any, as I have them all except for the new
KI
one and he said he had no new pieces for me, level 5 in Find Me).

angelfly

Just got Shuzo Matsuoka in Street Pass, via Spotpass, special Mii, last game Mario & Sonic @ the London Olympics.

Japanese 3DS

(Dunno what puzzles pieces he has, if any, as I have them all except for the new
KI
one and he said he had no new pieces for me, level 5 in Find Me).

Like Iwata, he has all the puzzle pieces except for the new one.

So today I went to Paris to show around to my cousin how it is, so I took my 3DS in order to hopefully gain strettpasses, for my puzzles and RPG.
So we went through L'Arc de Triomphe, Les Champs Elysées, Trocadero and Saint-Michel, and took the subway a few times, and I had 10 encounters, and a total of 10 552 steps. One of the Miis was quite rude and another one (female) said which subway line she usually takes (maybe she wants some encounters/streepasses on a regular basis, lol
and based on her Mii I'd totally do her
).

I'm a little disappointed there were only French Mii, and here I thought that with all those Japanese tourists there should be at least one with his/her 3DS, ha ha.

I finally completed the Metroid puzzle and had the Metroid helmet, cool.

The streepass is really awesome, all games should integrate it as part of the experience (imagine, Pokemon 3DS : you would choose which Pokemon you wish to donate/exchange with someone, or make appointements or whether you seek one specific pokemon...the possibilities are broad).

Desiato

I'm loving the Japanese Spotpass hits. I hope this is weekly or something, I can finally make some progress with those damn puzzles then.

Jackano

Who is the special Mii I got on my japanese system? Matsuoka it seems indeed GAF.

I got a 3D image of a dog too. Don't know what teh fuck is this (nintendogs related? The Artist?)

Hey, if there's anybody in the North Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Allen or McKinney areas, I'm trying to get a monthly StreetPass Meetup going. The first shot will be March 31st. Depending on the turnout, I will try to get some Mario Kart 7 and/or Kid Icarus mini-tournaments going. Six or so people showed up on the "official" StreetPass day last year, but that was also when the thing was overpriced and had no games, so I think the potential is there for a good group.

The biggest hurdle will be getting the word spread. If you're in the area, be sure to let other 3DS owners so about it and pass the Twitter and Meetup links around if you can.

Twitter: @StreetPassPlano

Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/Plano/

For those going to PAX East and are interested, check this out:

StreetPass Network: Connecting Nintendo 3DS Gamers

Naga Theatre

Saturday 10:00am - 11:00am

It started with one guy's trip to Japan. Now it's a worldwide phenomenon! Hear the true story behind StreetPass Network, see how it's connecting Nintendo gamers in unprecedented ways, and learn the surprising influence it's having on Nintendo 3DS game development. (Or just come collect a bunch of StreetPass tags!) Panelists include: Joshua Lynsen [Founder, StreetPass Network and StreetPass DC], Jordan White [Founder, StreetPass NYC], Dan O'Leary [President, n-Space], and Jools Watsham [Co-Founder and Director, Renegade Kid].

SmithnCo

They should make a puzzle for the next Smash Bros, but all the new reveals are pink pieces that you can only get from spotpass. The pieces are only released upon their reveal on the Smash Blog.

Haha, that's actually a cool idea. They'd probably be scared that people would hack it or something. But I guess they could do it in a way where that data isn't even present until the Spotpass update.

Goli

Chilean gaffer here, I have 29 streetpass hits so far. About 8 are from when I went to this stupid meetup with some people which I really hated and I hope I never see them again, because they were all mean, ugly, beer-intoxicated, smelly people.
The rest have been from going to places with my 3DS, I got once when I went to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and when going near game stores (when I went to buy MK7, a small group of people where there, I must have gotten about 7 hits there, afterwards I saw them playing in the food court, lol). There's also this guy I've streetpassed twice, I think it was at a mall. Next time I streetpass him he'll get a special message from me :D.
So far I've completed the Pikmin, Kirby, Twilight Princess, SMG2, Other M and the Mario/Browser statue thingy puzzles, I've beaten Find Mii and Find Mii II once each.
I really love the concept behind streetpass and hope to pass near more gamers :D.

Anteo

Peruvian gaffer here. Here in Lima I've had like 3 or 4 street pass in the street. All the others had been at meetups or from a friend that just got a 3ds. I'm lucky the meetup group is not bad. It's awesome to share data like that, got Revelations and MK data today after a long 7+ players mk7 matches. Though noone I know has any purple pieces. We're never going to finish all the puzzles u.u

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone at or near GDC today? Getting a healthy number of streetpass hits today. Crossing my fingers hoping I streetpass Notch. He was carrying his 3DS last year. No word about this year.

5amshift

Banned
I'm not interested in the Streetpass Network story, I just want the hits. If you just want the hits and don't go, I'm sure the people there will just have their system on during PAX anyways..

Anyone at or near GDC today? Getting a healthy number of streetpass hits today. Crossing my fingers hoping I streetpass Notch. He was carrying his 3DS last year. No word about this year.

I'll be running around with mine... tomorrow. :) Can't wait to get my hands on all your sweet pink bits. Mwahahaha!

Javier

We had a meeting this Sunday at our mall and got plenty of hits and puzzle pieces.

My status on the puzzles:

Original 7 puzzles: All completed.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Fully completed
Pilotwings Resort: Got all purple pieces, but still missing 10 blue ones.
Zelda OoT 3D: Missing one purple piece and four blue ones.
Star Fox 64 3D: Missing all purple pieces and one blue one.
Mario Kart 7: Got two purple pieces, missing 15 blue ones.
Rhythm Heaven Fever: Missing three purple pieces and six blue ones.
Super Mario 3D Land: Got one purple piece, missing 11 blue ones.
Kid Icarus Uprising: Got nothing but four blue pieces.

