• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Horsemen of the Appocalypse still in development

You mean there's actually going to be a publisher that's brave enough to pick this up? It sounds like it could be pretty good, i'd just be surprised if any publisher took a chance on it.

Yep. This game is one that I was looking forward to the most out of any next-gen game.

It just looks bad-ass. Revelations shit is scary stuff.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I was hoping that this would pop back up. We need a game like this so this subject matter will no longer be taboo in the industry.

FightyF

Banned
With movies like the Passion of Christ being released, despite a large resistance by many in Hollywood, hopefully we can see this being released and well received.

El Papa

Interesting. The demon bishops concept art makes me think this game could cause an enormous outcry from the Catholic church and people that are against videogames with sensitive/violent content matter.

El Papa said:
Interesting. The demon bishops concept art makes me think this game could cause an enormous outcry from the Catholic church and people that are against videogames with sensitive/violent content matter.

It's safe to say that if it is released, and is good it's going to get a pretty heavy amount of outcty. Since if it is good it'll likely sell a decent amount, even more once the media starts telling everyone about it.

4horsey_052103_16.jpg

four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-20040611042555011.jpg

fourhorsemen_102902_14.jpg

Maybe this will open up the door for releases of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 in the US which were obviously held back because of how heavily they deal with religion.

El Papa

SSx: True enough. What I'm refering to spicifically though is this pic:

four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-20040611042555652.jpg

That's Pope and bishop garb those demons have on. That makes me think the people making this game could be going the Reformationist way story wise, that is, the Papacy is the Anti-Christ and the Roman Catholic Church is the 'Great Whore of Babylon'. Could you imagine the reaction to a game where your main objective basically is to kill the Pope aka the Anti-Christ and destroy the Roman Catholic Church? I would be really blown away if that is what they're doing with this game, that's why I'm suprised by this concept art. It is concept art though, so it could just be for affect, however, I just noticed that the guy nailed to the wall with the pentagram in blood with half his body torn off is a catholic priest....

I think they might do that or something similar to it. There's always a game that comes along that steps up the level to what's already been hinted at in the industry. There were violent games before MK came out, MK just raised the bar. There have been games that have been kinda anti religion, this could very much raise the bar on that. From what i've read on the game, you definetly aren't working on the good side of things in this game. So they might just go all out which is going to piss alot of people off. There have been impressions saying the game is good, so the only real reason for it to be having such a hard time being picked up is because of its stance on religion. Publishers just seem really scared to touch it because they're going to catch alot of hate. But they should look on the other end, whenever a game gets alot of media attention it does good. So far a small publisher this could be really good for them.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm its a franchise now?

I wonder if my concept of a "Biblical Appocalypse Online" a judgement day RTS could come through now? ;)

Top Bottom