• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Plaza updates (UK/EU?) - new Streetpass DLC available. Nintendo's F2P?

Bundled in with the system update.

You can download Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Battle and Streetpass Mansion. You can get new hats and accessories through these games.

The app is crashing when I go to purchase, though.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
tvix.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I understand, this is only available in Japan & EU at the moment. It doesn't appear to be for the US at the moment.

Updating in the other thread, but:

Got it.

Yup - Mii Plaza makeover. Hold on...

Being prompted to play with all my guests before I see the "makeover". New icon in the plaza for the update. Updating now... taking a wee while.

EDIT:

OK, we're done. New features:

• Two kinds of games in a "bigger" Mii Plaza - ones you've already, plus ones to purchase!
  • We've now got a Shop, and Exchange Booth, a Check for Updates button and a new Play icon, along with a new second screen menu.
  • New games - Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Battle, Streetpass Mansion.
  • New game selection section.
  • Games are bought with real money, as in eShop purchases.
  • Streetpass Squad is like Streetpass Quest. Takes place in space. Battle the Gold Bone Gang. Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Garden. You move in to a house in Leafington and try to become a Master Gardener, under the tutelage of Mr Mendel. Grow flowers and decorate your garden. Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Battle. Game of strategy and luck. Rule a remote country in a wartorn land. Your butler, Wentworth, helps you build an army via Streetpass to battle other generals. Ultimate goal to conquer the world! Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Mansion. Spooky paranormal investigation. You're a detective trying to solve the mystery of a haunted house, helped by your assistant Ella Mentree. You work to uncover truth with the help of people you meet inside. Battle enemies to reach the top floor. Costs £4.49.
  • Combo pack is only available for your first purchase and costs £13.49 (saving of £4.47). Deal only available if you buy all four at first. If you buy one on its own, the rest cost full price.
  • Exchange booth is locked. Clicking on it doesn't do anything yet. You'll need to earn tickets (see below) to use it.
  • No Xenoblade puzzle for me, but I did get a Skyward Sword one.
  • Playing games wins you hats and plaza tickets for achieving certain goals. Exchange these for new Mii accessories. Not available in the StreetPass Quest/Quest II or Puzzle Swap.
  • Get a Pixel Mario hat to commemorate :)

Thorakai

NA have been pushing games a month after everyone else for some reason. I hope this is the case if this leads to more hats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Nintendo Everything:

"In North America, the update adds the ability to back up and save data for 3DS download software and “most” Virtual Console titles. Nintendo also says that the firmware improves system stability and makes minor adjustments."

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's outfits now, not just hats. 172 pieces in all.
Interesting. I wonder how engaging the games are compared to Find Mii. If they're not a big improvement, it's basically little more than microtransactions for new avatar clothes at the end of the day.

It's outfits now, not just hats. 172 pieces in all.

Also, XENOBLADE STREETPASS PUZZLE.

All of this amazing! They have to eventually let us use these outfits on Wii U in the Wara Wara plaza through a connected account.

Annoyed this isn't in North America. Probably going to come Thursday.

DaBoss

Well, you can play Streetpass Quest and Puzzle Swap for free, hence free to play. You buy the packs for Squad, Mansion, Battle and Garden for new games and prizes.

Doesn't seem like F2P then, sounds like StreetPass Mii Plaza now has paid DLC/expansion pack.

Doesn't seem like F2P then, sounds like StreetPass Mii Plaza now has paid DLC/expansion pack.

It's free content that you can pay extra money to unlock extra modes and content. Call it freemium, or whatever, but it's the first time Nintendo has done anything like this.

I thought the F2P game was mentioned among titles to push WiiU hardware?
Anyway, streetpass quests are a nice extra on the system, but I aint gonna pay anything for it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Some people got a new Xenoblade puzzle, but my puzzle was Skyward Sword.

Oh, and I have a Pixel Mario hat.

watershed

Banned
I want to see some videos of these new games. They seem kind of interesting. Maybe I will jump on board whenever they come to the US.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm assuming the outfits are mainly stuff to go with pre-existing hats, like an Mario outfit, Peach's dress, Yoshi costume, etc.

......yet I must know what they are.

One thing that I really want to know about those games: Can I still use existing Miis that I've gotten before similar to Find Mii 2?

Avallon

From all the reports about crashing, it seems they may have accidentally pushed this out ahead of schedule.

Read your 3DS' manual :p

Yeah, just read some stuff about it on the internet. Though I hardly believe that there is big chances that you run by people with StreetPass activated given how few games support this feature.

Still I have to figure out what this new update does now...

Top Bottom