Puzzle Piece Count: 241/345

As of yesterday, I got all of the pink pieces for Kid Icarus: Uprising. (It was an amusing coincidence. I went up to a convention over the weekend and got two pink pieces, bringing my total up to 4. Head back to Nintendo World and end up having the only pink piece the entire store needs.)

So yeah, PAX East, every puzzle piece. Hope to run into many gaffers there. Also hoping to get the 100 Streetpasses accomplishment while there.

I'm not interested in the Streetpass Network story, I just want the hits. If you just want the hits and don't go, I'm sure the people there will just have their system on during PAX anyways..

Well even if you don't care to go, you should still go to the panel anyway. Almost everyone with a 3DS will have one in place. 10 StreetPass hits per second within an hour, plus, StreetPass Network might have surprises in stored; it's worth checking out.

Shiggie

Its been five day since I picked up my 3DS and I have 32 tags and my population is at 34.
Im loving it a lot so far. I guess it helps that I go to college in NYC and ride the subway to school most days.

Completed the StarFox 64 3D puzzle today!

But I really want to complete the Mario Kart 7 one, but nope, no one in my university has the last 3 pieces I need, and my 3DS keeps giving me duplicate pieces from the coins. Been like that for almost 2 weeks now :/

RAGE.

NeoRausch

super secret streetpass expert mode...but:

IKEA! i tell you guys (and i'm not kidding!) IKEA (and the fucking parkinglot) on weekends is like streetpass heaven....at least here in germany.

O_O

*heads over to IKEA*

Its been five day since I picked up my 3DS and I have 32 tags and my population is at 34.
Im loving it a lot so far. I guess it helps that I go to college in NYC and ride the subway to school most days.

Mind me asking the train you take? Cause it's also where most of my tags come from outside of those planned gatherings.

Today I got a Mii that said to call 911.

If you are in San Francisco, Just walk by GDC this week and you will be overloaded, I did that yesterday and was blown away by my Streetpasses.

Shiggie

Mind me asking the train you take? Cause it's also where most of my tags come from outside of those planned gatherings.

Today I got a Mii that said to call 911.
I take the #4 to the #7 (LaGuardia Community College).
lol @ call 911.

I got 10+ in the Union Square area on saturday so that too.

And do you have room on your friend list? add me:

0001-4154-7751

I take the #4 to the #7 (LaGuardia Community College).
lol @ call 911.

I got 10+ in the Union Square area on saturday so that too.

And do you have room on your friend list? add me:

0001-4154-7751

Wait wait wait, that's passing queensboro plaza no? I use to go to school by there. Hoping to return to college later this year.

Sure it's 3866-8085-1838.

So, I just got my 6 Kid Icarus piece, still no pink one.

Chopper

Fuck yeah! I got a pink Kid Icarus piece in my sleepy town of Chichester this week! I never thought I would get lucky here at home. Normally, I'm lucky if the GAME display unit is powered up, and have to rely on trips to London for passes.

craker

Yesterday I went downtown in Sendai and got all of the pink pieces except for one for the Kid Icarus puzzle. I streetpassed with one guy and he had already completed the whole thing! If you live in Sendai the best place to go is Yodobashi Camera. I got 24 passes there yesterday alone.

olimpia84

Got one hit yesterday at the mall and got the final purple piece I was missing from the Mario Land puzzle. I still need a few regular pieces for that one though but I'm glad I'm done with the hardest part.

BD1

Banned
I was on an international trip to London for the last 6 days, and got 15 tags walking through the city. Being it's a major international city, I had a lot of street passes from around the world. What cracked me up a little was that I had 4 tags from Japanese users and ALL on them were playing Mon Hun.

Shiggie

Wait wait wait, that's passing queensboro plaza no? I use to go to school by there. Hoping to return to college later this year.

Sure it's 3866-8085-1838.

So, I just got my 6 Kid Icarus piece, still no pink one.
yep, one stop after on 33rd street. Good luck, I recently came back to school in the fall. Best decision Ive ever made.

Added you too.

DarkWish

Oh man, that'd be so cool. The possibilities for teasing things on the 3DS are endless with puzzle pieces, Swapnotes, regular SpotPass notifications, Nintendo Video, etc. That'd be awesome if they utilized those things for stuff like this.

Managed to finish all the puzzles this week! Woo!

My favorite part was getting Freakyforms hits. I loved seeing other people's Formees. The bowl of miso was my favorite.

this guy must be in one of my classes 'cause we've met 3 times now...

3ds_suspectltckq.jpg

neoemonk

My launch 3DS had a really annoying problem with it, but I was too lazyto get it fixed. Finally a few weeks ago i realized my warranty was expiring soon and started the process to get it repaired. I sent it in and they fixed, but all my tags and puzzle pieces were gone. I should have fixed the problem right away so it's my fault, but damn.

Chopper

My launch 3DS had a really annoying problem with it, but I was too lazyto get it fixed. Finally a few weeks ago i realized my warranty was expiring soon and started the process to get it repaired. I sent it in and they fixed, but all my tags and puzzle pieces were gone. I should have fixed the problem right away so it's my fault, but damn.

That doesn't sound right man. Have you told them? That's definitely a botch on their part...

Edit: Reposted for new page. Lol.

X5hHL.jpg

Top Bottom