• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 new PS4 controller colors coming to US/Canada next month

dolabla

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/20/4-new-colors-join-the-dualshock-4-lineup-next-month/

We’re happy to announce that four new vibrant and stylish colors are joining the DualShock 4 wireless controller lineup in September!

Bright, playful, and fun, the new Berry Blue edition brings new flavor to the DS4 lineup, while the vibrant Sunset Orange brings a little heat to your gameplay. The two-tone design offers a stylish contrast that makes the buttons and sticks pop!

If you’re a fan of trendy patterns, the Blue Camouflage DS4 will be right up your alley. Alternatively, if you’d prefer sticking to one color, stand out with another metallic addition to the lineup with the shiny and refined new Copper DS4.

The new colors will be available across retailers in the U.S. and Canada in September for $64.99 USD (MSRP) / $74.99 CAD (MSRP), while supplies last. In the USA, Copper will be available first at GameStop, and later at other select retailers. Click here for pre-order details, or check your local retailers for availability.

Check out the looks of the four new controllers below, and tell us which one you’re picking up first in the comments!

Berry Blue:

Sunset Orange:

Blue Camo:

Copper:

nowhat

Call me boring, but... nope, just nope. Black is just fine. As far as I'm concerned, black is the new black and will remain so ad infinitum.

drotahorror

Call me boring, but... nope, just nope. Black is just fine. As far as I'm concerned, black is the new black and will remain so ad infinitum.

I'm right there with you, but I love orange as well. Orange and black go together so well to me. I'm a sucker for Halloween btw.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Holy shit my 1 love
9aa42220-f069-11e6-8de5-ab0401179974.jpg

DonF

Boring. JK. But what if you have a special console...like the white destiny one, or the mgs v...or decals. Some people like to customize their stuff.

I love the copper one. It would match my golden one.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You know Sony/Nintendo could learn to make more variety of colors from Microsoft. I only have a crystal and white ds4 cause the other choices are meh. Just release purple, teal, orange, gunmetal, classic grey and flamingo pink over black, camo shit, blue and red on your consoles first ffs. Why do companies to this day think we don't like other colorful or better colors? The Japanese don't even know us western ppl after 20 years?

Susurrus

Already own 4 controllers....White, Blue, Gold, Crystal....need to justify that Sunset Orange somehow....maybe the Berry as well....hard pass on the other two. Maybe taking into account my PSTV uses up one of my DS4s...or all 4 of mine are the Gen 1 model w/out the light bar in the sensor area (does anyone like this feature btw?).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
These all look terrible to me, but to each their own

Codes 208

The first two look like xbox lab created controller colors. Weird.

I want the clear dark blue controller dammit lol

Isa

Finally, I wanted that Sunset Orange one since it was announced for EU. Though that Berry Blue one may now take its place.

CD'S BAR

The berry is so weird that it works. The orange looks too bright but maybe it's not as blinding on the actual product.
Will get one or the other when they inevitably drop from that ridiculous premium price.

Osukaa

Ohhhh I'm really feeling the sunset and burry blue. I wish PS had something like MS where you can design your own colors.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Not really a fan, maybe if they were translucent (also make the whole controller translucent please)

B_Signal

copper is alright. Berry Blue is like Villa's colours, so if you're a fan of them I guess

I don't need another controller, but I'd consider the copper one if I did

brap

Banned
Fuckin ugly. Where's my red or purple or hot pink?
shit just make a translucent one like i have for ps1
ps1_orig_clear_black_ctl.jpg

Last edited:

Dthomp

I like the Berry Blue and kind of the orange, but we already have like 5 or 6 controllers as is for two people "pie_tears_joy:

Berry Blue looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm currently rocking a somewhat recent Pimp Gold one and I still need me some sexy translucent one, so I guess I'm gonna have to pass.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I got my crystal for 49.99. These released months ago 2.

Top Bottom