• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS game announced (feat. Ace Attorney, Kirby, MonHun, Touhou)

Famitsu has announced that its 3/10 issue will cover information on a brand new Taiko no Tatsujin game for 3DS, Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure.

aYCKZey.jpg

From the image, we can see that it will have over 70 songs-on cart (with DLC support like the last game), including the following songs:

Anime:
Jinsei Dramatic (Yo-Kai Watch)
Youkai Taisou Daiichi (Yo-Kai Watch)
Warera Omou, Yue ni Warera Ari (Kamen Rider Ghost)
Hard Knock Days (One Piece)
XY&Z (Pokemon XY&Z)
Untaka Dance (Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Nihon Tanjou)
Korokoro Cocotama (Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama)
A Town with an Ocean View (Kiki’s Delivery Service)
QUESTION (Assassination Classroom)

J-Pop:
Nai Mono Nedari
Watashi Igai Watashi ja nai no
Sugar Song to Bitter Step
Himawari no Yakusoku (STAND BY ME Doraemon)
Hikaru nara
Koi Oto to Amazora
360 °(Doraemon: Nobita no Space Heroes)
Silent Jealousy

Vocaloid:
Setsuna Trip (Last Note.)
Happy Synthesizer (Easy Pop)
Lost One no Goukoku (Neru)
Gigantic O.T.N. (Giga-P)
Children Record (Jin)

Variety:
Nameko no Uta
Honnouji no Hen (Egg-splosion)
Night of Nights (Touhou Project Arrange, beatmario)
Cirno’s Perfect Math Class (Touhou Project Arrange, ARM+Yoshimi Tano (IOSYS) feat.miko)
Utakata, Ai no Mahoroba (Touhou Project Arrange, Yuuhei Satellite)

Namco Original:
Sekai wa Itsudemo Mystery
(Name is hard to make out, but sources say the name is) Makai to Linear to Boku
Diet Fighter
Shoutoku Taiko no “Hi Izuru Made Asuka” (Yuuha Kobayashi (IOSYS) feat.miko)
Aka no Senritsu
Shiuryu ~Shiuryu~

Game Music:
Kirby Medley (Kirby’s Return to Dream Land)
Toraberuna ~from Monster Hunter Generations~ (Reo Uratani feat. Nekojou Kati (CV: Reina Ueda))
Ace Attorney Trilogy Medley
(3/30 update:)
Ghosts 'n Goblins Overworld BGM (Remixed by ARM (IOSYS))
Outride a Crisis (Super Hang-On)
Good-bye my earth (Darius Burst)
Rising (Warrior Blade)
Lightning Dance (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune)
NEW WORLD (Synchronica)
AWAKE ~Muscle Mezame no Theme~ (Muscle March)
Dragon Saber Submerged City
DRIVE A LIVE (Idolm@ster SideM)

Classical:
The Busy Danube

(Did the song name identification myself, let me know if I got anything wrong)

Courtesy of Hachima Kikou (via Gematsu), we also learn that this game will have an RPG mode, much like the last 3DS game. In it, Don-chan and company will partake in music battles and solve mysteries.

... and who better to help solve mysteries than the man himself, Phoenix Wright, who will be appearing in the RPG mode as an ally.

Don't have the magazine myself, so maybe there's more info, but that's all the info I've got for now.

mclem

Is "The Busy Danube" an odd translation or is that the official name of a version of The Blue Danube with more of a drum focus?

Is "The Busy Danube" an odd translation or is that the official name of a version of The Blue Danube with more of a drum focus?

The song name is "美しく忙しきドナウ", which is "The Blue Danube" with "Blue" replaced by the word for "Busy". So that's how I translated it, lol. Presumably it's some kind of up-tempo arrangement of The Blue Danube.

Oregano

I wish Namco/Nintendo would take a chance on localising one of these. I imagine licensing is a big issue though.

Fantastic. I was just thinking the other day, if there was going to be a new 3DS taiko no tatsujin. Glad to see a new one announced.

Updated Famitsu story with some screens. RPG mode looks very similar to the 2nd 3DS game's, with the big change being your party is now up to 8 characters, and you can arrange their layout. It also has multiplayer quests like V Version.

Just picked up my copy of the magazine myself, doesn't really have a whole lot more info other than some additional screens and showing off the new protagonists, antagonists, and Phoenix's appearance in the game.

Official site is up. Mostly the same info that was in the Famitsu story. Full song count is 71 on cart, with more to be revealed over time, similar to V Version (10 more Game Music, 5 more Classical, 19 more Namco Original).

Also much like V Version, there will be 3 DLC songs available for free from launch through August, the first of which was revealed to be Umi no Koe.

Huh, they didn't go with Sentai song? Don't they usually feature both Rider and Sentai OP at the time? Because Zyuohger's theme would be rad.

It'll probably get added to the arcade version in the coming months, and then a home console version a bit after that as DLC.

New Famitsu has more info, with more Game Music tracks:

Ghosts n' Goblins Overworld BGM (Remixed by ARM (IOSYS))
Outride a Crisis (Super Hang-On)
Good-bye my earth (Darius Burst)
Rising (Warrior Blade)
Lightning Dance (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune)
NEW WORLD (Synchronica)
AWAKE ~Muscle Mezame no Theme~ (Muscle March)
Dragon Saber Submerged City
DRIVE A LIVE (Idolm@ster SideM)

goddamn, outride a crisis is, like... right up my alley, lol. and taiko FINALLY gets a wangan track, lol

Additionally, Otomo Airu from Monster Hunter Generations and Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya from Touhou appear in the RPG mode as recruitable allies.

tiijj

says it can't ship to my address. Wtf is this shit again?

I think it was available for amazonglobal before but they removed it. I'm not 100% sure I remembered it properly. You can wait and see if they will enable it again, if not, I guess mail forwarding will be your only choice.

Koppai

I think it was available for amazonglobal before but they removed it. I'm not 100% sure I remembered it properly. You can wait and see if they will enable it again, if not, I guess mail forwarding will be your only choice.
Or Play-Asia

angeal971

Neo Member
I know this odd to say, but I hope there won't be a lot of DLC, cause the 3DS just can't handle that much, taiko 3DS2 is laggy as hell with only 132 songs.
71 songs are confirmed to be in the initial launch, so I'd say 30 or 40 DLC maximum would be great to have more songs and keep optimal playability.

Taiko livestream with news on the game just ended, here's what was announced:

More on-cart Namco Originals:

Next, Namco Original Pack 1, available for free within the first week of launch, then it becomes 500 yen
Densetsu no Matsuri
Yuugen no Ran
Shikou no Ran (Zeami)
Fuun Shishi
Tabaneito (Harunaba feat.Chihiro Ishiguro)

Monthly free DLC tracks through August:
June: Umi no Koe
July: PERFECT HUMAN
August: Sekai Fushigi Hakken! Opening Theme

And lastly, Namcot Medley is a preorder bonus for getting the game through Lawson (other retailers just get alternate colored monsters for the RPG mode). If V Version is anything to go by, the preorder song should be available for individual purchase down the line as well.

There was also a new PV for the game shown, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be up on their Youtube channel yet. Really, the main thing it showed that I didn't cover here are the guest characters appearing in the game:

edit: Here's the trailer, thanks to L~A for the upload.

angeal971

Neo Member
Nice news, all ran songs are coming to taiko 3ds3 omg,
and it's cool to see more IOSYS songs tho.
songlist is great, the best among 3ds so far

Top Bottom