• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS "under review" (temp not being sold direct) at Amazon [Up: Under Review Again]

fernoca

Kuro Madoushi said:
Got mine at ebgames. Loose. Stop being an apologist.
You did noticed that:
1. This thread's from July
2. He wasn't making up things, but agreeing with what the main post which said:
"customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it,"

Before the edit added more info around 6 hours later (back then).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The strange fact is that the sold out started a week and an half ago.
Why so long? I don't understand it.

Mpl90

In the meanwhile, it seems Australia is getting the Pink ( called Lavanda Pink) on 17 November...so, when in Europe and US?
And, above all, when's the Ice White?

LOCK

Amazon hasn't directly sold a 3DS since the beginning of October. Every time I've checked it has only been offered from other sellers.

nickcv

Mpl90 said:
In the meanwhile, it seems Australia is getting the Pink ( called Lavanda Pink) on 17 November...so, when in Europe and US?
And, above all, when's the Ice White?

this!
give us ice white for Christmas!
i need it!

anyhow it's just amazon.com
amazon.it still sells it directly.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Still not in stock. What's up?

EDIT: Looks like same as July
The statement on the page reads: "While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!) We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-withdr...d_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002I096AA

Mpl90

If it's the same ad July, why 3DS is still not directly on sale on Amazon. This is getting a bit strange... Now will it ever come back to sale there? O_O

Mpl90

test_account said:
Another pricedrop incoming?! :p

THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASON!!!!!!!!!!

Naaaah, they would've announced it already today, like last time XD

fernoca

For what is worth, Skylanders for the 3DS had the same message until yesterday. For a moment at the thread, it was assumed that it was because they have the game listed, with the wrong information (has the same info of the console versions, but he game's different). But now is back...but still with the same (and wrong) information.

So, well..who knows what's going on. Nearly every retail/online/etc. place is still selling it; so it seems to be something with Amazon and 3DS stuff; more than an actual problem.

Mpl90

You know what?
Also various SKUs of Wii are in the exact same state...and others have low stocks.
And even DS.
Yeah, Nintendo is punishing Amazon for the Kindle Fire.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kuro Madoushi said:
Got mine at ebgames. Loose. Stop being an apologist.
I want to make a proper response, but I can't even remember the context to the post I made 3 months ago. I think it was "Amazon says product isn't being sold due to being damaged in shipping, maybe, you know, amazon is telling the truth?"

Or are you quoting me 3 months later to make fun of my tag?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Mpl90 said:
You know what?
Also various SKUs of Wii are in the exact same state...and others have low stocks.
And even DS.
Yeah, Nintendo is punishing Amazon for the Kindle Fire.
The only DSi they have in stock is Blue and it has 10 left.

Nintendo pulling out of North America confirmed.

Smellycat

When they say loose top screen, do they mean that it shakes? MY 3DS top screen does that. It shakes a little. It is only noticeable when I move the 3DS forwards/backwards.

The new/used prices are ridiculous, I wonder what's going on.

On the plus side, when the November update hits I plan on replacing my Aqua with a Flame Red, and it's good to see I'll have no problem selling the Aqua model for around $150.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Am I missing something? Was it not on sale on Amazon since November?

Yep, I think longer actually. You could buy it through 3rd party sellers but Amazon itself wasn't selling.

EDIT: I think started in July, was in stock temporarily from the time between July and October (although I believe there were many times where it wasn't in stock) and then from October until now it has pretty much been out of stock the whole time.

Top Bottom