It looks so good.
I could try this "little" thing yesterday. Really nice, specially its feeling-sense of touch.
We recorded this 3DS vs XL video comparison + hands-on impressions:
Oh, and weight felt almost the same to me!
I can sum it up.
- The screens are HUUUGE!
- DS games will get a "third life" on the bigger screen.
- The 3D effect is easier on the eye and nicer to the look.
- The technology behind the 3D might have been improved on the XL model. (To confirm)
- They think there's some kind of "filter" at works here because the pixels appear "rounded."
- "The XL is so much more comfortable to hold than the original 3DS that we have to ask what the hell has Nintendo been doing in R&D with the original model." (Paraphrased)
- The difference might be small, but the buttons felt well placed and of better quality.
- The circle pad appears bigger. (To confirm)
- Surprisingly light for its size.
- 3DS games will gain new life from the XL.
- Speakers and sounds doesn't appear to have improve. (Was in a noisy room, to confirm.)
- The XL is an upgrade on the 3DS from almost every single point.
From Google translate:
- Huge screen
- Better viewing angle
- 3D effect looks better/more effective/more natural
- 2D mode looks better than regular 3DS
- Image looks better/softer (they assume there might be some filter but not sure)
- The grip (round corners) fit nicely
- Unit fits better in hands (they wonder if it should've been the main design in first place)
- Unit is lighter than they expected
- There's a coat in the unit (not fully matte) that gives it a "deluxe plastic imitating metal" look
- Not sure at the sound as the room was quite noisy
From that site:
New french preview here:
- the screen looks good, very good
- while the image looked worse on a DSiXL than on a DSi, it's not the case here. 3DSXL pixels look as defined as on 3DS.
- the screen seems very luminous
- 3D effect is more comfortable and more immediate
- the analog stick is more convenient to use, no need to bend your thumb anymore
It looks so good.