• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 swords single player - any non-nintendo-fans wanna weigh in?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
off to fry's to pick up an sd card for my camera. was thinking of picking up four swords -- if only because it'll be years before it's this cheap again -- but i'm not convinced of its single player merits. topic probably reads like flamebait, but it isn't meant that way: i'd just like opinions from people who aren't hugely susceptible to nintendo's charms. as i am not. thanks.

and there's no chance whatsoever that i'll get to play multiplayer. i don't even know anyone else with a gba.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
I guess appreciating the staggeringly clever design that goes into making it playable (very playable) in singleplayer at all can be a good surrogate for Zelda-stalgia, and working out how to use your gang of Links effectively is a puzzle in itself. But speaking as a heartless, soulless dead-to-Nintendo gamer, it's the multiplayer that got me to enjoy it, and I think I wouldn't have played through singleplayer voluntarily.

Ryu

Working together with freinds makes the puzzles much more enjoyable to play through. Without friends, the battle mode is totaly wasted. I would say to skip it honestly unless you have one friend at least to play it with. I have 4 others at least so this rule really doesn't apply to me, but I wouldn't go hopping into it expecting the next LttP or anything like that as it really isn't that detailed or intricate.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i was worried for a moment that only bonkers nintendo fans would have played it. hm...i dunno. puzzles sound kind of interesting, and i really like the graphics, but the structure doesn't seem conducive to single player. guess i should pass. particularly considering the growing and ever present backlog. thanks.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ryu said:
Working together with freinds makes the puzzles much more enjoyable to play through. Without friends, the battle mode is totaly wasted. I would say to skip it honestly unless you have one friend at least to play it with. I have 4 others at least so this rule really doesn't apply to me, but I wouldn't go hopping into it expecting the next LttP or anything like that as it really isn't that detailed or intricate.

I don't know. I kinda like it as very fast-paced 2D Zelda.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
just rent it, you could easily finish it in a weekend.

edit: that would be alot of gaming in a weekend what is the game 20 hours? disregard my easily beat it in a weekend comment :p

Pimpbaa

I haven't liked Nintendo a whole lot lately, but I'm really enjoying this game. Single player works great, and the game gets even better with multiple players.

Top Bottom